Thread: Places to ride off-road

Bike
    2000/honda/trx400ex

yeah sweet im in!!
    smile and the world smiles with you....
    fart and your'e on your own!!

Bike
    2008 Suzuki RM250
    Hey whats up everyone, I am just new here obviously but was just wondering if anyone knows of any good places to ride in Southland? like MX tracks, Trail etc... ? If anyone on here lives in Southland who is keen on riding contact me at the.disciple@gmail.com

I've been riding about 12 years now there isn't any place I can't ride I mainly ride on the beach these days out at oreti beach some pretty cool tracks there that go through the sand dunes and stuff but I find that is sand too hard on my bike so want to know if there are any decent tracks to ride on that you don't have to pay too much to ride on.

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Have a look in Bikemart or kiwirider for dates as there is a fair bt going on down their, also Blue Wing Honda do a summer trail ride series , were you can win a bike , just like I did. hope this helps.
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    VSTROM - 650XT

Trail rides in Franklin

I am a newbie to trail riding and was wanting to know if there are any places in Franklin (Pukekohe/Waiuku) to ride. As I am just learning, are there any easy and hopefully free places to ride for practice before I venture out to Thundercross or Woodhill. Cheers.

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Sure man, Woodhill isn't in the greatest condition and Thundercross isn't great at the moment after alot of rain. Woodhill is rideable but the whoops are hard work, I personally don't mind, just my thoughts on both tracks.
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    1999 Honda CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellyman
    Sure man, Woodhill isn't in the greatest condition and Thundercross isn't great at the moment after alot of rain. Woodhill is rideable but the whoops are hard work, I personally don't mind, just my thoughts on both tracks.
    WM
    Went to Woodhill a few days ago and theres heaps more whoops, gives the old legs a thrashing Anyone know some more places here in Rodney to ride?
    Ride it likes it's stolen.

Bike
    YZF 250
    hi dude' i'm from puke too. nowhere to ride for free but kimmy's farm is awsome in summer.also thundercross park awsome caters for all levels.

Bike
    CR250
    should we all head to Thundercross then?

Bike
    1999 Honda CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese
    should we all head to Thundercross then?
    If my mates avail. we might be going to Ardmore or Thunder??

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Thundercross would be a bloody shit hole at the moment. it hasn't be bad weather i suppose, but it is crap in the winter. its slippery and boggy and not fun at all.
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Wellyman
    Thundercross would be a bloody shit hole at the moment. it hasn't be bad weather i suppose, but it is crap in the winter. its slippery and boggy and not fun at all.
    WM

No its not, very rideable, and some riders prefer that challange Dan.

F/F
    "Kiwi Biker, still a great place despite the mods "

"Would crawl over broken glass before owning Suzuki"

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    CR250
    I might have a wee blat around waterford on saturday then, might see some of you guys there.

Bike
    cr250f
    gee that will be fun,yeah waterford,lets go there,...after the dry weather we're experiencing why the fuck would you waste your time on bike going there, unless that place is your idea of a good ride of course in which case you enjoy buddy,be sure to let us know wat it was like ...

Bike
    1999 Honda CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by telliman
    gee that will be fun,yeah waterford,lets go there,...after the dry weather we're experiencing why the fuck would you waste your time on bike going there, unless that place is your idea of a good ride of course in which case you enjoy buddy,be sure to let us know wat it was like ...
    Woah settle down dude

Bike
    CR250
    Um what did I say, I'll be going to waterford because I've only got a short time to have a ride and it's only 30 mins from my house. I really want to go to Thundercorss, but it's more of a day trip for me from the shore. I quite enjoy riding at waterford. I'm learning how to jump properly, so it's good to learn. Those big table tops are great.

Thread Information