Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ Police public image

Bike
    El Bandito Negro
    I'm gonna open a bag of worms here... and some of it may not make sense... I'll edit it if it doesn't.

I think a few police have lost focus and are giving the rest a bad name... The need to look out for the public to have the public look out for them in times of need. I know they're doing us a favour by catching us accidentally speeding by ten km/h, but they're letting off the drunk people in Dunedin who you see clutching a bottle while getting into the driver's seat outside a pub. A bit of attitude adjustment is in order, but we also need to adjust our own attitude. They are doing thier job, and the rules are there to keep us safe. Don't give them a chance with the trivial matters and they'll have to move on to do the important stuff...

The media has also blown up some mistakes which would normally appear pretty minor. These have led to a few big flamewars on the forums too.

On the other hand, as bikers we are a minority group, with a few giving the rest of us a bad name (bike gangs, drug running etc?). We need to do something to help give us a positive image. A string of "Biker heros at mall" headlines would be great for our image, especially with a little false modisty (oh we're all part of the motorcycling clan / human race / everyday joes etc)

Bike
    Guzzi
    I can remember some years ago after coming out of the dentist walking into a scuffle that looked like some plain clothes police officers were getting done. I went to their aid and one of them told me to 'fuck off' in no uncertain terms.
    On a different note I was in the 'area' on New Years day when, can't remeber her name but the girl, that was murdered from Ashburton. I was salmon fishing on the Rakia river. Subsequently went along to the Police station so that I could be 'eliminated' from the enquiry. I'll never do that again. Mr plod treated me as a 'suspect' and not as a member of the public helping with police enquiries. I know that these two incedents are not related but on both occasions I thought I was doing the right thing. All I got for my trouble was contempt and rudeness. Now would I go and help a police officer if they were getting the shit kicked out of them? Yes I would. This has nothing do do with road patrols speeding tickets, late for turning up to a breakins or other personal likes or dislikes about indavidual police officers. If you can assist the police in anyway then do so.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Yea

Quote Originally Posted by thehollowmen
    I'm gonna open a bag of worms here... and some of it may not make sense... I'll edit it if it doesn't.

I think a few police have lost focus and are giving the rest a bad name... The need to look out for the public to have the public look out for them in times of need. I know they're doing us a favour by catching us accidentally speeding by ten km/h, but they're letting off the drunk people in Dunedin who you see clutching a bottle while getting into the driver's seat outside a pub. A bit of attitude adjustment is in order, but we also need to adjust our own attitude. They are doing thier job, and the rules are there to keep us safe. Don't give them a chance with the trivial matters and they'll have to move on to do the important stuff...

The media has also blown up some mistakes which would normally appear pretty minor. These have led to a few big flamewars on the forums too.

On the other hand, as bikers we are a minority group, with a few giving the rest of us a bad name (bike gangs, drug running etc?). We need to do something to help give us a positive image. A string of "Biker heros at mall" headlines would be great for our image, especially with a little false modisty (oh we're all part of the motorcycling clan / human race / everyday joes etc)
    Yea they do a great job, generally. But I believe they need a wee sort out along with more coppers employed also. Oh and I agree StoneChucker
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda
    That earns a rep point for helping the elderly. Yep they are quick to complain about other but not interested in looking at themselves
    2 EDGE SWORD AS WELL THE OLD GUY NEXT TO ME THAT I GAVE MY NUMBER TOO IS HOME ALL DAY JUST LOOKING OUT HIS WINDOW, SO WHO BETTER TO WATCH MY HOUSE DURING THE DAY, SOMETIMES WHEN I GET HOME HE TELLS ME WHO'S BEEN VISITING ME, NO ONE SHOULD EVER ASUME OLD PEOPLE ARE VACANT THIS OLD MAN IS AS SHARP AS A TACK

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    [COLOR=DarkRed]However the Police are the first to whine if they get assaulted???
    Note to the Police. Sort yer shite attitudes out. You will recieve respect once it is earnt, but as of yet you aint earnt ANY!!!!
    Once you've worked as a cop you might realise that they get assaulted almost every day. Untill you have your opinions have little to no basis.

You are not an expert in the good attitude department and as far as I'm concerned are in absolutely no position to preach.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    I have serious doubts regarding that comment, but I would try to help in a non violent way. The only law I am aware of that says you can assault someone is if they are attempting suicide, then you can use any force required to stop the person
    Showing your ignorance again Honda.

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Yeah some people's attitudes here are appauling, although some are definately warranted.

In the end its a person getting assaulted and of course I would stand in and try to defend the cop. What goes around comes around.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Firefight,

It is section 53 of the Police Act 1958 that you have posted from. Its an oldie but a goodie.

I've never charged anyone or had reason to charge anyone under that section but then I've never met WINJA, Honda or R1AaronKDX in person.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Man you guys are fucked if you think we can operate without the police.
    Yes they are inefficent, but they are still there.
    Dont blame the force, blame the system - cops arent robots.
    Infact fuck you guys who think cops are all wankers, some of them are ok guys/girls. Id rather pay a cop, then a bum who cant be bothered getting a job, a crim in prison or some bludger who will claim for 'back pain' while on holiday in Fiji.
    1000's of people in NZ who do fuck all for NZ, and you want to bitch about some cop who caught u breaking the law.
    Ive been in plenty of situations where cops have done a no show, but as i said before its the systems fault.
    And if i saw a cop in a fight gettin kickd, i would jump in to help em out - thats some one brother/sister guys
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k14
    Yeah some people's attitudes here are appauling, although some are definately warranted.

In the end its a person getting assaulted and of course I would stand in and try to defend the cop. What goes around comes around.
    I'm just a chicken-shit weed, so I'd help from the sidelines. No matter what.

Bike
    ninja 250
    LOL, I blame the media, the story headlines as Police woman BASHED, FFS bashed, huh? it has a photo of her with a black eye, she must have worn one while apprehending someone in a struggle and got clouted in the face, hardly the same as getting BASHED, is it? What ever happened to getting punched? Doesnt seem to happen these days, its bashed instead....
    The article points the finger at 4 workmen sitting approx 10 ft from where the altercation took place, saying they didnt go to help, but it was probably over before it began. Mountain, molehill.....

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka
    Firefight,

It is section 53 of the Police Act 1958 that you have posted from. Its an oldie but a goodie.

I've never charged anyone or had reason to charge anyone under that section but then I've never met WINJA, Honda or R1AaronKDX in person.
    I WOULDNT HELP YOU , INFACT ID LAUGH IF YOU WERE GETTING A BEATING. BUT IF YOUR WIFE HAD A FLAT TYRE ID CHANGE IT FOR HER , AND IF YOUR CHILD WAS GETTING A BEATING I WOULD HELP HIM, BUT I WOULD NEVER EVER HELP A PIG , ID RATHER GET A $500 FINE.

Quote Originally Posted by WINJA
    I WOULDNT HELP YOU , INFACT ID LAUGH IF YOU WERE GETTING A BEATING. BUT IF YOUR WIFE HAD A FLAT TYRE ID CHANGE IT FOR HER , AND IF YOUR CHILD WAS GETTING A BEATING I WOULD HELP HIM, BUT I WOULD NEVER EVER HELP A PIG , ID RATHER GET A $500 FINE.
    At times Winja I wonder if you have one brain cell in your head... at first I thought maybe you just had no clue, but I am starting to realise you are just a wanker fully aware of what he is doing... Police are just people doing a job, yes some do it better than others... but holy shit man, think before you speak!

Bike
    justsomebike

Picture

There's a pic here if you wish to put a face to the name:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3156944a11,00.html

To those who know a little more about the issue -- what was the other male police officer doing? Who was he handling? There were four people right? So this ladycop must have been quite properly owerpowered to get bashed that well.

What happened to the bloke?

And hey - 2 "coppers" versus 4 "drunks"?

I once saw a 5'6 70 kilo security guard take on three over 6 foot at least 90+kg guys and win - in 2 minutes... inspite being slammed into a wall repeatedly. I later found out that this fella had "martial arts" training..... he basically choked them one by one into breatlessness and had them sitting on the floor completely exhausted.

Now come on!!! aren't coppers supposed to know how to handle themselves???:cool2:

And handling a situation does include the fact that if you think that you can't handle it - YOU CALL FOR BACK UP - and just monitor the situation till then.

VERY STUPID POLICEWORK.

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni
    At times Winja I wonder if you have one brain cell in your head... at first I thought maybe you just had no clue, but I am starting to realise you are just a wanker fully aware of what he is doing... Police are just people doing a job, yes some do it better than others... but holy shit man, think before you speak!
    I AM AWARE OF WHAT IM DOING MAYBE IVE SEEN AND DONE MORE THAN YOU, YOU MAY HAVE NO FUCKIN IDEA ABOUT WHAT IVE SEEN.IM SICK OF POLICE INCOMPETENCE I WANT WHAT I PAID FOR. I BLAME THE INDIVIDUAL COP FOR THEIR ACTIONS NOT POLICY. E.G. I WAS ASKED TO DO SOMETHING IMMORAL TO A CUSTOMER BY MY EMPLOYER, I WAS WILLING TO GET FIRED RATHER THAN TO CARRY OUT THE ORDER , PIGS CAN DO THE SAME.
    SO JONI GET BACK TO THE KITCHEN WHERE YOU BELONG

Thread Information