Thread: TrailTech Vapor problems on R1

Bike
    RMZ 250

TrailTech Vapor problems on R1

Hi,

I'm having some issues with a vapor speedo/tech device for my 2001 R1.

I've plugged it directly into the signal wire for the coil pack (looking at the plug end its the one on the left) as per the manual.

The problem is the revs are all over the place, idle is generally alright, with small jumps which is prob the bike...but then every once in a while it will jump 1000rpm. When riding it can jump up to 4000rpm without a change in throttle or engine note. I've also seen the revs go up when I've let the throttle off (wtf?)

Has any one got any suggestions as what could be wrong? I've now tried 2 vapor computer units on the bike and they both do the same thing.

Does anyone know the PPR (pulses per revolution) of the 2001 R1? also does it change the PPR after a certain amount of revs (one of the options on the unit)?

Any help would be great as I just want to ride my new bike but can't until I sort this out!

Cheers

Bike
    Bikes!
    Arrrr me hearty! Contact the merchant ye pilfered the device from! They be needin to get you the resistored pickup wire harnesss. Arrrrr!

Bike
    RMZ 250
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Arrrr me hearty! Contact the merchant ye pilfered the device from! They be needin to get you the resistored pickup wire harnesss. Arrrrr!
    arrr, time for me to walk thee plank me thinks.

Treasure on thee way

Bike
    Bikes!
    If you have no joy (I expect if you email trailtech they'll know exactly what you're on about), I'll dig deeper for you.

Bike
    RMZ 250
    awesome mate. I've emailed the seller and he's going to order the part for me...fingers crossed it all works

Searching google it does look like alot of people are using the resisted wire for road bikes...strange they just don't supply it with the kit.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Yes... they have a fitment kit for SV650s as I understand it... and still the SV boys have to order that from Trailtech... muppets. Good luck

Thread Information