Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 cbr600rr and cbr1000rr first look (ABS option?)

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    Which they fuckin need with 11kg of ABS on the stupid thing!

I would much prefer a slipper clutch than ABS
    I thought about it a bit and I'd actually quite like the ABS if (and it's a big IF) they've done a good job on it and you could disable it.

My bike is my commuting vehicle and having ABS on the morning drudge to work would be great for those brown pants moments when cages try to nail you. 11kg seems far too much though. I'd sacrifice 5kg.

Quote Originally Posted by 325rocket View Post
    all good points, and yes it is mostly stuff i wouldnt need but if you let the rest move on too far you fall behind. im in no way a honda basher. ive waited 12 months (saving like a bastard) for the 09 to come along and its just not what i expected. when you can pick up a new 07 gsxr for under 14 grand it makes me ask the question is the honda worth 3 grand more? im just thinking out loud here really so dont hold it against me haha
    I guess was lucky when I scored my 08 for 15.5. Shop around. There might be a few bargains when the 09 is released. Personally I think it's worth the extra cash but it all depends on what you want in a bike.

Bike
    1993 Suzuki RF400R & Kawasaki ZXR750
    Damn looks like the old one with "remastered" pannels, absolutly nothing new, If you would display that one agains the curent one and didnt tell me that it was the 09 model I would have said someone put aftermarket pannels and a new paintjob on, but well see how she handels... hopefully they changed that otherwise the only reason you would get the 09 model is to have bragging rights of having "the new version" of the bike.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Me: Darling, come here... what do you think of this Daytona
    Darling: RF400 is red, it goes faster.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Jeepers you lot are demanding - a new model every year - yeah right - imagine what they would cost then!!!!

The 08 1000 has been hailed internationally in the magazines as the top dog for the year - to improve on that it will be very small progressive changes over the next 2-3 years. Just as Suzuki has done with the GSXR.

Those side panels are a bit dorky though

Bike
    that one in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Jeepers you lot are demanding - a new model every year - yeah right - imagine what they would cost then!!!!
    I'm quite happy with the 4 year development cycle. Gives me time to save for the next one without feeling like I'm slipping too far behind

07 = brand new
    08 = paint
    09 = minor tweaks + paint
    10 = paint
    11 = brand new again

Bike
    CBR600RR, WR250 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by discotex View Post
    I'm quite happy with the 4 year development cycle. Gives me time to save for the next one without feeling like I'm slipping too far behind

07 = brand new
    08 = paint
    09 = minor tweaks + paint
    10 = paint
    11 = brand new again
    "09 = minor tweaks + paint " minor is rite! it looks like they got to the 11th month sent the apprentice down to the local bike shop to grab some oxford minicators while the other apprentice stayed behind and riveted a slab of plastic on to cover the engine. even so, it will still be the best 600 on the market

Thread Information