Thread: Places to ride off-road

Bike
    09 CRF250R, pw50
    Sweet cheers man

Bike
    2007 ktm sxf250
    just thought i'd add my 2 cents...

spots up north around whangarei

went out to mahuta gap last weekend, sweet place to ride massive sand dunes and random 4wd tracks and this time of the year it's a bit hard packed so heaps of traction and not too much real soft sand, kept me and a couple mates entertained for the day, pretty keen on heading back asap to do some more exploring of the 25 km's+ of beach and dunes. http://www.zoomin.co.nz/kaipara/mahuta/mahuta+gap+road/

"The Farm" is mega slippery this time of the year, so if you're keen on a mud bath go for it lol, otherwise wait till summer and make a weekend of it (camping/piss up) seriously good riding up there. https://www.facebook.com/bikeparkatthefarm?fref=ts

ruakaka beach

use google maps, look for ruakaka race course, there's a beach entrance down by the main entry, theres a few 4wd tracks and dunes to play around on, good for a quick half day mish.....or search for tip rd waipu, same sort of scenario just more to ride.

if anyone has any more info on spots to ride up here, i'd be keen to know, still pretty new to northland, cheers.

Bike
    09 CRF250R, pw50

Thundercross opening?

Anybody have any news on thundercross? Is it opening up soon? Did it get sold?

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fitty View Post
    Anybody have any news on thundercross? Is it opening up soon? Did it get sold?
    Good question, it was still fully functioning when I was there last, just before they closed for winter and James was still running it back then, so I assume it's not been sold.

They open at the beginning of September (their permit requires them to close over the winter months), so should be ok, but I'd just give them a quick call before heading down.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Is there anywhere close to albany on the north shore to go for a cheeky ride? Can I take it on the empty lands near the malls and stuff? Anyone had issues with cops?

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    Is there anywhere close to albany on the north shore to go for a cheeky ride? Can I take it on the empty lands near the malls and stuff? Anyone had issues with cops?
    I think you will find people will be offended if you ride around up there now. They hate to see people enjoying themselves, and it is a good idea not to be noisy in a city.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    I think you will find people will be offended if you ride around up there now. They hate to see people enjoying themselves, and it is a good idea not to be noisy in a city.
    Tell me about it. I'm even having trailer logistic issues now trying to go get this bike. It'll be a pain when trying to sort bike transport for weekend rides. I think I will sell my car and get a ute.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Tell me about it. I'm even having trailer logistic issues now trying to go get this bike. It'll be a pain when trying to sort bike transport for weekend rides. I think I will sell my car and get a ute.
    Ute, van or trailer is the way to go when you have a dirty. Sux borrowing or hiring trailers. I can get 3 bikes on the back of my ute, and 4 on the trailer.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Ute, van or trailer is the way to go when you have a dirty. Sux borrowing or hiring trailers. I can get 3 bikes on the back of my ute, and 4 on the trailer.
    I bought a ute today. Pretty cheap too. Just over 2k for a nissan datsun single cab. Plenty of space for a dirt bike and I can use it for when I want to take my road bike to the track.

Bike
    Honda crf450x
    Any new spots around? specifically South of Auckland ?

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    Found a ute a bit limited for space for when carting and locking gear up while away from it.....Had a Van with a towbar for big missions....Can leave everything in it when your fucked from riding when you get home and just want a beer.

You can just get a KDX200 into a Hiace or Bongo if you back it in and compress the forks down a bit with a tiedown to make the bars fit under the roof...

Bike
    Honda crf450x
    Quote Originally Posted by FAI View Post
    Any new spots around? specifically South of Auckland ?
    Current list of spots all round NZ - http://www.mxvinny.com/#!mx-training-tracks/c50y

Bike
    BMW F 650GS
    Check this out too
    Dirt roads of bikes that are legal

https://www.facebook.com/SthAklAvGro...87730931594510

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    None

Any updates?

Hey all,

Does anyone have any updated spots for riding (mainly trail/enduro) around Auckland?
    I live on the shore and ride most weekends at woodhill, are there any other spots close by?

Cheers!!!

Bike
    2011 Suzuki Gsx-R 1000 L1 , KXF250
    Blog Entries

herbert

Quote Originally Posted by PRYDEE View Post
    GOOD PLACES TO RIDE IN DUNEDIN!!!!
    Titri park-1/2 hr drive south and cost $15 for non club members.

do you have anymore info on Herbert Forest? " like track maps etc

"Drive 3/4hr north to palmerston and go inland another 10min to forest.Heaps of good tracks and goes right through trotters gorge."

Waihola Forest -1/2 hr drive south just past Titri park.You do need a permit for forestry riding in Dunnos-Avaliable from all bike shops.

Silverpeaks-20min drive north of DunedinFairly overgrown and has a small old quarry.

Herbert Forest-Drive 3/4hr north to palmerston and go inland another 10min to forest.Heaps of good tracks and goes right through trotters gorge.

Mt Allan-20min drive from Dunedin out the back of Mosgiel.Ride tracks all day and have a blast-You do need a permit for here.

Dunstan Trail-50 mins from Dunedin and goes from clarks junction pub.

KOARSE COMPOUND-FMX riding only,supercross jumps from dirt to dirt and ramp to dirt.Not for the inexperienced rider.Invite only.For more info on Team KOARSE FMX contact me prydeengineering@xtra.co.nz.
    do you have anymore info on Herbert Forest? " like track maps etc

Thread Information