Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: DR750/800 owners and those interested

Bike
    2004 KTM 950S Adventure

eek Repent

The 11th commandment reads " thou shalt ride a ktm twin into the battle with the Phillistines, no big single shall thoult ride , for if thou do so thou shall be overtaken in the battle and bring disrepute on the people of Israel "

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    Never ever heard of them, did I read it right, an 800cc single, jeez that must spit some gravel out the back. Nice.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyboy View Post
    The 11th commandment reads " thou shalt ride a ktm twin into the battle with the Phillistines, no big single shall thoult ride , for if thou do so thou shall be overtaken in the battle and bring disrepute on the people of Israel "
    Piss off..... heathen

Bike
    Small Mercies
    I boought a new one, Orange in 1989 to replace my Tenere, had it trashed not long after not my fault but remember it with fondness. RIP

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    what size chain are you guys useing?, i'm useing 520 but ive snapped the joiner
    twice in the last 2 weeks. the first time was on the old chain the second time on a brand new. fuck knows why, i'm thinking maybe going to 525 for some more strength, both times it happened on the open road.
    any ideas?
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    F800GS
    BUggered if I know what sort of chain I got, it's a long bugger though.
    I'm guessing your sprokets are all good.
    Manual says "daido d.i.d. 520vl.2, 116 links" is the correct chain.
    I've never had any probs with mine, "touch wood"

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    the only thing different on mine would be the rear wheel, its of a honda(dont ask me why) so i'm wondering if it because it hasnt got the rubber bushing like the suzuki hubs and its jarring the chain, but if that were the case then wouldn't other none suzukis be breaking chains aswell. maybe it's just one of those things.
    fuck then half hour after fixing that the frigging thing breaks down- looks like the fuel line from the pump to carb(maybe) has come loose as gas is pissing down from the back of the carb area.lucky i was close to my job so i left it at work and got the missis to pick me up and all this on the way back from my first ADV ride with the beast----- fuck it was goooood-----

Bike
    F800GS
    seems odd it doesnt have a rubber bush,surely one could be stuck in there somehow, you really need to ditch that honda(spit spit) part.
    Fuel probs too, you really are having a bad run

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    was all good till i started homeward even dropped it( low speed 1st gear) maybe she just wasn't ready to go home.
    i'll have to put up with the honda rear till i can find one of a DRBIG, do you know of any getting wrecked?

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post
    was all good till i started homeward even dropped it( low speed 1st gear) maybe she just wasn't ready to go home.
    i'll have to put up with the honda rear till i can find one of a DRBIG, do you know of any getting wrecked?
    don't know of any gettin wrecked, Arrowrider had the idea of seein if a dr650 swingarm would fit then you get a disc rear, with a few other mods.
    You wouldn't want to drop em to often, they're a heavy beast to pick up (personal experience)

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    don't know of any gettin wrecked, Arrowrider had the idea of seein if a dr650 swingarm would fit then you get a disc rear, with a few other mods.
    You wouldn't want to drop em to often, they're a heavy beast to pick up (personal experience)
    pulled a bloody muscle lifting the bugger- the 20+ litres of fuel didnt help,
    the 650 swing arm sounds good, i would love a disc on the back the old drum brake is absolutely shite.

Bike
    F800GS
    Just fired off an e-mail to Hessler Rally, see if they've got anything, be prepared to open your wallet wide if they have

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    wallet whats that.
    i gave mine to the bank when i got the loan for the BIG

Bike
    F800GS

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Just had a look at that link. The DR750 hub looks very very similar to the DR650 rear hub (well the cush drive side anyway). Might be worth investigating?? (I know that the DR650 is disk vs the DR750 being drum but with a little bit of allow and a tig welder this may be able to be sorted without the swing arm change????

Also Dino - might be worth checking that the chain/sprockets are inline. If they are not the chain will be given a very hard time as any (serious) misalignment will mean most of the driving load is down one side of the chain. Interestingly a 525 chain is specified for the DR650 and yet the XTZ750 (70kgs more and 33ish hp more) has a 520 specified for it. I can understand the XTZ750 with the 520 to and extent as the power pulses are smaller and closer together (it is a 180 degree crank twin) hence smother power but a DR750/800 with intermittent great big lumps of power with a 520 seems a little strange???

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Thread Information