Page 5 of 516 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Nelson Rideouts - Where next?

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    The price for a complete crank assembly may not be much more...
    Well spotted that man; approx. US$135 extra.

Nearly a quarter of the price is a "gasket kit" but I'm buggered if I can tell what's in it or why it is so expensive, the individual gaskets I can see are about $30.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Well boys how did it go? I ended up doing a few jobs on the house that have been waiting for 3 years then went over the Maungatapu about 2pm. Found some snow at the repeater station

Going down the other side was nearly taken out by a bunch of MXers. Ever one of them was on the wrong side of the road going around blind corners

How was French Pass? Any French left there?

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki KLX250S
    Padmei - yep, the klx is road legal. One of the reasons I got it. Plan on doing about 75% off road, but still want to be able to shoot into town etc when need to. Great bike so far!
    As I'm pretty slightly built, I didn't want anything too bulky/heavy either.
    Did a lot of 'research' on the net prior to buying it. Only read a couple of complaints which were either minor cosmetic things, or guys wanting a tad more power which is easily fixed in required.
    Cheap too, as opposed to other similar bikes and more features than most in it's class. The other option was the new Yammy WR, but costs another $4,000-odd!

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Yeah the Yammys are more expensive. My mate bought a cfr250r which is great bike but we can't ride anywhere that requires going on the road. I think the KLX is the ticket.

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    My mate bought a cfr250r which is great bike but we can't ride anywhere that requires going on the road.
    He should have bought the CRF-X.

PS Maungatapu was fun yesterday! Did anyone see the signs of the 'off' heading to NSN, up the top above the first climb up from the ford? Sharp right-hander after a more open series of slight bends. Big skid heading off the road, pointing at a small tree that looks like it is half pushed over, with about 1m of bark scraped off it.
    Cheers,
    Colin

All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    Agent Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
    Did anyone see the signs of the 'off' heading to NSN, up the top above the first climb up from the ford? Sharp right-hander after a more open series of slight bends. Big skid heading off the road, pointing at a small tree that looks like it is half pushed over, with about 1m of bark scraped off it.
    So how hard was it to haul the 160kg KTM back up onto the track?

Bike
    10 HUSQ TE310, 06 HONDA HORNET 900
    lol a bugga

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFrog View Post
    ha ha... not guilty, I'm just an innocent onlooker. There's was quite a bit of disturbed underbrush so they certainly had a bit of a struggle.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFrog View Post
    Would have been harder than picking one up out of the watertable on the outside of a sealed corner

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Slideshow of the French Pass ride...

Bike
    Agent Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Would have been harder than picking one up out of the watertable on the outside of a sealed corner
    Nordie, put down the camera and come help push, you asswipe!

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Any of you fullas done the route between Elaine bay and Penzance Bay? I'm not talking about the walking track around the foreshore but the 4wd track that follows the power line over the hills? I've not but heard of a guy who took a 4x4 over it. Might be worth exploring one day.

Cheers R

Edit - This track
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    91 R80GS
    looks good Nordie well done boys

Bike
    F800GS
    Damn, we live in a nice part of the country aye

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Jatz Was that you riding the bluey bike going around the waterfront yesterday?

We want to see pics!!

Nordie I'm sure if you advertised the training session & got a few old hands as mentors there would be a lot of interest. Bike setup etc could be covered too perhaps?

Thread Information