Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Whatawhata MX Track [Close to Hamilton] - Pics, Info

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    yeah, pretty sure Pat would be fine with that, its just a donation kind of track, no open hours etc. Bit of a long haul from Auckland though isnt it?

Bike
    Changes Weekly
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_power View Post
    yeah, pretty sure Pat would be fine with that, its just a donation kind of track, no open hours etc. Bit of a long haul from Auckland though isnt it?
    what sort of terrain is it there?? are there some decent jumps like kimmys or is there only a couple, with heaps of straights and corners. cheers.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcr250 View Post
    what sort of terrain is it there?? are there some decent jumps like kimmys or is there only a couple, with heaps of straights and corners. cheers.
    well iv shown the best i can in the pics... the jumps are bigger than they appear in the pics. its clay.

one straight, one drop, couple tabletops, couple step ups, one jump over a ditch, an off camber bit which has caught a few people out so far, bermed corners...

put it this way... in my opinion its worth the trip out from ngaras.

Bike
    crf250
    i have to say when i went during the week it was mint the owner is a crack up so lets not piss him off and use common sense and we will have a mint place to ride

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF450 injected
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_power View Post

Cool will rock down sometime and look. Nowhere to ride up here monday and tuesday's so anywhere is good haha

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    sweet dude. have fun.

Bike
    crf250
    track was mint today good jumps but i kept wipen out on the downhill bloody useless front tyre other wise was good day will have to look at my bike had a few teething problems but will get it sorted all in all a bloody good day

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    haha my mate threw his kx off there... snapped plastics and bars haha... gotta love the downhill drop. do you do the little jump over the track after the drop?

Bike
    1993 Kawasaki KDX250+93 Suzuki GSX1100G
    Went for a spin there today with CR125NZ and Dafydd Roberts - really enjoyed it, couple of gnarly little uphills
    and heaps of cool little jumps!Some off cambers which I found a bit different just after a shower. There is one cool jump on a downhill just before a left hand bend which is tricky -the jump is all good but not much time for braking before the corner!My brakes dont work too good in the air lol- But I loved it all and will be returning soon.The owner Pat is a hearty fellow and has a really nice attitude. Good spot - cheers honda_power for letting us know.
    Whether you think you can or cant - you will always be right.

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    I noticed this morning some fucker has pinched the tyre off the fence on the main road again.. So just look for the stonewood homes sign. Thinking about hitting it monday, see yaz out there.

Bike
    04 KTM 125SX, 2011 155Z Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by telliman View Post
    haha, is that the 60-80 foot step up you talked about?
    Sorry but were is this 60-80 footer? looked through the pix but cant see it?
    If a man is walking in a forest and no women is there to hear him is he still wrong?

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Quote Originally Posted by Teava View Post
    Sorry but were is this 60-80 footer? looked through the pix but cant see it?
    Nah mate as i said in a previous post if it was a tabletop it would be big, but it is a step up so its probably only 35-40ft, ya land at the top of your arc so i was just estimating the distance if it was a jump on flat ground, i hit it in 3rd or 4th on the 450 and land right up the hill, hitting it harder than i hit a 60ft jump at another track i ride. Come and see for your self man its great fun!! The pic's don't do the steepness of the hill any justice, ya can't really hit this jump too hard, well maybe ya can, i will try this weekend

Bike
    04 KTM 125SX, 2011 155Z Pit Bike
    Thanks for clearing that up mate
    If a man is walking in a forest and no women is there to hear him is he still wrong?

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Quote Originally Posted by Teava View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up mate
    Sweet, I will try and get some better pic's for you guys this weekend.
    Maybe duct tape my digi cam on and hit that jump..

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by raglanash View Post
    Sweet, I will try and get some better pic's for you guys this weekend.
    Maybe duct tape my digi cam on and hit that jump..

ill most prob be there monday... ill do the camera dutys.

Fucking wankers taking the fucked tyres... ill bring another one and cut the bead off it haha

Thread Information