Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

Bike
    2009, Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    You can add the DL650 V-Strom to the list as well. Looks to me as if the Gladius 650 is using the modified engine from a V-Strom 650 which is what I ride.

3DKiwi

Bike
    Out of control Firestorm
    There's a grand spanking new Gladius sitting in the showroom of Freedom Suzuki here in Palmy. No price on the bike but had a good look, and boy the bike is sure small when next to an old SV650.
    As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death
    Γύρος στη νίκη

Bike
    SV1000S K3, XB dream on hold ...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    There's a grand spanking new Gladius sitting in the showroom of Freedom Suzuki here in Palmy. No price on the bike but had a good look, and boy the bike is sure small when next to an old SV650.
    Its now up on trademe for $12k ...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-211888847.htm

Bike
    katzuki
    The Gaydius will be a flop.....until Suzuki changes the paint job.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    One thing bugs me - the silver 'alloy' lower part of the frame is in fact a fake - it's a cover. Not sure why as the frame could be quite spunky in a Ducati style. I suspect it's trying to look like a alloy section grafted into the steel trellis like the exotic Benelli's.

I'll have a good peak behind it at the dealers........

How long before someone is offering a carbon fibre cover instead

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    I've ridden one - real surprise how good it is when you hit the twisty backroads.

It is stuttery in town though - in town the throttle seems over sensitive. Engine is good and they've got the mapping just right when you can open it up and ride the thing.

Reckon experienced riders will get bored with it after a time, but it was good fun to take out for a 100km test ride.

There will be a full review in time - but right now my write-up is in with the paper I write for, so have to see what they use before I can do anything else (copyright and all that).

I'll post a link when finally I can do a write up for the site. But worth trying to get a ride - if it comes shod with Dunlop Qualifiers (my test bike was), then hope it is warm and dry as my opinion of the bike changed once the Dunlops (eventually) warmed up.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    Was a GSXR 1000 k6
    Extremely boring bike. The RPM will probably end by 6k and it won't make more then 180kmh. The bike will be a flop like Yamaha's BT 1100 Bulldog.

The bike wont even be fun when you buy it, just maybe for someone who only had 250cc before, and that's just for a while.
    Sorry Suzuki, this time you guys have fucked up!

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    it just doesnt click for me aye, there is just something off about the gladius. I am sure some will love it but for me the sum of its parts isnt adding up.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Saw a Gladius in the flesh for the first time yesterday, in pearl white with magenta highlights, it screamed feminine to the max!
    Also saw the new Kawasaki ER6F for the first time, that's a good looking 600 middleweight bike.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    Extremely boring bike. The RPM will probably end by 6k and it won't make more then 180kmh. The bike will be a flop like Yamaha's BT 1100 Bulldog.

The bike wont even be fun when you buy it, just maybe for someone who only had 250cc before, and that's just for a while.
    Sorry Suzuki, this time you guys have fucked up!
    I've ridden one. And the revs don't stop at 6k. In fact, 6k is where the vibes smooth out - take it up to 8k and there is a surge in power. And as I said, when I took it to the twisties it was a revalation - I was taking on those roads at the same speeds as bikes I've owned for ages... and I had been riding the Gladius for about 2 hours by that point.

For someone who has only ridden a 250 it would be a good next step up. As I said, an experienced rider will outgrow it fairly quickly - I really enjoyed my road test, but it wouldn't be my choice of bike full time. But if Suzuki are placing it in the market for those stepping up from learners, or also for the short of stature (the seat height is lower than the SV), then it will do the job.

See if you can get a test ride and make your mind up. It just might surprise you.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    `12 Aprilia 1200 `05 Transalp `77 RL250
    Yeah for sure it`ll surprise you an all but still a budget bike priced and aimed at that market so..............
    Would be nice to see these japs using USD forks and the likes and a hint of something mysterious instead of the norm leftover rehashed parts
    I dont doubt the motor will be strong as but...well....not me
    Perhaps for those that are ready to move up a gear???

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Got to ride one of these as a loaner the other day. Impressions-did not like the plasticky looks and "scooter" styled muffler, but what a fun wee bike. Felt instantly at home. Great comfortable commuter and handled well. Could have easily spent more time getting to know the bike. Downsides-weak front brake and soft forks. Will it age gracefully?

Bike
    (sold)Suzuki DR 650se
    I dont see where the extra weight is in the picture Are you sure its dry weight? I think it looks cool.
    but yeah dumb to make a sv alike bike thats heavier than sv.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    I sat on one ages ago - didn't like the upright seat - gimme clip-ons any day.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    Quote Originally Posted by talbertnz View Post
    I dont see where the extra weight is in the picture Are you sure its dry weight? I think it looks cool.
    but yeah dumb to make a sv alike bike thats heavier than sv.
    Its not heavier.... people keep saying this. Its the same weight as the naked SV. Suzuki are now publishing the weight specs WITH a full tank now. Before they only published the dry weight. Thats why it seems heavier.

Thread Information