Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion on Mentor Programme

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Thanks for that Jantar.

I missed that in the first reading. I'm also somewhat reassured by the fact that it's the first item on that list.

You missed the most important point and the first item on the list. What hope is there?

Proof positive that Hanlon knew his shit.

Still the important thing is you are now somewhat reassured and we can all sleep easy tonight as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post

I laugh now that one person is running it, putting the original concept to shame and who suffers? ...the new riders going along.
    You do realise, with that choice of words, you're conceding that the new scheme is better than the old one, don't you?

Bike
    nothing :(
    You ladies want a real mentor? ......... go to the track motott.co.nz is a good place to start and get yourself booked in

Then on the day talk to the fellows with the orange vests.

1. You will learn how to corner
    2. You will learn to deal with speed
    3. You might get hooked ... so be warned
    Second is the fastest loser

"It is better to have ridden & crashed than never to have ridden at all" by Bruce Bennett

DB is the new Porridge. Cause most of the mods must be sucking his cock ..... Or his giving them some oral help? How else can you explain it?

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma51 View Post
    You ladies want a real mentor? ......... go to the track motott.co.nz is a good place to start and get yourself booked in

Not everyone wants that. A lot here just want to ride from home to work and back, safely and happily.

But yes, I see where you're coming from. RRRS and GiJoe's 250 rides should sort most newbies out.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N

What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Not everyone wants that. A lot here just want to ride from home to work and back, safely and happily.
    Bike-handling skills learned at trackdays apply every minute that one is riding.

Regarding attitudes, to be honest, I think that attitudes are what they are, and can't be fixed. Idiots will always be idiots. It's not so much about 'attitude', IMHO, as it is about ability to work out consequences.

Motorcycles are and have always been an culling mechanism for stupid young men. Darwin at his finest. And so it shall continue to be. The do-gooder 'mentors' on this forum will prance around and pat themselves on the back and get little tingles up and down their spines from their new social status, and young men will continue to die messily on the road.

And sometimes it won't just be stupid people; sometimes smart riders will get fucked up by other road users for no good reason.

And, frankly?

I have difficulty giving a fuck. Really I do.

The world is a violent, ugly place, and the travails of a bunch of pampered middle-class folk in a wealthy country in the middle of nowhere who put themselves in danger on their expensive mechanical toys just don't impress me as being anywhere near the top of the philosophical priority list.

I'd rather just skin up and read a good book than waste my time worrying about that shit. Or maybe go for a ride. Alone.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Personally, I suspect that this scheme is primarily driven by people with a desire, conscious or otherwise, for social status.

The do-gooder 'mentors' on this forum will prance around and pat themselves on the back and get little tingles up and down their spines from their new social status,
    No bites the first time aye?
    You're loosing it there Dan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    No bites the first time aye?
    You're loosing it there Dan.
    But I was for reals.
    - mikey

Bike
    justsomebike
    Bike-handling skills learned at trackdays apply every minute that one is riding.

Regarding attitudes, to be honest, I think that attitudes are what they are, and can't be fixed. Idiots will always be idiots. It's not so much about 'attitude', IMHO, as it is about ability to work out consequences.
    Yes, but Mr. Commuter doesn't want to pay $200+ for a trackday. He just wants to rock up to the local station go for a ride around the countryside, have a beer and go home. That is who this circus seeks to entertain.

I too don't give a flying fazoozas.

Anyway as you were... off to get world peace or whatever is on top of your agenda - just make sure you wear your underwear outside your pants and that your cape matches your boots.

.... and and and go to sleep or I'll tell ya mama that Jrandom is up past his bedtime again and she will ground you with no interdweebnet access.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    I have difficulty giving a fuck. Really I do....
    Yes, but Mr. Commuter doesn't want to pay $200+ for a trackday. He just wants to rock up to the local station go for a ride around the countryside, have a beer and go home. That is who this circus seeks to entertain.

I too don't give a flying fazoozas.
    yah both have said a fair bit for people that don't give a rats arse... (even in the single post from jrandom) heck if i didn't give a toss I wouldn't have even entered the thread.

While track days can help to a degree, as stated, not every one wants to go to a track day... can afford the track day... or should have to travel so far and or whit so long in between the days, weeks or months for a bit of mentoring...

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Yes, but Mr. Commuter doesn't want to pay $200+ for a trackday.
    A MotoTT day is $95, and there are experienced racers and roadriders wearing bright orange vests to jump on the wheel of and follow lines at whatever pace you like (they'll adjust to suit you for a lap or two). Not to mention the likes of Shaun Harris being available to help with bike setup.

I hear what you're saying about inaccessibility, but in terms of skills, one trackday really is worth six weeks of road riding.
    - mikey

Bike
    A few

Bit like a clean drug it is indeed !

What he said.

Motorcycles are and have always been an culling mechanism for stupid young men. Darwin at his finest. And so it shall continue to be. The do-gooder 'mentors' on this forum will prance around and pat themselves on the back and get little tingles up and down their spines from their new social status, and young men will continue to die messily on the road.

And sometimes it won't just be stupid people; sometimes smart riders will get fucked up by other road users for no good reason.

And, frankly?

I have difficulty giving a fuck. Really I do.

The world is a violent, ugly place, and the travails of a bunch of pampered middle-class folk in a wealthy country in the middle of nowhere who put themselves in danger on their expensive mechanical toys just don't impress me as being anywhere near the top of the philosophical priority list.

I'd rather just skin up and read a good book than waste my time worrying about that shit. Or maybe go for a ride. Alone.
    Wow (can i quote that sometime)

A MotoTT day is $95, and there are experienced racers and roadriders wearing bright orange vests to jump on the wheel of and follow lines at whatever pace you like (they'll adjust to suit you for a lap or two). Not to mention the likes of Shaun Harris being available to help with bike setup.

I hear what you're saying about inaccessibility, but in terms of skills, one trackday really is worth six weeks of road riding.
    I'll bring the book !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

maybe

Or your post on KB

I undestand the concept of what is being achieved. What i dont get is the people being nominated (not all of them just some). It clearly has lent it self to a popularity contest.

Hey Logan,

I agree with some of what you say, and can only offer my point of veiw

I don,t Like Frosty and never have, he is on my ignore list and has been for as long as I can remember, but when I added my humble support to his nomination it was be cause of what he has done for kb and its riders, I know that he takes the welfare of other bike riders and their safety serousily.
    and from what I have seen of him he is a good rider, I rode with him in the early days of kb, and even then can recall him helping and offering guidance to newbies.

So from my point of view its not a popularity competion at all , there are many other riders that could offer some good guidance in one way or another I just feel that Frosty has the most to offer and the right attiude to do it.

on a lesser note Logan, and very I am ashamed to admit I have been lent a gxxer by a well meaning (gulible mate) if you want to catch up for a hoon down 22 drop me a pm, would be good to catch up again

F/F
    "Kiwi Biker, still a great place despite the mods "

"Would crawl over broken glass before owning Suzuki"

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefight View Post
    on a lesser note Logan, and very I am ashamed to admit I have been lent a gxxer by a well meaning (gulible mate) if you want to catch up for a hoon down 22 drop me a pm, would be good to catch up again
    F/F
    Thats just sick, man. (He says when he's scheduled to ride one to Nelson next month )

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefight View Post
    Hey Logan,

I agree with some of what you say, and can only offer my point of veiw

I don,t Like Frosty and never have, he is on my ignore list and has been for as long as I can remember, but when I added my humble support to his nomination it was be cause of what he has done for kb and its riders, I know that he takes the welfare of other bike riders and their safety serousily.
    and from what I have seen of him he is a good rider, I rode with him in the early days of kb, and even then can recall him helping and offering guidance to newbies.

So from my point of view its not a popularity competion at all , there are many other riders that could offer some good guidance in one way or another I just feel that Frosty has the most to offer and the right attiude to do it.

F/F
    Logans testicles have regressed into his stomach cavity and as a result does not ride on the road.

Bike
    B12
    The do-gooder 'mentors' on this forum will prance around and pat themselves on the back and get little tingles up and down their spines from their new social status, and young men will continue to die messily on the road.
    thats what its all about eh.

the one person who I have found myself unintentionally being mentored by doesnt force it around that he is a 'mentor'. And he also has the ability to see right through you, in fact, he is the only guy that has ever got right through to me, made me listen, and made me do, and i owe a lot to him, because im still alive.

Im suprised no-one has nominate him yet - Macktheknife, and I wont. True mentors dont do it intentionally and dont have status.

With us young folks, most of us have a problem with authority. Give a mentor 'status' and most of us wont listen
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Thread Information