Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AUT: New motorcycle parking

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Update for the new semester - there are a lot of new riders - so if you are one please read the rules below.

Be aware that I have already noted cases of stupid and selfish parking. I am posting notes on bikes but not everyone will get one. Please ask people to be sensible so we can keep this facility.

Be aware of (bump old post):

I would like to remind people that we lost the right to park outside the WF building (business school) because certain users could not park sensibly.

Please follow these simple rules and also let others know that there are some simple things that we can do to keep this facility active:

- do not park over the entrance points
    [if the park is full then you may have to look elsewhere to park - better than being silly]

- do not park as to obstruct other bikes ability to leave

- if you park in the "middle" areas form straight not angled lines

Any questions about this facility in the first instance we be PM'd to me. I have spoken with several riders about what is expected, and may post flyers on bikes. This facility is provided by the favour of AUT and is not a right, and is not a general public park.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Best blast soundtrack:Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
    Best sunny ride: Runnin' down a dream (Tom Petty)
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Just an update that work on the development of this facility is still in discussion, and things will progress.

For now, do follow the rules and let anyone new know about expected behviour.

If I see any rider riding OUT of the 'in' entrances this could lead to an instant ban on using the carpark. Please be sensible.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Yep, another new Semester and we are at peak capacity already again. So please do read my above posts. We are still negotitating top get some proper lines made, but until then I will advise people in person and by "ticket" of the rules and sensible behaviour.
    Please do pass these rules onto other riders.
    Any questions ask here or my e-mail is on the tickets I leave on bikes should you fail to park sensibly.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Almost all of them ;)
    I'm thinking as well as marked parks the St Pauls street carpark actually could do with some of these rules posted on the walls. I've had some rather nasty scooter riders flip me off when I've approached them about tidying up their parking the last couple of weeks.
    It's pretty damn crazy there at the moment with half the parks from the library unavailable due to construction work on Lorne Street.

Bike
    Ducati 944

Good news - marking

Hi all, well the good news - this week I worked with our contractors and overall project owner in setting out marking for the facility.

Marking will happen this weekend, so please remove your bikes if you can.

I read with some sadness the post above this, as I myself have thought things were going fairly well so far this year with people behaving well on the whole.

Be clear - this is for AUT staff and students only.

Be clear - I have the right to exclude or remove bikes from the car park (the carpark is owned by AUT and only operated by Wilson on our behalf)

If people are abusing his facility or flipping anyone the bird please pm me their licence plate number.

On a more positive note many of you tell me the park is a success.

But do tell AUT too - we are spending big money or providing it and marking it out so it is important that these sustainable transport options are supported.

I may have more good news coming up soon, but in the meantime thanks for everyone in helping me "train" riders without clear signage. That too is coming.

Keep safe,
    90s
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Ducati 944
    OK contractors did not do it last weekend, but should do it this one ... soon anyway.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by 90s View Post
    OK contractors did not do it last weekend, but should do it this one ... soon anyway.
    OK, most of the work has been done, but the job could not be completed because some people did not remove their bikes over the weekend as requested.
    Please remove your bike for the Saturday when the work is completed - this is in your interest.
    Also we are removing the wooden beams, which will make more sense of the way in which the markings were laid. You are still meant to park at a 90 degree angle to walls.

So - a big step forward but please make it easier for us to complete the work by not parking there when any signs request this.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Work will be completed THIS SATURDAY MORNING - 21 MAY.
    No parking will be allowed in this time, so make sure your bike is removed or IT COULD BE REMOVED AND ANY CHAINS REMOVED.

If you leave your chain attached to the wooden beams THEY ARE BEING REMOVED so take them away now.

Finally although this should be common sense, it will be clearly marked that there is to be no parking near the fire door exit. Anyone parks near the lift doors / fire exit and I WILL HAVE THEIR BIKES REMOVED and they will be BANNED. I checked and it is a serious offence to block access towards the fire exit and this behaviour places our bike park at risk.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Almost all of them ;)
    The last week with the preliminary painted parking spaces was great, few people can't quite park well still (which lets face it, aint gonna change) but I found it was generally MUCH easier to park and find a space. Looking forward to seeing the finished result on Monday.
    Nice work all involved!
    It wasn't me officer, I swear!

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Great - now finally completed there is loads of space around the bikes for their and pedestrian safety. Fire door area is clearly marked no parking.
    The deal is if you cannot park within the clearly marked areas you must find a park elsewhere. I ask you all to respect this as we got the new investment in marking having respected the rules. There may be further investment in this scheme if we continue to use the facility sensibly. Soon signs will be up reminding everyone that this is for AUT Staff and Students only.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    2008 Suzuki VL250
    I've started parking at the AUT park. It's a really nice place, actually. When I can't get a place, I just go to the Civic carpark. Only a couple of minutes from WT tower to the underground entrances.

Bike
    2010 Predator
    Here ya go........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0683.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	751.4 KB 
ID:	244893  

Bike
    '91 Suzuki Katana 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooky View Post
    Here ya go........
    Where's this?

Bike
    ZZR250, VTR, Bros
    hey I'm new to AUT and was wondering if we needed a sticker or anything on our bikes are anything to show that I'm at aut?

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousD View Post
    hey I'm new to AUT and was wondering if we needed a sticker or anything on our bikes are anything to show that I'm at aut?
    I have never used one while parking there and had no issues last year. Just make sure you park in the motorbike area and you will be fine.

Thread Information