Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic sidecars for sale

Bike
    motocompo
    Hoodie would probably be up for the Norton motors, a couple of motors should get him through a meeting.

Bike
    xr1200hd,99 dyna + choppers
    that boy needs a rev limiter,or about 8 motors for the year should get him through.

Bike
    Anything BSA

Norton Sidecar rolling chassis for sale

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=242671620

there is a big wheeled sitter currently on trade me.

Bike
    Ducati 600 Monster & GPZ550 Postie bike
    Tim,

Great pic in your Trademe profile ! :-)

Mark
    If guns are responsible for violence, knives & forks are responsible for obesity

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    I still have some good Norton twin race motors if anyone's interested. Good sidecar tackle for pre 76 or pre 63. Too many carburettors for me...
    Are these still avaliable? Might be worth putting it up on the dude's trademe auction if they still are.

Bike
    Anything BSA

Norton race motors

these engines have gone to a good home in Paihiatua so will be back pulling big wheeled chairs so sadly not for sale any more. The money is going into my 1955 road rocket side car race project.

We're trying to encourage traditional chairs through a development class within the classic side car section based on humble engines to 650cc (covering both pre unit and unit motors), this rolling chassis appears to be suitable for that class. I can provide draft rules for to anyone interested.

Theres only one meeting in the year where Jap sidecars arent welcome and thats the classic festival at Puke in Feb. All other NZCMRR meetings are open to all classic outfits, nothing wrong with the old waterbus's etc. Bring em out.
    While the euro classics are well supported the post classic era with jap 2 strokes and in line 4's is poorly supported.
    If its got a front exit all the better.
    Not True, A post classic sidecar was told that can not race with the classics in any of their meetings just recently. No jap bike sidecars was the reply.

Bike
    Anything BSA
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Not True, A post classic sidecar was told that can not race with the classics in any of their meetings just recently. No jap bike sidecars was the reply.
    Please provide me with details...
    we regularly race with post classic japa's at both street meetings and NZCMRR events wherever posties are present. The only exceptions I am aware of is the classic festival and perhaps also the labour weekend meeting which may also be a closed meeting. If jap bikes are eligible in solo's they will also be eligible to go out with the chairs.
    The only issue really is safety for crews.
    I am one of the classic sidecar coordinators and am not aware of any exclusion.

Please provide me with details...
    we regularly race with post classic japa's at both street meetings and NZCMRR events wherever posties are present. The only exceptions I am aware of is the classic festival and perhaps also the labour weekend meeting which may also be a closed meeting. If jap bikes are eligible in solo's they will also be eligible to go out with the chairs.
    The only issue really is safety for crews.
    I am one of the classic sidecar coordinators and am not aware of any exclusion.
    Bruce Roberts, who brought the ex- Simon Windlebourne CB1000.
    He and his passenger has tried on a few occassions recently , right up to just before Taupo meet last weekend.
    Talk to Audrey she was the last one they talked to and to deny them entry.

Bike
    Anything BSA
    Can you please either PM me his contact details or get him to. I will see what I can do. Email details ideally.
    We do prefer to race with front exit postie rigs (if people want to regularly join us) as the technology difference between the rear exit only rigs means we can run into safety issues as the modern style rear exit rigs are able to brake far more dramatically than the old school rigs. However we have made a habit of allowing learners on moderns (rear exit only) out with us to give them track time. We do run them off the back of the grid.

Bike
    Anything BSA
    Although japanese engined sidecars can still be raced at a number of NZCMRR meetings (but only if front exit), the tragic accident at Paeroa this year (feb2010) has resulted in MNZ banning the mixing of classics (front exit) and moderns (rear exit only rigs) .

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, I have very rarely seen a Classic Japanese outfit and assumed the "no Jappa's" was across the board

Bryan Wyeth ran his Waterbus powered outfit in the NZ Nationals and I think he got something like 5th overall a few years back

Bike
    Exercycle
    Well, that's just stuffed any chances of SI Classic chairs appearing... Unless CAMS are prepared to run a class there's nowhere to run them.

Bike
    Anything BSA

mixed racing

I don't know if this ban is temporary or not, I'm guessing we may hear more by the time the have a go day rolls round. I believe a report into the incident was being written but don't know to what extent the MNZ response was based on it or simply a knee jerk health and safety backside covering exercise.
    Mixing old school rigs (with skinny tyres) and more contemporary rigs with wide car racing slicks and disks does require a little common sense to manage the usual risks.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    .....A 71 Suzi water bucket, in a Windle frame is F**king classic in my books.
    Might just be one at Taupo Oct19
    I am intrigued, is this outfit still around?

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    I am intrigued, is this outfit still around?
    It,s living in Oz at the moment.
    My mate hogpacker owns it, and is totally refurbishing it. Unfortunately it isn't finished yet, (his other projects replica RGB grand prix bikes) are swallowing time and coin.
    Hopefully all will be ready next year. (he plans to enter the chair and a RGB in two Oz historic meetings and the NZ historic meeting).

Thread Information