Thread: Gas Gas Pampera 250 - Enduro/Trials/Fun

Bike
    CRF250L Rally

Gas Gas Pampera 250 - Enduro/Trials/Fun

Time to sell the Pamp...

Cycle World says: "Gas Gas manufactures trials and enduro bikes, so why not combine the best of the two? Which explains the Pampera, a bike with the seating and ergonomics of a trailbike and the torque-intensive, stump-pulling torque of a trials bike. With its 2.5-gallon tank and miserly fuel mileage, it’s the perfect machine for off-road explorations and general mess-around trail riding."

This is a great fun bike - very light (under 100kg), road registered so you can get your licence and ride it to work too.

Read a NZ review here: http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg02150.html

This one is standard apart from a TrailTech speedo - so km are just a guess but motor goes great and hasn't done a lot of work (I'm the third owner and have only done about 20 hours, from what he said the second owner did about 5 trail rides on it, not sure about first but I know he had a shed full of bikes so probably not a lot of use either). Warrant is 12 monthly and expires in December as does Rego. Tyres are still good and got a new pair of Kenda dual purpose tyres for it I can throw in as a sweetener. Want to get close as I can to $4k but open to offers.

I'm not really looking like being able to use it for what it's best at, and have bought a bike for adventure riding.

PM me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hamish on Gas Gas 003.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	104583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC020085.JPG 
Views:	1507 
Size:	460.1 KB 
ID:	104584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC020095.JPG 
Views:	379 
Size:	394.1 KB 
ID:	104585  
    Last edited by CRM; 15th October 2008 at 09:35. Reason: Updating details

Bike
    CRF250L Rally

Swaps for the Pampera

Keen to get a reasonably late model 650ish Adventure bike - DR, KLR, XT, Transalp, Dakar etc so anyone interested in a swap for the Pampera I would be keen to talk. I would be looking at up to $2000 difference in price.
    Great to have both but space, money etc...you know how it goes

Bike
    Triumph Scrambler
    Got a tidyish 03 DR650, probably need about $1500 difference.
    Whay don't people keep these things?
    What's wrong with them?
    Gunna bin anDunnit

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Got a tidyish 03 DR650, probably need about $1500 difference.
    Whay don't people keep these things?
    What's wrong with them?
    There's nothing wrong with them except there's not enough of them around. They are a unique bike that really need their own club so you could do enduro-trail-adventure-trial rides and comps. You also need a good place to ride them. While they will go anywhere the best is really tight interesting exploration trails that are a frustration to MX or heavier adventure bikes. They also haven't got huge tank capacity or carrying capacity so they are limited to rides not too far away from base.

Unfortunately there's no-one else I know who is into that sort of riding and it's not the sort of thing you want to do it on my own so I'm not using it so much and looking at doing some road/ backroad trips hence the 650 idea.

Whats the background on your DR? Got any pics?

Bike
    CRF250L Rally

Parts for the Gas Gas

Seems like Gas Gas are getting their act together really well now for parts. I took the Pampera in for a check over and they found it needs a new front wheel bearing and the base gasket was leaking a bit. Ordered through NV Motorcyles in Morrinsville on Wednesday and they arrived by courier today (There is no Gas Gas dealer in Whangarei) Good price too

Bike
    CRF250L Rally

Gas Gas Pampera sale or swap

Anybody thinking of buying a TTR230 or CRF230 the Pampera is about the same size and a bit lighter but with the 2stroke zip - and cheaper for comparable age. Thinking about going to an XR400 - anybody keen for a swap around the $4000 mark? Also possibly swap for 650 dual purpose about the same value.

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    I've got this up on TM now http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=178095709 - lowered the price - $3500 reserve and some freebees...

Bike
    10 HUSQ TE310, 06 HONDA HORNET 900
    sell it to me for your reserve

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by zeRax View Post
    sell it to me for your reserve
    Auction closes next Tuesday night - stick on your bid you'll probably get it. Or you could hit 'buy now'

Bike
    10 HUSQ TE310, 06 HONDA HORNET 900
    argh, im conflicted in so many ways, i dont know what im going to do

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by zeRax View Post
    argh, im conflicted in so many ways, i dont know what im going to do
    So many bikes...so little time ? Seems like quite a bit of interest on TM (nobodies actually bidded yet though )

Bike
    CRF250L Rally

Exotic two stroke plaything for sale

I've relisted the Pampera 250 - $3500 reserve or $3900 buy now. See http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=179741408. Awesome fun for someone plus the bonus of being road legal.

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Got some bids but not up to reserve yet - offering at $3500 to those on watch-list until tonight then going to relist again if not sold. PM me if you're interested in doing a deal.

Bike
    2006 Harley Davidson Street Bob

Pamp

Hey mate, now this is the long shot of the decade, looking for a Pampera for my daughter, I know this is a 11 year old thread but do you by chance know where your old Pamp ended up ?

Thread Information