Page 103 of 214 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3197

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Zook 1981 GS850 and 1983 GN250
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Just a bit of a heads up - so far looks like 4 going to starship, Mr Kiz, Geeen, Silentninja and myself (I am sure some will come on the day) meeting at the new Honda shop 9.30 am. I actually want to go to see all the bikes, I bet theres heaps!!!!

Following week theres still discussion on coro loop and the LOL ride is going ahead. This will mostly be around town with some 80k areas a a bit of 100k stuff but on quiet roads and through some intersections (practise for new riders) but not to far away from Hamilton at any stage.

It was sort of arranged that afterwards we (me and Trina) would do a simple BBQ which anyone who has ridden with us this year is welcome to attend. (both LOL and the other group where-ever they may end up going to).We will provide food and soft drink and bring your own alcohol (that way you don't have to bring Waikato). This will be about 4.30ish-5.00ish and if you want to use the pool or spa's thats fine so bring your kids if you want. I will however need an idea of numbers by about Thursday next week at the latest.

I am sorry it conflicts with Geeens birthday party, but we can always leave the BBQ and go and raid his fridge afterwards.
    At this stage we will be there Murray for the LOL ride and BBQ
    Safely

Bike
    Has anyone heard how Dave is?? Has he pushed Trina off your bike Murray for Sundays ride to Starship
    Safely

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Oh yeah...perhaps you guys can help me out..

I am working on a new manoeuvre to avoid small dogs or animals ... Below is what i have so far ..

If any of you find a good way to complete this move please let me know..

Are you the one trying to comlete the move in the front or are you the filmer (3rd bike)? If you're the first bike, you have most of the technique down, all I would suggest is the golden rule of motorcycling...drop your shoulder into it. That should get you around fast enough. Although you may get a little scuff on your lid (you didn't bounce enough on the wheels first - see below).

If you are the 3rd bike (filmer), what I do is the simple "bunny-hop". Don't let poeple tell you the extra weight of the motorbike means it can't be done. They're lying. Just push with your knees and up she pops, right over any obstacle in your way. It's really quite simple. I try to encourage more poeple to try it. Most of the time it's easier than the method the first rider is using, but it too has it's place i.e. for small sticks.

Hope this helps and remember to practice.

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by jmk View Post
    Has anyone heard how Dave is?? Has he pushed Trina off your bike Murray for Sundays ride to Starship
    From what i hear he's doin ok, just the first days back at home

Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    Are you the one trying to comlete the move in the front or are you the filmer (3rd bike)? If you're the first bike, you have most of the technique down, all I would suggest is the golden rule of motorcycling...drop your shoulder into it. That should get you around fast enough. Although you may get a little scuff on your lid (you didn't bounce enough on the wheels first - see below).

If you are the 3rd bike (filmer), what I do is the simple "bunny-hop". Don't let poeple tell you the extra weight of the motorbike means it can't be done. They're lying. Just push with your knees and up she pops, right over any obstacle in your way. It's really quite simple. I try to encourage more poeple to try it. Most of the time it's easier than the method the first rider is using, but it too has it's place i.e. for small sticks.

Hope this helps and remember to practice.
    Trying to promote Darwin's theory of "survival of the fittest" or simply testing out the new theory by an un-named psychologist "demise of the stupidest" ??

In saying that, i just drove (yeah car) home to pick up my phone charger and on the way back i saw a VERY nice R1 the dude had a stylie hjc helmet with a tinted visor, shorts, t-shirt and jandols, other protective clothing included a metal watch and a chunky ring on one hand. Most impressed!

Considering the completely mad drivers lately (am i more aware since being on a bike or have people got worse on the road?) i would have thought the more gear the better but hey i know enough to know that i know very little at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The price of biking is eternal vigilance. Switch off for a second and the bastard will bite you.
    You can't save the fallen, direct the lost or motivate the lazy.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mister.koz View Post
    In saying that, i just drove (yeah car) home to pick up my phone charger and on the way back i saw a VERY nice R1 the dude had a stylie hjc helmet with a tinted visor, shorts, t-shirt and jandols, other protective clothing included a metal watch and a chunky ring on one hand. Most impressed!

Considering the completely mad drivers lately (am i more aware since being on a bike or have people got worse on the road?) i would have thought the more gear the better but hey i know enough to know that i know very little at all
    Yes well yesterday I was shocked to see a couple on a bike (not sure what sort LOL) but he had right gear on she had little skimpy shorts and singlet top on and jandals (well some of you boys might of thought she had the right gear on !!!!) Oh I guess she had a helmet on to protect the pretty face pity the body wouldnt of been protected!!!
    Safely

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by jmk View Post
    Saw him yesterday and hes all good and fizzing to get back on a bike! Talked about pillioning him but he can't get any protective gear (jacket) on so hes out from being on a bike until end of January. He's now talking up a green ninja 250 so he can keep up with Bryce but I wasn't sure whether the morphine was still having side affects?????

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Saw him yesterday and hes all good and fizzing to get back on a bike! Talked about pillioning him but he can't get any protective gear (jacket) on so hes out from being on a bike until end of January. He's now talking up a green ninja 250 so he can keep up with Bryce but I wasn't sure whether the morphine was still having side affects?????
    You mean green as in GREEN
    Safely

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Green as in "green is good" a la Mr Koz

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    jeezz its all happening this weekend.!!Goodnews/badnews/good news scenario's

Bad news - can not make starship run - bah humbug

good news - Birthday bunny has come and off to Road and Sport with pocket full of vouchers (not from Trina either- she still owes me)

good news - Te Rapa tavern sent me $30 bar voucher for B'day

good news Trina booked in with Pass-rite for license test this Sunday.

Hope you all have a good ride Sunday

cheers

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil
    Well i have to lend:
    • xl leather jacket not armoured
    • xl armoured pants - cheap but save yer skin
    • size 12 leather boots - cheap but not too bad
    • xl sports gloves with armoured knuckles etc etc

So if dave needs them he is welcome to borrow although they may be a bit roomie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The price of biking is eternal vigilance. Switch off for a second and the bastard will bite you.
    You can't save the fallen, direct the lost or motivate the lazy.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Trying to promote Darwin's theory of "survival of the fittest" or simply testing out the new theory by an un-named psychologist "demise of the stupidest" ??
    I'm not saying nuffin'

jeezz its all happening this weekend.!!Goodnews/badnews/good news scenario's

Bad news - can not make starship run - bah humbug

good news - Birthday bunny has come and off to Road and Sport with pocket full of vouchers (not from Trina either- she still owes me)

good news - Te Rapa tavern sent me $30 bar voucher for B'day

good news Trina booked in with Pass-rite for license test this Sunday.

Hope you all have a good ride Sunday

cheers
    Holy shit your subtle I don't care how subtle you are, Fraggle will not give you a birthday kiss!

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Are you sure??Get a few 'katos into fraggle and who knows.... By the way murray, its no skin off my nose bout th 21st. I'll still be around when your beer runs out
    It's all Shits and Giggles until someone Giggles and Shits

Bike
    Had to sell it, damn kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    Holy shit your subtle I don't care how subtle you are, Fraggle will not give you a birthday kiss!
    It's alright Murray, I'll give ya a birthday kiss, Cameron's just stinjy. And if Trina won't hit me

Happy Birthday
    Were are those winning numbers for lotto again..... Having to sell all your toys sucks

Bike
    currently bikeless
    Well i have to lend:
    • xl leather jacket not armoured
    • xl armoured pants - cheap but save yer skin
    • size 12 leather boots - cheap but not too bad
    • xl sports gloves with armoured knuckles etc etc

So if dave needs them he is welcome to borrow although they may be a bit roomie
    Hey thanks for the offer, Daves got lots of spear gear he should be ok Will definatly yell out if theres something missing though

Insurance is getting him a new leather suit, gloves and helmet. Hes being paid out for the bike so its shopping again in a month or so woohoo

Yea he mentiond a 250 ninja for me so he can ride my bike hehe but we all know how dave mentions things every 5mins LOL!!!
    I didnt slap you....I high-fived you in the face

Bike
    yamaha FZR-R EXUP, 1989
    So is anything on the entertainment schedule for saturday.

Thread Information