Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AUT: New motorcycle parking

Bike
    ZZR250, VTR, Bros
    sweet was in there on wednesday, am very impressed. it was really well set up and will look forward to using it for the next three years

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousD View Post
    hey I'm new to AUT and was wondering if we needed a sticker or anything on our bikes are anything to show that I'm at aut?
    No, not at the current time. As are many other things a registration scheme is under consideration, and will be more likely if people abuse the bike park. You will hear any changes here first.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Best blast soundtrack:Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
    Best sunny ride: Runnin' down a dream (Tom Petty)
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Just came across this now. Fantastic news guys.
    As Alumni you guys have made me proud of AUT again.

I wonder if 'old man winter' still drives a Daihatsu Charade? Or did he finally retire at 150 years old?
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    send the thanks from the bikers eh! good on AUT, thats brilliant.

Otago uni just lets us park on campus where we want and doesnt kick up a fuss or charge us, and it seems to be free in Dunedin town too, there are designated m/cycle spots and no mention of paying.

loove it

Bike
    A fast one
    Just a heads up, saw a council guy today checking plates/regos on the bikes that park outside by the carpark entrance. Not sure if he went inside the building or not.

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Just a heads up, saw a council guy today checking plates/regos on the bikes that park outside by the carpark entrance. Not sure if he went inside the building or not.
    The traffic wardens are almost permamently on St Paul St and will check WOF etc as well. They are very hardline about ticekting illegal parking including bikes so best check you are all up to date and use designated parking only.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Update: we are doing really well but do not risk me banning you from the park by parking outside the marked spaces - and also an instant ban for anyone using the entrance as an exit!

If we managing this facilty responsibly we have more great plans in development, so help me keep this free for all AUT staff and students - cheers
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Hornet 250, VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by 90s View Post
    Update: we are doing really well but do not risk me banning you from the park by parking outside the marked spaces - and also an instant ban for anyone using the entrance as an exit!

If we managing this facilty responsibly we have more great plans in development, so help me keep this free for all AUT staff and students - cheers
    I'm gonna drag up this old post and ask if there is any designated parking for North Shore campus?

I'm heading up this week and I can't find any info on bike parks at the north shore campus.

Bike
    NOS induced ninja ex250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTengTheory View Post
    I'm gonna drag up this old post and ask if there is any designated parking for North Shore campus?

I'm heading up this week and I can't find any info on bike parks at the north shore campus.
    Yep, theres a little space in the carpark for bikes. Not sure if its free or not but its pretty alright. Anyone know the closest lockers and changing rooms to the bike park?? Make it easy to get changed before uni

Bike
    Hornet 250, VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam_NZ View Post
    Yep, theres a little space in the carpark for bikes. Not sure if its free or not but its pretty alright. Anyone know the closest lockers and changing rooms to the bike park?? Make it easy to get changed before uni
    Haven't seen any lockers but I think the gym is the closest facility with changing rooms. Luckily live close enough to walk for me

Bike
    Ducati 944

2013 update

Hi all,
    For those finding this thread for the first time we are still operatiing the WL St Paul St Wilson Car Park bike park.

For the new semester a reminder to existing and new staff and students to -

1) park only in the marked boxes
    2) only leave by the official exit - anyone driving out the 'in' door will be banned on the spot
    3) be respectful to pedestrians and keep the speed down in the park
    4) chains etc may be cut and removed if they are impeding on the parking spaces, outside the boxes etc

We have new facilities under development, again based on the success and good management of this park. Do not jeopardise this!

Ride safe,

90s
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    VFR
    Heya 90s,

I've been working at AUT awhile but haven't noticed people still in this thread.

Do you guys keep an eye/remove people who park their bikes in there permanently? There are quite a few bikes in the bike parking section who seem to have made that their permanent home. Would hate to see the rest of us suffer because of a few wombles who abuse it.

Bike
    NOS induced ninja ex250
    Blog Entries
    Hey, anyone that bikes to AUT northshore? Just wondering if you guys use lockers or what to store your gear???? I have nothing in the way of top box and am biking in tommorrow??

Let me know if you know what i want to know so i know

Bike
    2006 Yamah Jog
    I got a warning today as I regularly use the AUT Carpark for my scooter, apparently I didn't park in the marked areas. I was well within the lines. Simon Mowatt needs a set of glasses.

Bike
    A fast one
    It has been really bad in there and along St Paul Street the last few days. Monday was horrible, there were bikes everywhere, an R6 was parked horizontally blocking in 5 bikes/scooters.

Hopefully when the colder weather comes people will stop riding into uni everyday; means more parking spaces for me

Thread Information