Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh oh! Trademe balls up!

Bike
    '91 XT600

Uh oh! Trademe balls up!

What've I done?! Last night after a few bevvies I bid on a bike on TM to see how close to the reserve it was and I now appear to have purchased the bike! Sight unseen! It's in Auckland and I'm 450km away! The price is OK, condition looks OK from the photos, but I'll have to spend $300 to get the damn thing sent down! Then to add insult to injury I found out about a similar bike with less Ks for the same price as it'll cost me to get the one that I've won, but it's closer to home! Anyone got any cunning "get out of Trademe auction purchase" trix? Otherwise I'll have to risk it and wear the consequence of my stupid mouse click!

Bike
    '01 Yamaha YZFR6
    Blog Entries
    I use trademe all of the time. The common thing, and most obvious, is to not say anything. Don't return any emails. If Trademe run around asking questions say that yuor email system shut down. The poor bugger will relist the bike and woohoo it's all done.

Just be a cock, that's what they all do these days.

THE FOUR RULES OF EXPLORING THIS AMAZING COUNTRY OF NZ
    RIDE SAFE, RIDE HARD, RIDE FREE

and try not sound so route 51 american brudda

Bike
    Undecided
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    What've I done?! Last night after a few bevvies I bid on a bike on TM to see how close to the reserve it was and I now appear to have purchased the bike! Sight unseen! It's in Auckland and I'm 450km away! The price is OK, condition looks OK from the photos, but I'll have to spend $300 to get the damn thing sent down! Then to add insult to injury I found out about a similar bike with less Ks for the same price as it'll cost me to get the one that I've won, but it's closer to home! Anyone got any cunning "get out of Trademe auction purchase" trix? Otherwise I'll have to risk it and wear the consequence of my stupid mouse click!
    Plan A:
    Blame your kid... Or your wife... Or just never use Trademe again.. Or just create another user name...

Plan B:
    Refer to the first part of plane A...

Bike
    Undecided
    Quote Originally Posted by StClingin View Post
    I use trademe all of the time. The common thing, and most obvious, is to not say anything. Don't return any emails. If Trademe run around asking questions say that yuor email system shut down. The poor bugger will relist the bike and woohoo it's all done.

Just be a cock, that's what they all do these days.
    On the money.. Worst that can happen is you have to pay a relist fee for him. Whats that? $50.00?

Or just be honest.

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    Why not post the link here so KB'ers can have a look and let you know how the bike looks, somebody may even know the bike or be able to help with delivery??

Bike
    A few
    What've I done?! Last night after a few bevvies I bid on a bike on TM :
    What was the bike ya bid on ?
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    Sack up and follow through on your obligations. It's not like the seller did anything wrong to deserve the treatment advocated by some here.
    Sleep is for the weak.

Bike
    '91 XT600
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    What was the bike ya bid on ?
    Honda Spada (or Spade as I prefer to call it...) $2700

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Sack up and follow through on your obligations. It's not like the seller did anything wrong to deserve the treatment advocated by some here.
    True. Just own up.

Bike
    A few
    Honda Spada (or Spade as I prefer to call it...) $2700
    Sorry can't help ya out of that one lol not a bad looking bike though (googled it) Like the guys said you could get someone to check it out for ya and if its all good, cool ! If not just reneg and put up with the bad rep !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Undecided
    Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    He did ask about ways to get out of it...

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    might want to get some boot polish with all that tyre kicking.

I say you already brought it. If you want quit it now give the guy his money and list it on trademe. Trademe is bad enough without people avocating deals turning to shit.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Either suck it up and buy it, or be honest with the seller. He can get a refund from Trademe, but only if he asks quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    the one and only Gixer 1000
    yep ya bid on it ya own it..... follow through on the deal... ya may have turned away a legitimate buyer by your click, so in my eyes ya own it..

Bike
    '91 XT600
    Honesty? Trademe?! Now there's a concept...

Had actually thought of that one meself, will ring the chap tomorrow, fess up and see what he says. Keep 'em coming, guys.

Thread Information