Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Whatawhata MX Track [Close to Hamilton] - Pics, Info

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by theblacksmith View Post
    Went for a spin there today with CR125NZ and Dafydd Roberts - really enjoyed it, couple of gnarly little uphills
    and heaps of cool little jumps!Some off cambers which I found a bit different just after a shower. There is one cool jump on a downhill just before a left hand bend which is tricky -the jump is all good but not much time for braking before the corner!My brakes dont work too good in the air lol- But I loved it all and will be returning soon.The owner Pat is a hearty fellow and has a really nice attitude. Good spot - cheers honda_power for letting us know.
    no worries dude

Bike
    1993 Kawasaki KDX250+93 Suzuki GSX1100G
    Quote Originally Posted by raglanash View Post
    I noticed this morning some fucker has pinched the tyre off the fence on the main road again.. So just look for the stonewood homes sign. Thinking about hitting it monday, see yaz out there.
    Fk sum 1 must be desperate for a tyre! I might drill a few holes in an oldie and plonk it by the fence next time Im there.
    Whether you think you can or cant - you will always be right.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by theblacksmith View Post
    Fk sum 1 must be desperate for a tyre! I might drill a few holes in an oldie and plonk it by the fence next time Im there.
    allready beat you 2 it lol... cut the the bead of an old one of mine. ill put it up sun or mon. This is the second one someones nicked... and they were both fucked...

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    still going monday?

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_power View Post
    still going monday?
    Thats the plan, still a bit wet there today i'd say.. Lunch time ish tomorrow.

Bike
    L0 RMZ250, Aprilia RS250/SuperMono673
    We rode this track on Monday, would of gone to Kimmys but they refused to open all weekend.

Pat is a good bloke, thinks us skinny white pakeha fullas are crazy!

I dont think ill go back unless alot more work goes into the track, needs more jumps, could do with being wider in some parts and isnt really big enough if alot of people show up. Might be ok if your local but we didnt think it was worth our 2hr drive from West Auckland.

Wasnt all negative though, $10 is cheap for a days riding. Its only early days, the digger was excavating and building tables and stuff while we were there. Interested to see pics of the place in a month or so.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    We rode this track on Monday, would of gone to Kimmys but they refused to open all weekend.

I dont think ill go back unless alot more work goes into the track, needs more jumps, could do with being wider in some parts and isnt really big enough if alot of people show up. Might be ok if your local but we didnt think it was worth our 2hr drive from West Auckland.

Wasnt all negative though, $10 is cheap for a days riding. Its only early days, the digger was excavating and building tables and stuff while we were there. Interested to see pics of the place in a month or so.

Yeah, theres gonna be a triple over those 2 tables that were being built when we left, ill get him to chuck a jump or something up on the top flat bit as well, maybe build a few berms up, but they are starting to rut up nicely and you dont really need them

Bike
    SOLD, looking for a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post

ohh was that you leaving just as me and my dad got there?? with the ute?

its a pretty cool track, quite steep though! should be mint with a few more jumps tho!!
    My choice is what I choose to do,
    And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you.

Bike
    L0 RMZ250, Aprilia RS250/SuperMono673
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwood View Post
    ohh was that you leaving just as me and my dad got there?? with the ute?

its a pretty cool track, quite steep though! should be mint with a few more jumps tho!!

Yeah that was me with the other 2 guys in the ute.

If you keep riding that track, report back on here when they have added some more jumps and the corners start berming up!

Bike
    kx250f,kx125
    Is any one going this sunday? Trailer can hold one more bike if that helps anyone..

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by xxblackbirdxx View Post
    Is any one going this sunday? Trailer can hold one more bike if that helps anyone..
    sunday is slater park [huntly] club day, most people will be going to that. ill be there tomorow... anyone heading out?

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Fucking tyre is gone again.... It had a big hole in it this time and still it dissapears...

Bike
    Sandpit 2 Smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by raglanash View Post
    Fucking tyre is gone again.... It had a big hole in it this time and still it dissapears...
    Its got to be a neighbour, one of those anti bike people. Just keep putting it back, maybe with a cheap padlock and then if it disappears you know they are serious.

It costs about $5 to get rid of a tyre these days so do a deal with your local tyre shop. Put one tyre out every day and you could make easy as pocket money

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktmboy View Post
    Its got to be a neighbour, one of those anti bike people. Just keep putting it back, maybe with a cheap padlock and then if it disappears you know they are serious.

It costs about $5 to get rid of a tyre these days so do a deal with your local tyre shop. Put one tyre out every day and you could make easy as pocket money
    Haha not a bad idea, yeah i'm pickin it's a neighbour as well, the tyre was good for fuck all so can't see any other reason other that they don't like bikes up there.. Nevermind as long as our old mate Pat is happy then it's on.
    If anyones going just look for the stonewood homes sign on the corner instead.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    im pretty sure its the johnsons taking them... its their fence, and they are posh, horsey pricks. either that or someones fucking with us. meh. everyone knows where it is now

Thread Information