Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Showa’s new Big Piston Fork

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post
    How about Traxxion gas cartridges.
    Is anyone else doing that in a drop in kit ?.

http://www.onthethrottle.tv/pages/pa...on_dynamics_08

they have been out for a few years now...if they were that good everyone would be using them...but sadly noone really uses them..they were leading edge..top concept at the time I believe..but apparently they didn't really function that much/ if at all better than other non gas pressurised cartridge replacements..still is really the way to go now..pressurised forks would/will build damping alot faster than non...can't wait for a economical solution to materialise !! [that works well ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post
    How about Traxxion gas cartridges.
    Is anyone else doing that in a drop in kit ?.

http://www.onthethrottle.tv/pages/pa...on_dynamics_08

Not yet, or at least not yet for sale to the general public. There is one set of Traxxion gas cartridges in NZ and there are 2 different opinions on their performance. I have reservations about the delivered settings but know what direction is required to sort it.
    On the weekend we tested with something else, and the result was excellent, even though the settings are to be refined. ( not saying any more at this point! )

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    they have been out for a few years now...if they were that good everyone would be using them...but sadly noone really uses them..they were leading edge..top concept at the time I believe..but apparently they didn't really function that much/ if at all better than other non gas pressurised cartridge replacements..still is really the way to go now..pressurised forks would/will build damping alot faster than non...can't wait for a economical solution to materialise !! [that works well ]
    No they dont build damping faster by the fact of being gas charged alone, they suffer a lot less hysterisis / cavitation at high frequency. That arguably allows either slightly more aggressive settings and less free bleed as is required in a conventional ''milkshake'' cartridge.
    The difference in performance is good but I wouldnt say that its like being on another planet, not yet anyway.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Thread Information