Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Number One Comes Number Two

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries

Number One Comes Number Two

Another great day (despite the cold wind) thankfully and happily my bike/s actually went for me
    (thanks babe for all your hardwork over the season especially when working on bikes was the absolute last thing I know you wanted to be doing)

Getting the A grade to go after B grade was a stroke of genius I got to complete both my points races...even if I didn't realise that that last race was actually the points race!!

There I was casually sitting at the back of the pack behind everyone on the grid and just picking people off slowly and 'trying' things out thinking ok I know I can take you around this bit and you on the exit of this corner....and trying to nail that nasty little switch back (which I never got to grips with) ...luckily though I managed to sneak into 2nd in that race, because that plus winning the first race (oh...didn't I mention that I won the first race...even after crashing ok I will shut up about that now ) + the meagre points I had built up over the season (from when I did make it out to an actual race) put me into Second for the B Grade Series and a right purdy trophy!!! I was also awarded 'Most improved female rider' another purdy trophy!!! Wow I have two trophies and they are motorcycle racing ones I am going to officially call myself cool now...maybe only to myself but that's enough for me!

In terms of a trophy that SHOULD have been awarded...TOP BUCKET CHICK! I think Trudes and Pammy deserved a trophy. They are what real buckets is all about! Built from the ground up and worked on by the owner/rider, developed over the season and even did the Battle of the Buckets at Ruapuna.

Nick I am keen to see how far apart we were in the end points wise...I didn't think I'd done enough to even get a placing so found it hilarious when you said you thought I had beaten you for 1st....now I have just looked at the points and SHITE we were all sooo close! Should've taken that last race much more serious.

TBH though I don't think I have ever been so relieved to hear that a points race day was over. Buggered was I and I still am. Bit of a headache and slightly blurred vision on one side prob just my imagination but seems to have been since the glorious swandive manouevre I pulled off as I highsided off the front end up the inside of Trudes, new marks to paint in on my bucket helmet now too

Oh well...apparently I have to go in the A grade next year : THAT will be all about just trying to avoid being lapped by EVERYONE

Just one problem...that puts both the Monsters on the track at the same time...hmm first up best biked me thinks..oh well that's me screwed. AND imagine if I ever beat Sully oh now that just wouldn't be on now would it or likely for that matter.

Trudes my good friend and best rival. At the start of this season when I tried to get some girls into this you were the most committed gal around, scoring a bike and working tirelessly on it (with a little help from our friends) to make it not only go but also look purdy. It's been so cool to share this this season (and all it's little ups and downs) with you. So pleased I bothered joining KB as I got to met you and Hels two of my now most favourite and dearest friends

Bayden and Ange thanks for arranging the series and keeping things going on the day. Good times good times

Norf Welly Massif: What can I say - a brilliant bunch of mates. It truly is wonderful to have met you all you are such a kind, generous, weird, mad and funny lot..you rock

BUCKET people in general!! HollA! For me buckets is fun because of the spirit of the people I get to do it alongside (or behind) I am proud to have had the pleasure (mostly) to share the track with and learn from, you all.

Once again though final and biggest thanks must go to my lovely and clever husband for encouraging me to do this in the first place, pushing me to push myself, working forever and a day on our bikes and to top it all off being really happy for me when I managed to do well

LADIES...it's a wicked cool feeling to make your man proud about the way you race especially when he isn't too shabby at it himself!

BTW have pictures and a vid (shows me crashing too) but I am buggered and am going to bed for sleepytime.

BUCKETS ROCK!!!

Bike
    Goose
    I love you Sherie. You are MY hero!

Congrats chick!!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Hey you got a placing too and a certificate. Nick has them for both you and Malcolm

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Totally awesome effort. WELL DONE !!!

MY HERO.... hard work was rewarded with a good result.

for you...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Well done Sherie,

Yesterday I got a chance (unfortunately for me) to see you riding. You looked awesome out there, your riding has improved so much this year. Very smooth and very very fast.
    Look out A grade next year, especially if you can pry the Slead away from Criag.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    You're totally awesome, and we all adore you.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Thanks FJ and Nige - It was a pity the grey ghost didn't play nicely for you. I was definitely thinking of you and your Loncin grunt in that first race and you will be a weapon once you iron out the little bugs - it definitely has some nice pace

As for your lovely lady...she is so fricken hard to pass. She was by far the hardest to pass, another one with nice smooth lines and great track position (bitch) though she was very nice to me and when I did stick it up the inside of her and had the line and the grunt she didn't even slap me for it later

Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    Look out A grade next year, especially if you can pry the Slead away from Criag.
    oooo don't make me laugh so hard I hurts! Chance my dear would be a fine thing...we need to get us another motor me thinks then I might stand a shit show of taking that off his hands...though it will mean I have to do all my own mechanicking...might not end up being much of a challenger in A grade at all if the bikes reliability this season is anything to go by imagine how it will go with my hands working on it's vitals

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    You're totally awesome, and we all adore you.
    ENTER Therapist.

Though I can smell and taste the sarcasm all the way from down here I'm gonna say...Awww thanks, that's so sweet and cute of you to say

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    Awww thanks, that's so sweet and cute of you to say
    I did kinda mean it, actually.

kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    I did kinda mean it, actually.

OMG really???!!!

Well again Thanks, that sweet and cute of you to say

Hard not to take your posts with a large grain of salt now is all

Bike
    Yamama R6 & Frankie the Bucket
    Nice one #1.

You were looking bloody good out there, a huge change from the first day of the season.

So you're going to be my competition next year...shit...need to make bike go faster.
    The Unknown Rider

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
    Nice one #1.

You were looking bloody good out there, a huge change from the first day of the season.

So you're going to be my competition next year...shit...need to make bike go faster.
    HAHAHAH the first day of the season - fuck yeah I was sooo slow!

Some twat came up to me and told me watched your vid on youtube...you are slow my wife and I were laughing, I told her you are her competition so she's gonna come along and waste you all.....never did see this mysterious woman. Never did see that dork again either

BTW - I don't think you have anything to worry about! You and Frankie go past me like a rocket

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Good on you my dear friend, I am so proud and happy for you!!
    It's been a pleasure racing with you and seeing you getting faster and faster all season, even if it did mean I was fodder for your passing practice but it's all good, you always passed me nicely and never tried to take me out even when I was being a bitch and purposely blocking you!!
    So up to A Grade for you show those boys what the girls do, one day I may join you there!
    Go hard chick You Rock

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Good on ya Number One. You really deserved the most improved female (even the crashes are getting better )

See if I can catch up to you next year eh?

Bike
    TF125
    Good stuff chick.

Just be mindful of who you tell "I came number two's on by bucket". Non-biker types might try to have you commited.

Thread Information