Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Places to ride off-road

Bike
    KTM 200EXC RM250
    You gotta be careful up there. People think your out looking for their plots and tend to try and run you down in their 4x4's.

Bike
    YZF 250
    hi guy's.the maratoto tracks are awsome.did the big loop at xmas,they ask for $5 for bikes. also been to thunder valley bike park a few times now.good riding and well kept,the owner james fowlie is a awsome guy,we hired bikes off him for our xmas break up.great day.

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

re maratotos

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY P
    hi guy's.the maratoto tracks are awsome.did the big loop at xmas,they ask for $5 for bikes.
    yeah the river crossings are pretty cool, but not atm , also the rock trail down the southern side is a good skills test, however its not a good trail to do alone.

F/F
    "Kiwi Biker, still a great place despite the mods "

"Would crawl over broken glass before owning Suzuki"

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    YZF250 2007

maratoto

I was thinking over heading there this weekend but when I checked out the DOC web site they indicate that the track is closed from 5 Jan due to too many 4wd's getting stuck and needing recovery? How about back up the road at Neasvale (Kopu/Hikuwai) have you been through there recently? I came back through there last weekend and noticed a few quad trailers parked on the side of the road but they may have been part of a big police operation that was going on in the area, at twenty cop cars, spotter planes and helicopters spraying bombing the local crops..........

Bike
    YZF 250
    yea been through neasvile twice over christmas,awsome but don't go alone,maratoto's is open again we went on the 14th and 7/01/06.doc has done a lot of work there and it's in good condition

Bike
    YZF 250
    weve been riding up neasvile area since late 80's and everyone weve met up there have been friendly the worst thing is 4x4 guy's winching trees right out and smashing them off. gives us a bad name.

Bike
    XR1200x, Triumph Speed Four
    Some good riding to be had here in Taupo in the Rangitaiki area. 20mins up the Napier /Taupo rd, park at the cafe on the left (real good people, have a beer or coffee there afterwards...don't go round futher to the Rangitaiki Pub as he is a grumpy old prick!!), cross over the bridge and into the gravel pit on the other side of the road and away you go. All the way out the back and return is about 45ks.
    PM me if you are down this way and want some company, we're always keen for a ride (unless I'm on the road bike or on the water!)
    "Twilight's like soccer. They run around for two hours, nobody scores, and a billion fans insist you just don't understand"

Bike
    YZF 250
    cheers for that trumpy. good to know. looked like there was riding out there on the right to have you been in there.

Bike
    No bikes at my house
    Thompsons Track BOP, very rough and challenging

Rowe Rd Tauranga has a great moto track

Bike
    YZF 250
    cheers wayne,have you got more info on thompsons track weve always wanted to go there but not sure where it is{ sounds good]

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    I'm looking for a track open to the public in the Hamilton area, preferably with a fairly tame segment (no harsher than the BMX track on near Minogue Park, Moore St, Hamilton if you know it) suitable for my kids to learn to ride off road.

Also interested in other tracks in the Hamilton area open for the public to take their bikes out for a bit of a "play".

Any ideas?
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    2000/honda/trx400ex

you could try out behind the cock and bull out te rapa,i go there with my quad now and again,good learning area,just learnin meself!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by trx400ex
    you could try out behind the cock and bull out te rapa,i go there with my quad now and again,good learning area,just learnin meself!
    It's open to public "making a nuisance" of themselves?
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    2000/honda/trx400ex

na my brother knows the guy who owns the land,he says its all good.
    i have a standard,and quiet exhaust on my bike so it doesnt seem to annoy anyone.
    im not into being a menace on my bike,if im unsure at all i wouldnt go there cos i dont want bike riders to get a bad rap cos thats wot ruins it for everyone,give it a go,never had a complaint yet.if i ever did id stop goin there.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by trx400ex
    na my brother knows the guy who owns the land,he says its all good.
    i have a standard,and quiet exhaust on my bike so it doesnt seem to annoy anyone.
    im not into being a menace on my bike,if im unsure at all i wouldnt go there cos i dont want bike riders to get a bad rap cos thats wot ruins it for everyone,give it a go,never had a complaint yet.if i ever did id stop goin there.
    Cheers. Once I get the bike sorted out I'll PM you and we can hook up and head out there.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Thread Information