Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2008 KTM 990 SuperMoto vs 990 SuperDuke vs Triumph Speed Triple

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Based on what ? Have ridden a 950SM & would rate that very highly , but some pretty big hitters out there at the moment not all in the KTM's marketing scope but never the less , wouldn't say they are the best myself bloody great bit of kit tho for the bikes they are selling top gear & seem to be very reliable .
    Mostly my opinion

Lets see, they're passionate, right up to the top of the management tree (great marketing videos aye?). They don't let the accountants rule too much, mostly building what they like. I used to like Kawasaki and their attitude of, if you're scared of the bike, don't buy it, but thats all been watered down, not to mention diluting the "Ninja" brand by sticking it on just about anything they produced.

KTM builds a great product, I love the bikes, and having ridden most brands, models, there aren't many other bikes out there I would choose currently. Honda is the only other, and only some of their range appeals.

Most importantly, KTM has great dealers, equally passionate, who do a great job servicing the bikes, looking after them etc. As I told a senior employee from Honda Japan, if there isn't a suitable dealer to look after the bike, it doesn't matter how good the bike is (even if its the best in the world, I wouldn't care).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Thinking
    [QUOTE=Sensei;1129507512][QUOTE=Gremlin;
    My opinion, and KTM is still the best brand of bike out there

Based on what ? [/QUOTE]

I agree with Gremlin, I have had a few bikes but I have never seen welds on any bike brand as mint as I have got on my bike, the build quality is remarkable, everything it does is very good.......love it KTM the way
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    ).
    Come on Sensei, you know he's right
    I'm onto my fourth one & I'd have to agree, but of course I would !
    As mad as a spider, and twice as hairy !

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    End of the day, my opinion is my own, and the 690 Stunt, or whatever it is called, is getting away from a stunt bike. I don't know how much you know about stunting, but no matter how good you are, the bikes are dropped, crashed, etc, require parts etc, and to stunt that bike is going to be very very expensive (no problem if you're sponsored I guess). Its also going to be comparatively heavy.
    I don't see a lot of stunt riders going for a Ducati Streetfighter as their chosen steed and given the price of a Streetfighter i'd think most people would be looking after it I would have thought... (unless you were filthy rich and did'nt give a shit)

I would'nt agree nor disagree with that statement..
    Mostly my opinion
    That's cool, we've all got em, lots of different ones too which makes life a lot more interesting. Shit, just think if we all liked exactly the same thing, mega snore!

Lets see, they're passionate, right up to the top of the management tree (great marketing videos aye?). They don't let the accountants rule too much, mostly building what they like. I used to like Kawasaki and their attitude of, if you're scared of the bike, don't buy it, but thats all been watered down, not to mention diluting the "Ninja" brand by sticking it on just about anything they produced.
    Does it really matter what the sticker is on the side of the bike? Either you like it or you don't, the sticker's got nothing much to do with it... Besides the "Ninja" sticker is still being put on the side of some awesome bikes.. (but I would say that would'nt I..)
    There's only about three bikes from KTM i'd like to have in my dream garage, the SuperDuke, the SMT and the 690 Duke but this goes for most of the makes of motorcycles I like, i'm only interested in the ones i'd like to own...

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    There's only about three bikes from KTM i'd like to have in my dream garage, the SuperDuke, the SMT and the 690 Duke but this goes for most of the makes of motorcycles I like, i'm only interested in the ones i'd like to own...
    You're not looking for a low K VL250 then?
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Thread Information