Page 5 of 214 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    The Mental Gixxa Sem Fiddy
    So it on for Sunday morning then? Will be good to do a w.e ride, the weds night rides are/were good but after work somtimes all one wants to do is sleep, eat, sleep, eat then ride to work again....
    For mine is the suffering, and the power, and the glory, two wheels for ever and ever, amen.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by mister.koz View Post
    Bloody cool road, i am sure i would get lost (damn shame) trying to go the same way by myself.
    Don't worry about getting lost out there - I deliberately try to get lost out there and have always found my way back eventually......

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    So it on for Sunday morning then? Will be good to do a w.e ride, the weds night rides are/were good but after work somtimes all one wants to do is sleep, eat, sleep, eat then ride to work again....
    Yeah mate we will be out if the weather isn't nasty - entirely subjective of course.

Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Don't worry about getting lost out there - I deliberately try to get lost out there and have always found my way back eventually......
    It certainly is a nice road, although marbly stones on one 30km corner wasn't quite as much fun as the rest of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The price of biking is eternal vigilance. Switch off for a second and the bastard will bite you.
    You can't save the fallen, direct the lost or motivate the lazy.

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyFZ1 View Post
    Cheers for the company guys.
    Had a great ride, even if i did lead you all into the shit weather.
    Hopefully the roads will be dry the next time out.
    I really enjoyed meeting you. Next time I will have to pick your brains on tips to getting the front wheel up

Bike
    CRF250R '07
    have to say that wheelie with the xr6 falcoon was hilariously awesome!!! mainly awesome. (hmm sits and dreams of a bigger bike)
    **Insert Signature Here**

Bike
    CRF250R '07
    oh and just to say as well.. was a little ify about coming out with people i didnt know, but ur all great and a laugh so im glad a came.

fingers crossed for nice weather..
    **Insert Signature Here**

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by munta2001 View Post
    oh and just to say as well.. was a little ify about coming out with people i didnt know, but ur all great and a laugh so im glad a came.

fingers crossed for nice weather..
    Yeah bro, was good meetin you too
    The price of biking is eternal vigilance. Switch off for a second and the bastard will bite you.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Forecast is showers maybe so I think we look at a route with plenty of good long straights. Which is great for confidence and getting experience and just plain cruising. So my suggestion is Up Te rapa straight, right into wairere drive, out to Gordonton Road, turn right then left and all the way down Puketaha road then right and through to Morrinsville. Turn left just after Morrinsville down Horrell road, turn right at Haumia road straight ahead through the highway, turn left at end, right at wiseman road, left at Otway road, left at end then right onto Paeroa/tahuna road. at end turn right to Te Aroha. take the straight road from Te Aroha to Matamata (Stanley Road South), then back up the highway turn left at morrinsville turn off, back to morrinsville and home (Te Rapa Tavern??). Probably about 160-180 km ride.

Any thoughts??? And if the weathers real shitty, should we look at doing it Monday as the forecast is better???

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Forecast is showers maybe so I think we look at a route with plenty of good long straights. Which is great for confidence and getting experience and just plain cruising. So my suggestion is Up Te rapa straight, right into wairere drive, out to Gordonton Road, turn right then left and all the way down Puketaha road then right and through to Morrinsville. Turn left just after Morrinsville down Horrell road, turn right at Haumia road straight ahead through the highway, turn left at end, right at wiseman road, left at Otway road, left at end then right onto Paeroa/tahuna road. at end turn right to Te Aroha. take the straight road from Te Aroha to Matamata (Stanley Road South), then back up the highway turn left at morrinsville turn off, back to morrinsville and home (Te Rapa Tavern??). Probably about 160-180 km ride.

Any thoughts??? And if the weathers real shitty, should we look at doing it Monday as the forecast is better???
    Sounds good to me. You can count me in as a confirmed.
    As long as there are at least some twisties (as in the roads) that is all good by me.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Theres 2 ways from Te Aroha to Matamata, I suggest you take the other way. Alternatively you can take the back road from Matamata back to Morrinsville. thats a pretty good one, however probably which ways you go may depend on the weather, I like the straights if its wet.

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    The weekend rides are good for me too. After work I am straight home to give my wife a break from the kids and then it is tea and off to bed so not much chance of riding then.

Theres 2 ways from Te Aroha to Matamata, I suggest you take the other way. Alternatively you can take the back road from Matamata back to Morrinsville. thats a pretty good one, however probably which ways you go may depend on the weather, I like the straights if its wet.
    Ok. Depending on who turns up we could split the group at Te Aroha and rejoin in Matamata?

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Cool Banannas. Stops for ciggies etc Morrinsville, Te Aroha, Matamata, Morrinsville???

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil
    Cool Banannas. Stops for ciggies etc Morrinsville, Te Aroha, Matamata, Morrinsville???
    Hehe, you can't go for long without one?

It's been 3 weeks for me

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Hi All. Just getting a rough count for this ride on the 26/10

So far I think we have Murray, wysper (me), Mr Koz, Munta and MJ making 5.
    If anyone else is coming can they post a reply here. I think Murray needs a good indication of numbers.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    And Squid I think???

Thread Information