Thread: Broken Clutch cable - GX125

Bike
    a

Broken Clutch cable - GX125

Hey guys,
    The clutch cable on my 2003 Suzuki GX125 was broken yesterday by someone playing on my bike while I was working. I know its not a big deal to get a new one made but when I went to get a new one made I was told that the cable housing (if thats the right term) had been damage so that the cable sticks inside and a new cable can't be treaded through. Does that sound possible? I thought I kept it well oiled. The mechanic suggested I get a replacement but since my bike is a dodgy Chinese made Suzuki its likely to be 6 weeks to get the parts shipped over.
    Is there a place in Auckland that could make me a new cable + cable housing? And for how much?

Bike
    Bikes!
    If the outer is shagged, put another outer on it. Get a new mechanic though... if they can't manage that, they're not much of a mechanic.

Bike
    yeah any brake service service place should ba able to make a new cable for ya and out of some better stuff
    i hate lawnmowersand rainy weekends

Bike
    a
    Thanks for the advice.

I'll call around the brake service places on monday to see if one can help. Hopefully I wont get stuck on the bus for more then a couple of days.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    before ya panic dude--try the clutch cable off of a DR125 2005 model or a GN125 The GN cable will be a bit long but shit loads easier than alternatives
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Thread Information