Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Places to ride off-road

Bike
    Ktm

Hamilton region

Hey everyone does any one no any trail tracks for free around Hamilton area private or open to public please

Bike
    2003 Yamaha YZF250

Close to Hamilton...

Your closest is going to be Moto Central West of Huntly. IOt's about 15 minutes from Taupiri and a good place to ride in a controlled environment. Otherwise it a bit further out to Thunder Valley.
    You can also watch silverbullet.co.nz & join in the event listed there. Most weekends have something on in the general vicinity.

Twilight MX events are fun too & not too hard... normally a class for everyone.

Bike
    Enduro TX 125
    Hey there. Maybe I've missed that somewhere in the thread but I'd like to know where is better to go in late autumn (that means "now") to practice? Not very suicidal but challenging.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki Versys 650
    I am not from NZ so I can't suggest a place where you can practice some stunt. I am sure Google can give you an accurate answer for this query.

Bike
    TBA

Current list of places near Wellington to Ride?

Hi All,

After many years without a bike I now have 13 year olds that are keen to go riding off road. As it was a key part and memory from my youth I'm keen to explore the idea.

They're more keen on the idea of some cross country vs track racing, I'm thinking CRF230/250's or similar, or 125 - 250 2-Strokes which is what I grew up with.

So, aside from Red Rocks on a Saturday and Karapoti, what are the options I could take them to on weekends with a bike trailer, gas and camping gear?

Thanks in adavance.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    https://trailntrack.co.nz/

Can stay in cabin, awesome host.

Think there are quieter cabin, ie dont go stay in main cabin when yobbos like us are there
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TBA

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    https://trailntrack.co.nz/

Can stay in cabin, awesome host.

Think there are quieter cabin, ie dont go stay in main cabin when yobbos like us are there
    Looks great, thanks!

Bike
    L0 RMZ250, Aprilia RS250/SuperMono673
    Hey there,

A long time since I've hung out on KB, just back on a bike as of this month, first time since 2010!

I'm keen for any pro tips on where the best trail rides are at...I'm well aware of Silverbullet.co.nz but can't remember which ones were any good, I see there is one coming up in June called "Tunnels", has anyone done this before and recommend it? I'm keen on fast riding and technical trails, plenty of hill climbs and appreciate adventure and scenery. I used to frequent Epic Adv rides like Berm Buster and Desert Storm, are these still popular?

Auckland based but will travel north and south to Taupo-ish. Riding a 21 Kwaka KX250XC.

Hope everyone's well, cheers, Lance
    RMZ#88

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Berm buster is still popular.

Just did TracknTrail again, great venue to stay the night. There is trail riding too. Apparently the main track is quite good.

I however busted out 3 loops of the junior track, including the hill climb. A 5 yr old showed me the way around on his peewee. I was pretty impressive. First time I've ridden for 3 months. I think it rebroke my healing ribs whilst remaining in 1st and 2nd .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information