Bike
    Missile
    Quote Originally Posted by SSS View Post
    there is also a place up the akatarawa road, for us Welly folks,

I may go for a mission out there tonight, and post up directions tomorrow

sam
    Waiotauru Hut through Tararua Forest Park:
    http://www.tramper.co.nz/huts/index....object&id=1781

Access via track at summit of Akatarawa Road. Approx 16km to Hut. Track used by 4WD's as well. A good ride.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    This thread is for places to ride,these are upper North Island,(thanks Firefight)other areas please put in what you have.

1) Woodhill forest, SHW 16/ take rimmers rd head to coast, bike park well sign posted, free weekdays, Saturday/sunday & public holidays, NZ$ 20.00 per bike, $16.00 for Hondas, provides access to 1000 acres of sand based tracks, free break down servicewith 4x4 500cc Quad and medical care should you bump into our tress.Sand based.

2)Thunder Valley Bike park SHW 22, about 30 mins sou west of Tuakau.
    750 acres of hill country rides, A & B track, swamps, forest, bush, Moto x track, hilly stuff, fast open hay paddocks, heaps of natural formed jumps and man made jumps, I think open Wednesday to Sunday, safe/secure parking,
    was about NZ$20.00 per rider, (A) track not suitable for kids or newbies.

3) Jam track, located left hand side clevedon to dudders road, small moto x track and 7-8 min bush track, tricky in wet, but lots of fun.

4)Fletchers Arariumu, small private track, not bad, used to charge NZ$ 15.00

5) If your into Moto X, Ardmore is at very active well run club, bloody good safe track, for newbies and pros, from papkura on the clevedon rd, just past ardmore airfeild turn off look for a KTM sign on right hand side.

6) If you don,t mind a bit of a drive, Kimmys farm at rotowaro west of Huntly has a good track, good motox track, and very good endro loop(11 ks I think)
    used to be NZ$ 20.00, but have not ridden there this year.

7) Maratotos DOC run/honesty box, about 25 ks from Kopu as you head towards Paeroa, don,t ride it alone very isolated, and very challanging, ride creek beds, about 4 river crossings, rock slides tracks, bush, good value.

8) If your a good motox rider, Harrisville(Tuakau) is where its at, big jumps, fast track, good location, normally only open for big events or club pratice, if you want big air/broken bones go there.
    Hi Guys, any one know the addresses and phone numbers of the above. Have looked in the on line white pages and nothing.
    Thanks

Steve

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by uksteve View Post
    Hi Guys, any one know the addresses and phone numbers of the above. Have looked in the on line white pages and nothing.
    Thanks

Steve
    kimmies, goto kimmies.co.nz

go to huntly, go west, over the bridge, follow this road until you get to a road with a big overhead conveyor thing over it, go down there till you get there.

Woodhill, head out kumeu way, carry on until you see signs

Ardmore, directions above, follow bikes on trailers!

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Boooom

Bike
    2007 CR250 and 125Reaper Pitbike
    GOOD PLACES TO RIDE IN DUNEDIN!!!!
    Titri park-1/2 hr drive south and cost $15 for non club members.

Waihola Forest -1/2 hr drive south just past Titri park.You do need a permit for forestry riding in Dunnos-Avaliable from all bike shops.

Silverpeaks-20min drive north of DunedinFairly overgrown and has a small old quarry.

Herbert Forest-Drive 3/4hr north to palmerston and go inland another 10min to forest.Heaps of good tracks and goes right through trotters gorge.

Mt Allan-20min drive from Dunedin out the back of Mosgiel.Ride tracks all day and have a blast-You do need a permit for here.

Dunstan Trail-50 mins from Dunedin and goes from clarks junction pub.

KOARSE COMPOUND-FMX riding only,supercross jumps from dirt to dirt and ramp to dirt.Not for the inexperienced rider.Invite only.For more info on Team KOARSE FMX contact me prydeengineering@xtra.co.nz.
    Always understate and over deliver !Never overstate and under deliver.

Bike
    08 KTM 300 EXC-E -GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by PRYDEE View Post
    GOOD PLACES TO RIDE IN DUNEDIN!!!!
    Titri park-1/2 hr drive south and cost $15 for non club members.

Waihola Forest -1/2 hr drive south just past Titri park.You do need a permit for forestry riding in Dunnos-Avaliable from all bike shops.

Silverpeaks-20min drive north of DunedinFairly overgrown and has a small old quarry.

Herbert Forest-Drive 3/4hr north to palmerston and go inland another 10min to forest.Heaps of good tracks and goes right through trotters gorge.

Mt Allan-20min drive from Dunedin out the back of Mosgiel.Ride tracks all day and have a blast-You do need a permit for here.

Dunstan Trail-50 mins from Dunedin and goes from clarks junction pub.

KOARSE COMPOUND-FMX riding only,supercross jumps from dirt to dirt and ramp to dirt.Not for the inexperienced rider.Invite only.For more info on Team KOARSE FMX contact me prydeengineering@xtra.co.nz.
    You lucky buggers!

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Found a little practice track just south of hamilton in Pirongia.
    Head south out of pirongia on the main road, ya get about 5k out of town and there is a massive straight, about a k down on the right is a small shed and a gate, next to the gate on the fence is a motorcycle tyre, open the gate and go through. just past the first shed on the right there is another shed by a gate, stop and go in, there is an honesty box which you put $10 in and sign your life away, keep following the track up and over the hill, go through a double gate carry on down hill now to the next gate, behind this gate is where you park. DO NOT HOON AROUND AND OR SKID UP THIS PADDOCK!!! You will get us all kicked out, not to mention getting your own ass kicked by the farm owner. Go across the creek and you will see it, it"s a few tracks cut into the scrub with a massive hill. Good fun for a bit of a muck around, I think DK and a few other moto guys practice out there, there are no jumps, i think it's a saftey thing..
    There are some pretty nice berms and nice flowing trails and some massive ruts those guys have carved in and some cool figure 8 ruts, it's good practice.
    Takes a good 3-4min to get around. Pretty rough at the best of times.
    Its clay.
    Have fun, if you can find it....
    And you didn't hear it from me... (seriously you just heard it from some guy at the pub..)

Bike
    none
    Just how much interest is there in dirt bike circuits? I am thinking of setting one up on my farm. Be about 10 ks long. Easy to tricky bits. Just north of Whangarei. Hukerenui. Part of Greg Powers hooker circuit, the pine block. Just need to know if it worth setting up before I go ahead with it. Let me know your views, ideas

Bike
    kx250f
    Quote Originally Posted by keith55 View Post
    Just how much interest is there in dirt bike circuits? I am thinking of setting one up on my farm. Be about 10 ks long. Easy to tricky bits. Just north of Whangarei. Hukerenui. Part of Greg Powers hooker circuit, the pine block. Just need to know if it worth setting up before I go ahead with it. Let me know your views, ideas
    I'd say you'd get a fair bit of interest. Anyone up that way be of any more help????

Bike
    SXF250
    Sounds awesome, especially if it was all year around & it meant we had a place to ride Sunday's in winter.
    One Wed night's there's a decent group doing rides between Keri & Ohaiwai, I'm not to sure if they'd be keen on going down to Hukerenui in summer, but I know they were talking of making a bit of a circuit of the places we have to ride.
    I'll ask on Sunday & PM you with what everyone thinks of your idea.
    Not sure if you know Wazza or Al Whatmough but they'd be good guys to run your idea past, they know alot more riders up here than me.

Bike
    none
    It would be closed in winter. Gets bloody soggy here. Don't really know any riders around here, that is why I am trying this forum.

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Keith, I may know you.... We started up the huka trail ride up north, used to own the pub.....
    PM me for more info..
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    '04 300 EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by SSS View Post
    You have a dirtbike too? other wise, you may scratch the plastics on teh CBR....

Im keen to meet up with people and go for a thrash sometime, just about to finish of my long term DR250 project, and get a Ute.

Yea, Karapoti, would definately be keen, is that the main Legal track for us?

sam

**EDIT** Ok, here are the directions, drove out there with Mrs last night...

From Upper hutt, head towards Te Marua Speedway, as you leave Upper Hutt, take the Akatarawa Rd (left), and push your Trip Meter to "0" drive for 5.5kms, and then the road has a Fork, with a side road to the LEFT, head down there, and turn left sharp, onto a One Way bridge, and drive for another 1.5kms, over one more dodgy as all hell wooden bridge, and there is a large car park.(park up, and bikes out)

I have not gone any further than this, but i may just get the old Pedal Power out, and have a look upthere, until i get the engine finished on the DR.

regards

sam
    Karapiti is quite fun, hard if you fall, it's rocky as hell, watch out for mountain bikers coming the other way too, I'm in wgtn city but i go to Himatangi when i ride, Big forrest along the beach full of trails and a small set of dunes at the north end. I's a commercial pine forrest so theres heaps of space to make your own trails and find some cool hillclimbs and jumps

Bike
    '04 300 EXC

Message to any welli folk keen to meet up and build a dirt crew

Not sure what i'm replying to here (what's a thread?) i'm new to this but i'll figure it out! Me and my mate ride every 2nd weekend, usually in Himatangi or Otaki but we're keen as to find some new spots (who isn't!), and meet up with some like minded fools to thrash with, I'm in Wgtn city and my mate's in Wainui i ride DRZ400 (averagely) and he rides a 700cc Raptor (quite well). I'm 21 and he's 41 so there's no age requirements!! Send me a personal message on this if interested or email/MSN Kezzafish@gmail.com

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    wheres some good places to play around Hamilton?? and who plays around here regularly??
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Thread Information