Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zxr250 rear suspension setup

Bike
    gone

zxr250 rear suspension setup

How do I crank it up a bit and what would be the standard setting?

Its on the lowest setting on the spring at the moment, and was like that when I got it. Must have been ridden by a pokemon in japan. Kwakachu maybe

Do I need a special tool? a big screwdriver didnt want to do it. Is there a way to measure how much it needs for my 85-90kg arse, or is that more a personal preference thing?

any setup tips would be a help.

Bike
    99 cr125
    The tool you need might be found in the tool bag under the riders seat, that is if you have the original. It kinda looks like a pirate hook ( sorry thats the only way i can describe it ), kinda like a blunt hook. Thats the tool you should be looking for As for set-up.... i wouldnt have a clue, i just turn every single thing possible and hopefully it works, if you do find a helpful website etc, please let me know

Bike
    gone
    unfortunately my underseat has a nice and empty cavity

Might have to attack random bits of metal with the grinder. (to make a tool that is, i dont mean attack the bike)

Hook aye? got a pic?

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    gotta motomail catalogue handy? there's pictures of them in there. beware though, its a dangerous document if you have a credit card and potential to be an impulse shopper!!

if you're just trying to sort the overall setup, a good way is to have someone stand off to the side of the bike as you drop your weight on to it (like you were going to sit down on it). when its set up right for your weight, the front and rear should respond at about the same rate. ie, if the front's too hard, the bike will seem to nose up when you sit down or viceversa if its too soft. Alternatively, find a darkish part of the garage, turn the headlights on and then do it. You'll see the headlight mark rise if its too soft at the rear as the bike will do its nosing up trick again when you sit down.

Bike
    gone
    Originally posted by Coldkiwi
    gotta motomail catalogue handy? there's pictures of them in there. beware though, its a dangerous document if you have a credit card and potential to be an impulse shopper!!

if you're just trying to sort the overall setup, a good way is to have someone stand off to the side of the bike as you drop your weight on to it (like you were going to sit down on it). when its set up right for your weight, the front and rear should respond at about the same rate. ie, if the front's too hard, the bike will seem to nose up when you sit down or viceversa if its too soft. Alternatively, find a darkish part of the garage, turn the headlights on and then do it. You'll see the headlight mark rise if its too soft at the rear as the bike will do its nosing up trick again when you sit down.

Now thats the sort of thing im after

Yeah, ASB bank loves me and my credit card.

Motomail: I put my address through for a catalogue when I first got my bike last January, nothing showed. Did it again about April, nothing showed. To my shock and surprise I got the cold kiwi one, which seemed a little thinner than 192 pages. I now realise that the big one comes in september as I read on another post. Theres a whole bunch of crap Ive gotta buy.

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

Re tool !

Hey GDB(for short) can't find Hicksville on map, but suspect you may hail from Helensville, if so I go out toWoodhill at least once a week, am happy to lend you "The Tool", to use or copy.

firefight

Bike
    99 cr125
    This is what ya want....like FireFight said, if ya need to borrow it just let me know
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike
    Ducati 400ss
    Isn't it nice to see all these ZXR 250's. No regrets buying that bike.

Bike
    99 cr125
    Yeh for sure..... the zxr is doing me well until i get my full, currently sitting in the garage unused at the moment though, damn revenue collectors, lose of licence = loss of fun

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    you might have luck if you ask for a C Spanner

Bike

Doh

Why didn't we think of that ?

Bike
    99 cr125
    haha...because it's more fun to talk in code.... but now i know what the tool is called

Bike
    gone
    Hicksville is near plenty of wooded hills, but none near Helensville. Lets see if Horeke means anything to anyone. I thought not. Look for the Hokianga Harbour on the map, then across the water from Kohukohu

Pukekohe aye? In my prebiking days I lived at Puni, Partner taught at Tuakau college. Also lived at Miranda.

Bike

Up north

Oh, yeah I know Kohukohu, I seem to remember an incident with a chainsaw at the pub a few years ago, is that the one ?, I was up there a while back and heard a few good stories about some of the locals, I'll PM you if your interested, not suitable for this forum, anyway it sounds like you got sorted with what you need

cheers firefight

Bike
    gone
    Chainsaw? doesnt ring a bell though wouldnt surprise me round here, can be pretty rough and ready. There was a little armed offenders/stolen guns/homeinvasion caper that went down at our local a couple of weekends ago.

Although Kohukohu is within earshot, it's quite a way by bike so I dont spend much time there. Makes a good little loop though. Home > Mungamuka > Kohukohu > ferry to Rawene > Kaikohe > Okaihau > Home.

Thread Information