Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kiwibike insurance review

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    i am with kiwibike!
    sounds like my insurance is in good hands..
    untill they find out who i am on here...

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I'm pretty sure we were told that if anyone not specifically covered on your policy has an accident, you pay a higher excess and then have higher premiums the following year.

I've got my bike insured with them and Andy has three of his with them too - rang to insure both for full cover and then was told it would only be about another $100 to insure the third fully too - he had been paying about $80 for third party only elsewhere.

We can't complain about State for house and contents insurance though - we've had two house claims (cracked shower and leak in roof) and they paid out without any problem both times, and one contents claim that they paid out within days once we provided the proof.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_r View Post
    I've just ... re-insured with State again for another year. It's just too damn attractive with multi-policy, no-claims and other discounts. It was going to cost more than twice as much through Kiwibike and John Baker, with the unfortunate exception that it's still not insured for trackdays
    That's weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    We can't complain about State for house and contents insurance though
    Well, we'd been insured by state for a very long time (had my first policy with them back when I was about 16). However, they didn't seem too appreciate the fact we had house, contents, and three vehicle policies with them, and had only ever had one claim (burglary) up until a few years ago, when our eldest son wrote off the second car. In particular, their vehicle policies seemed expensive and restrictive, so we switched everything (at least $3.5k in premiums) to AMI. Then after a couple of years, the bike policy didn't look as good as it could have, despite no at-fault claims EVER. I got a few quotes, and KiwiBike came up trumps - policy was much more flexible, had gear cover for both me and my pillion for up to $2500, had MUCH lower excesses, AND was something like $350/year cheaper. Oh - and when I volunteered my history of tickets (only three in 30 years, but two of them were within a few months prior to the application), they basically said, "We don't care, because you're a mature rider".
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    1992 ZXR250C 2008 ZX6R
    Hey was just wondering who actually does track day cover? Does kiwibike?
    holding the line...

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by steelestring View Post
    My policy says yes,as long as you let them know.

And as for service,rang up at 4.50pm on Friday to cancel cover on the GSX on Monday,arrange cover for the Bandit from Saturday,all done via phone and covered as of midnight Friday/Saturday morning.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steelestring View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ynot slow View Post
    My policy says yes,as long as you let them know.
    My initial enquiry with KBI included a track day question and was told "As long as I let them know in advance" but when the policy turned up it was worded "Only with insurers advance approval"

I have not had the opportunity to attend a track day with the newpolicy yet so cannot advise further.

Suggest you read the policy to check.

Bike
    V-Strom 650
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    My initial enquiry with KBI included a track day question and was told "As long as I let them know in advance" but when the policy turned up it was worded "Only with insurers advance approval"
    I think they are selective about which Companies/Track days to insure. Some of them out there are pretty loose, while other (like Honda for example) are specifically aimed as Training days.

Don't know who does add-on insurance for track days though. Might be easier just to hire a GSXR from Hampton downs when it opens.
    'I always have coffee when I watch radar, everyone knows that' - Lord Dark Helmet -

www.stepup.mil.nz

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Given the posts on KB about track days, if I was an insurer I wouldn't cover any apart from advanced rider training. The last few threads I read were all about laptimes, maximum speeds, who passed who, and who had the biggest equipment. It's not too hard for someone from one of the companies to check up on this and say, "Nah - not covering trackdays any more."
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    BMW R1200s
    Kiwibike cover trackdays. You must get them pre-approved first.

Don't think there is anything significantly more risky about a track day than a ride on the road.

Reckless riding is dealt with by the officials - or with a quiet word in the pits with whoever cut you up

In my experience no one wants to walk home or have their bike wrecked so it's a case of mutual respect.

Bike
    1992 ZXR250C 2008 ZX6R
    I went to a trackday on the 19th of this month at manfield. I called kiwibike and asked about trackday cover... they said as long as its an approved organisation running it, its ok... I emailed the details and they promptly replied telling me that i was covered

Excess was 2 grand but could be reduced for a one off payment of 50 dollars to halve this. I took the choice of the reduced excess... not that I was planning on going "balls to the walls" but because you just never know what might happen. I did hum and har about this.... being the total cost of the trackday.

It was a great day! I didnt push hard and rode within my limits. My mentor Bistard showing me the lines and rideing with me the whole day. I have now got my suspension sorted out and brakeing skills turned, I feel so much better on the road.

Thank you kiwibike!!!!!! Awesome service!!

Trackdays are vital rider for rider development but not to be abused!
    holding the line...

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by YLWDUC View Post
    Might be easier just to hire a GSXR from Hampton downs when it opens.
    Not for $300 for the bike, plus the $2k excess it won't.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure

Bit of a dredge here but worth commenting....

I have just cancelled my Insurance with State!
    I bought another motorcycle, same model and year and the price is more?
    The excuse was the computer just tells me the price?

Anyway, to insure three bikes was going to be bloody expensive as I had cancelled all three policies in my little rant...
    I then went to AA, Naa, forget it! Out of this world expensive and they wouldn't insure a road legal 950 Adventure but would insure the 640 enduro? what? Did not pursue this....

To cut a long story short, Kiwibike Motorcycle Insurance wins hands down.
    It wasn't the price, it was the ease at filling in a form THAT included listing more than one bike, so simple really.
    I did not have to go through declaration after declaration and the price was absolutely fantastic!

I have signed, sealed and now awaiting delivery of said policies....
    Many thanks to Kiwibike Motorcycle Insurance, they get my endorsement!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    I have just cancelled my Insurance with State!
    I bought another motorcycle, same model and year and the price is more?
    The excuse was the computer just tells me the price?

Anyway, to insure three bikes was going to be bloody expensive as I had cancelled all three policies in my little rant...
    I then went to AA, Naa, forget it! Out of this world expensive and they wouldn't insure a road legal 950 Adventure but would insure the 640 enduro? what? Did not pursue this....

To cut a long story short, Kiwibike Motorcycle Insurance wins hands down.
    It wasn't the price, it was the ease at filling in a form THAT included listing more than one bike, so simple really.
    I did not have to go through declaration after declaration and the price was absolutely fantastic!

I have signed, sealed and now awaiting delivery of said policies....
    Many thanks to Kiwibike Motorcycle Insurance, they get my endorsement!
    On the multibike thing. When I insured the DR with STAR through my broker they were willing to insure my GSXR as second bike for only 70-150 extra (third or Full)......
    My broker was similar, really only want to know about last seven years I think.
    Does garaging still matter for bikes??? last car policy they don't discount on that anymore, theft all based on postcodes....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information