Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Discussion on Mentor Programme

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post

Late night on-line bitch-fights don't define a person's mentoring ability.
    Thats correct, all that means is, that they should be tucked up in their teeny weeny beddy weddy's'...

Agreed. But it is not the be all and end all.

Its a bit like us as mods, how ever much we say, we are members first and mods second its never gonna be like that. Whatever we say/do is looked differently then a normal user, and we have to watch what/how we say more than others.

Mentors are the same they are being put out there as 'leadership role' and there actions on site should follow that responsibility

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Agreed. But it is not the be all and end all.

No, but not good for the mentor system in general, which could suffer a lack of respect. I know I have none for anyone here who posts like a petulant child, schoolyard bully or braindead moron.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    Its a bit like us as mods, how ever much we say, we are members first and mods second its never gonna be like that. Whatever we say/do is looked differently then a normal user, and we have to watch what/how we say more than others.

Mentors are the same they are being put out there as 'leadership role' and there actions on site should follow that responsibility
    I would agree with that too, If I were to become a Mod then I would be looked at differently, instead of 23% that think im a knob, that would surely rise to at least 24%?...

Bike
    Various

Please don't ever insinuate I'm a leader or in a leadership role. I find that quite offensive.
    To hell with leadership and the responsibility that implies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    B12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Please don't ever insinuate I'm a leader or in a leadership role. I find that quite offensive.
    Indeed. Noel is just a grumpy cnut that knows his shit

and we'd have it no other way
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    'Grumpy' is fine. In fact, he's a great guy...
    'Fuck off knob end' however...he's a different story.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Well having that ME beside your name puts you in a group different than the people who do not have it.

Dictonary.com says meaning of mentor is below
    1. a wise and trusted counselor or teacher.
    2. an influential senior sponsor or supporter.

Kb in a way puts these mentors out so other members of can ask them for help and so on, so this is a putting yourself out in a authoritative way.

Or are you from the school of 'do as i say!, not what i do?' teaching system

Bike

Noel's from the school of This is what to do, and this is why. As am I.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Noel's from the school of This is what to do, and this is why. As am I.
    No he's not. He's from the school of "I am always right, and anyone with a different opinion is a fucktard." There is a huge difference between the wording you use and his arrogant always-right behaviour. At least you are not so nasty about it, but his unbridled rudeness knows no bounds.

Mentors can fucking behave, and if they can't behave, they can at least fess up when they are wrong instead of abusing all and sundry as a defense mechanism.

I can name two Internet forums off the top of my head, where the senior members are there for no other purpose whatsoever, than to get joy from bashing hell out of the newbies who disagree with them.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Me too.

If someone sets out to push my buttons they shouldn't be surprised when I bite back.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    No he's not. He's from the school of "I am always right, and anyone with a different opinion is a fucktard."
    No, just a select few with a different opinons are fucktards. They are not fucktards because they have a different opinion. They are fucktards first and foremost - and just happen to have a different opinion.

That said, I'm not like you. I consider my opinions BEFORE I post them and I enjoy a robust healthy debate. Why voice an opinion if you are not prepared to have it challenged, and if it is challenged surely you should be able to substantiate it - or you're just being a fucktard.
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming
    Well having that ME beside your name puts you in a group different than the people who do not have it.

fuck thats deep Neal, must be a slow day at the P of T,

F/F
    "Kiwi Biker, still a great place despite the mods "

"Would crawl over broken glass before owning Suzuki"

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    Various

Dictonary.com says meaning of mentor is below
    1. a wise and trusted counselor or teacher.
    2. an influential senior sponsor or supporter.

Kb in a way puts these mentors out so other members of can ask them for help and so on, so this is a putting yourself out in a authoritative way.

Well, I don't see leadership mentioned in those definitions.
    But, even if it is implied, we are riding mentors only, not Internet behaviour mentors, duck shooting mentors or any other mentors.

Now ok, this is about to get really fucked up, so stay with me here.

Hell YES I am very much do as I say NOT as I do. We are all different.
    If someone wants to learn how to ride and/or how to stay alive I'll do my best to facilitate that, I hope that makes me a worthy mentor.
    I'm a 100 yrs old and have no dependent kids, my values are different to someone with a young family and a mortgage. To assume do as I do would be to assume I knew better what's best for them (which is a form of leadership which I so despise).

I despise leadership as it implies followship (is that a word?). It's not the leaders who are dangerous, it's the followers. What was Hitler without followers? An angry short man is all. What was Klark without followers? Without drones to do her bidding? Nothing.

We should ALL of us think for ourselves. Listen to opinions, listen to our concience, listen to advice consider our position on a topic and decide for ourselves.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    No, but not good for the mentor system in general, which could suffer a lack of respect. I know I have none for anyone here who posts like a petulant child, schoolyard bully or braindead moron.

You're really fond of that little :Me after your name, aren't you.

Does it make you feel important?

Thread Information