Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 10 January 2009

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Katana 750F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Just think of us oldies - our eyesight can't cope with pale colours!

ME give YOU beer on Monday? I was thinking YOU could buy ME a beer for giving you such good advice! How did you know I was turning up for the club night anyway?
    The power of the internet ..... p.s I am an oldie. You're right, yellow lines are hard to see.
    Life is to be enjoyed ... Bikes, women, beer and chocolate

Link > CHECK OUT Feilding Riders Club Website
    For Upcoming Events

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiKat View Post
    The power of the internet ..... p.s I am an oldie. You're right, yellow lines are hard to see.
    Oldies unite! I'll see you Monday for that beer!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    will one have to register for a particular group and stay in that group for the dayor will it be just register for the trackday and first xx to the dummy grid get into that particular session?

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    I have done a couple of CD trackdays and from memory i think you sign on to the class that suits your riding experience.If however when you get on track and think it is to fast or slow,you can ask the organisers to move you to another class.They are a good crew and are more than willing to help.It is an excellent day and i recommend you get there early as it is value for money.

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10
    have done several of the Cd trackdays and they are awesome. On some (might actually not have been CD might have been someone else doing it) but you have to sign up for a group. Once the group is full thats it. Then I have been to others where you sign up for the day. And a group is called to the dummy grid and the first 35 or 40 that make it to the dummy grid get on the track for that session. With me being half deaf and really slow, this method didnt work too well in my favour as I kept missing out on the sessions and getting pushed down to the slower groups.

Just wondering on the format.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I just checked with the other half before posting, and he said you can change what session you go out in during the day. So if you line up for a slow session and find that it's a bit slow for you, the next time you go out you can line up for the medium or fast session.

You sign up for the day rather than the session speed and you can ride in as many sessions as you can fit in during the day, but they do not allow anyone [other than club members who may have been leading slow sessions, etc] to come in from one session and immediately join the next one going out, which is why the group of riders waiting on the dummy grid is now closed off BEFORE the current session comes back in. And the order has been changed to stop those who would go out in a slow session, try and carve up the novices, then come in and do the same in the medium session before going out in the fast one they should have been in to start with. The fast guys go out first, then the medium, then the slow. Anyone caught trying to circumvent this is likely to be asked to leave.

Bike
    GSX-R 750 K6
    In reading all this, I understand that any one can come out to this track day? Or do you have to me a member of CDMTCI?

Cheers
    Manawatu Tag-o-rama score : LXV

DAVE MOSS "I'll BE BACK" WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE INFO OF DATES AND VENUES FOR 2015 VISIT, DM here from 18 Feb to 9 March, look on Meetings for info.

Quote "A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    In reading all this, I understand that any one can come out to this track day? Or do you have to me a member of CDMTCI?

Cheers
    That's correct - it is run by CDMTCI but is open to the public. No pre-bookings, just turn up on the day so it's first in, first served.

Bike
    Yamaha YZF 600. 1995
    CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 10 January 2009

Yes folks, it's that time again, time for another blat around the track at Manfeild.

Just $40 per person. Slow, medium, fast and race sessions.
    All glass to be taped, bikes to be of WOF standard.
    Full bike gear to be worn.

Scrutineering starts at 9am.
    Maximum number of 120 bikes, first in first served. NO prebookings.

This is arguably New Zealand's cheapest and best-run track day, just ask anyone who's been to one in the last 20 years!

For more information, please contact club president Andrew Pugh on 0274 463 870.
    Hell's teeth. I'm in.

Who do/how do I contact by email?

I hate phones. "You said, she said, I said...no you didn't'

Email provides a record.

So what's the go? Got an address?
    Only 'Now' exists in reality.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Katana 750F
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dpex View Post
    Hell's teeth. I'm in.

Email provides a record.

I wiill check these out and update. Just turn up on the day.
    Current contact details: email cdmtc@silver-bullet.co.nz

Regards Gary.
    I will be there helping and in the slow group, just behind Cowboyz.
    Life is to be enjoyed ... Bikes, women, beer and chocolate

Link > CHECK OUT Feilding Riders Club Website
    For Upcoming Events

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by dpex View Post
    Hell's teeth. I'm in.

Email provides a record.

The silverbullet email address isn't monitored and does not always work, so please don't email! Can I ask why you want to email in any case? I've given all the information above, there are no prebookings, so what do you need a record of in any case? If you have any questions, please ask them here and I will endeavour to get an answer for you.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I have just received the following PM about our track day: "Is this the TD on 10th Jan? If yes, then how do I book, who do I pay, and where is it being held?"

Please closely scrutinise the copy of my first post which I have repeated below, in particular the bold sections.

CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 10 January 2009 (Does Manfeild give you a clue as to where it's being held? It's in Feilding, Google is your friend.)

Yes folks, it's that time again, time for another blat around the track at Manfeild.

Once again, it's at Manfeild Park at Feilding, which is in the Manawatu.

Turn up on the day, NO PREBOOKINGS. You pay ON THE DAY and it's FIRST IN, FIRST SERVED. We do not take prebookings as it is not fair on those who turn up rain or shine.

Have I missed anything?

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    have done several of the Cd trackdays and they are awesome. On some (might actually not have been CD might have been someone else doing it) but you have to sign up for a group. Once the group is full thats it. Then I have been to others where you sign up for the day. And a group is called to the dummy grid and the first 35 or 40 that make it to the dummy grid get on the track for that session. With me being half deaf and really slow, this method didnt work too well in my favour as I kept missing out on the sessions and getting pushed down to the slower groups.

Just wondering on the format.
    Ummmm Slow group ? Nah

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiKat View Post
    I wiill check these out and update. Just turn up on the day.
    Current contact details: email cdmtc@silver-bullet.co.nz

Regards Gary.
    I will be there helping and in the slow group, just behind Cowboyz.
    Fast group ya meant to say aye ?

I have just received the following PM about our track day: "Is this the TD on 10th Jan? If yes, then how do I book, who do I pay, and where is it being held?"

Please closely scrutinise the copy of my first post which I have repeated below, in particular the bold sections.

CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 10 January 2009 (Does Manfeild give you a clue as to where it's being held? It's in Feilding, Google is your friend.)

Once again, it's at Manfeild Park at Feilding, which is in the Manawatu.

Turn up on the day, NO PREBOOKINGS. You pay ON THE DAY and it's FIRST IN, FIRST SERVED. We do not take prebookings as it is not fair on those who turn up rain or shine.

Have I missed anything?
    Sorry to be a pain but could ya check for me and just clarify re a track bike ! I've commited a bike to the track and in so doing, have stripped all road gear including plate reg and wof !
    During scruiteneering is it just to make sure the bike is safe, tyres, brakes, chain, leaks, etc, or does it have to be road legal with a recent warrant ?

Cheers Bill
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    Sorry to be a pain but could ya check for me and just clarify re a track bike ! I've commited a bike to the track and in so doing, have stripped all road gear including plate reg and wof !
    During scruiteneering is it just to make sure the bike is safe, tyres, brakes, chain, leaks, etc, or does it have to be road legal with a recent warrant ?

Cheers Bill
    You're exactly right as to what scrutineering is looking for - to ensure the bike being taken out on the track is safe - brakes, tyres, no loose chain, etc as we realise race bikes are not warrantable or registered. WOF standard gives an indication of the things we would not let pass scrutineering - eg, play in wheel bearings, bits hanging off the bike, etc.

Bike
    track bike
    Blog Entries
    See you guys tomorrow! Yay!

Thread Information