Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riding gear, specifically pants

Bike
    2000 BMW650GS
    I'm with the other Orina wearers. My gear is getting on, but has been totally reliable. Naturally it gets hot in the summer, but not too bad. Certainly not as bad as you're suggesting for the gear you've got. I also bought a second pair of trou, called Neo. Cheap and cheerful they are, but very waterproof and with zip out liners. Because they were cheap I expected crap, but so far they've proven to be good value. On really hot days they get sweaty, but what doesn't?
    It's a hard road boy.......so try not to land on it.

Bike
    18 Street Triple RS, 18 Aprilia Tuono RR
    We love our Dragin jeans $199 at moment i think. Yet to test them on road surface but way better than jeans and they dont look Wanky walking around town.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Pants.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    18 Street Triple RS, 18 Aprilia Tuono RR
    RD1 farm supply stores also stock Outback oilskin/japara vests and leggings. We got our sets for $140 for both. Leggings fold up smallish and are easy to put on and off. Way cheaper than bike shops!

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusti
    We love our Dragin jeans $199 at moment i think. Yet to test them on road surface but way better than jeans and they dont look Wanky walking around town.
    I am considering getting Dragin jeans for summer/urban riding. Anyone else had good/bad experience with them??

I have an RJays textile suit which was cheap but I am not unhappy with it. Hasnt leaked yet and is reasonably comfortable but the pants are a bit hot & sticky at this time of year.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    The only thing with Draggin Jeans is there is no impact armour...

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasman
    I also bought a second pair of trou, called Neo. Cheap and cheerful they are...
    That reminds me.

When I was getting my new tyres on at Mt Eden MC recently, their dastardly strategy of taking longer than I thought they would bore fruit when I got bored and decided that a properly armoured (or at least with any armour whatsoever) pair of summer glubs would be a good idea, since my old Teknics are a bit too light for protective comfort.

I bought a 'Neo' brand pair for $79, leather with extra layers in the usual slidey places and hard plastic knuckle and finger joint armour.

Pretty damn good for the price, I reckon.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Thread Information