Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic/Vintage Bikes

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Um all my bikes are old.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Not what I'd consider classic, just old -'76 CB550F, '78 CX500, '81 GSX750, CB750FC2, soon to have '85 CBX750 and a '88 GB400. As well as assorted spares for most of them.

Why you ask? Cause I can.

Bike
    Buell Xb12x, SR500

3x sr500s

i love them.
    2 are on the road!
    wooohoo!
    I am Jack's complete lack of remorse .

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    its a vintage dinosaur for me

large capacity, air cooled, kick start, v twin

and no its not a friggin' Hardley Ablesome
    =mjc=

Bike
    98 Triumph Thunderbird 900
    Blog Entries
    There is something special about old bikes.
    It dosen't matter what kind it is, they all have an aura about them.
    Whether it be the history surrounding it, the handling, the beauty/styling, the breed. The simplicity of its components and make-up.
    And to think it all started with the humble push bike!

I have always loved and had an infinity for old bikes, and for me, British stands out and grasps my heart.
    Pre & post war bikes are a favorite. AJS, Ariel, Douglas, Norton, Rudge, Triumph of course, Velocette and Vincent just to name a few.

I own a 71 Triumph Tiger. A nice bike that we are going to keep in the family and hand down to our oldest as a heirloom, and so on. It is one to treasure and keep.

I came across a family member a few months back that has gotten into restoring very old bikes, alot of money has gone into them and they look absolutely stunning. Its his hobby that gives him much enjoyment. And you can tell with his talent in the finished machine.

As the years go on, parts for these machines must be getting harder and harder to get. After market parts being an only alternative for some.
    Still I suppose the value of the bike is still there dispite its make-up.

I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely old man at the Greymouth races recently.
    He raced up to us just as we were about to leave and started talking about my old girl and what he was doing with his old 1930 BSA.
    His passion was unmistakable dispite the trials he has had to get chroming done or finding specific parts for his beauty.

Its just nice to know that there are people out there who still own and love their old bikes.

Live your life in such a way,
    that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,

Satan shudders & says....'Oh shit!....she's awake!!'

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    New bikes for me are boring, they do everything you want and demand very little tinkering in return. No quirks, no niggles and all the fun has been carefully engineered out of them so that any twit can ride them.

Motu- I guess BSA for your frame too.

I run an '75 850-T3 Guzzi every day, rain or shine (but mostly rain) and do 30,000kms a year on it. No worries. The other motley bunch are from '76-80 and they get ridden on weekends. Parts are cheap and available, and if they arn't- I make them.
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    An old one, some new one's !
    How old does a bike have to be before you get a reduction in your rego cost ? ( if any ) !

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    40 years for cheap rego.
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Got a '77 Suzuki GT250 waiting to get back on the road.......and the '73 CB350 Honda......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    1980 Yamaha XS1100
    Quote Originally Posted by rat biker 08 View Post
    Got two a 1978 GS550 suzuki and a 1978 XS1100 yamaha both of witch i ride
    Yay for the XS1100...Mr too -mines a young 'un-1980 model. Runs like a dream, pulls like schoolboy,goes round corners faster than Joe Bugners nose.Best bike Ever made. Yep.

Bike
    Sold
    Our family owned this Suzuki X7 in the 90's when I was teaching our eldest son to ride. Bitterly regret selling it. I know where it is - sitting in a shed in the Waikato not having been ridden for about 8 years. The current owner also picked up a crate of spares many moons ago. He's totally lost interest as he's a known hoarder (Triumph Tigress and Hillman Imp to name but two items in his shed), but isn't interested in selling which breaks my heart. I won't stop hassling him though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki X7.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	109092  

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    My keepers are a 75 Norton Commando and an 81 RD 350LC both in varoius states of repair/rebuild.Love the Nortons look,sound and the smell of its hot oil after a ride,have owned it for 15 years now.
    Scored the RD for a song last year and am wrapped as i have always wanted one as i learned to ride on the 250 model but every one in the know has told me the 350 was the one to have.
    Modern bikes are great but they just don't have the same affinity for me as these bikes do.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando

old skool

How come there is no Forum area for old bikes?
    If they can have a area for pit bikes and scooters maybe its worth asking.....but who?
    I have 2 old bikes over 30 and 2 over 50, in various states of disrepair.

Recently bought a modern to see what I was missing....a 900ss ie.
    Its air cooled and only has 2 valves per cylinder...starts first push of the button and provides all the noise and feel I like.
    Dislikes: nothing so far.
    Seems to attract the Police in the way my old bikes don't......maybe thats coz I ride it more and it just wants to go........

Bike
    1972 Honda CB350 AND 2002 XJR1300

Smile My Dad's Old Honda

His old Honda CB 350 is my only ride at the moment but about to change that any day.
    The Honda has a Dunstall kit on it but thats proving to be my downfall as I lost the baffle last season and I'm having trouble getting a new one due to the Dunstall exhaust. Problem may be solved now ..... Met a bloke who knows a bloke who....

Bike
    98 Triumph Thunderbird 900
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Seems to attract the Police in the way my old bikes don't......maybe thats coz I ride it more and it just wants to go........
    Nah mate ... its the easy movement of the wrist tweaking that throtle with such ease!

Live your life in such a way,
    that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,

Satan shudders & says....'Oh shit!....she's awake!!'

Thread Information