Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Whatawhata MX Track [Close to Hamilton] - Pics, Info

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250

Whatawhata MX Track [Close to Hamilton] - UPDATED + MORE PICS

Gidday,

Finally got around to updating this post.

Alot has happened on the track for those who havn't been there for a while, or ever. The other day Pat brought a tracscovator, and a lot has happened since.

-There has been novice tracks added around the whole loop alongside the real loop - its much shorter and easier - perfect for the kids or the missus.
    -The corners have bermed amd rutted up thanks to the likes of pros such as Jessie Wiki and Chris Singleton visiting 3 times or so a week. It is now much, much faster. Not to mention us adding a few berms here and there.
    - A track has been added out the back - has nothing on it atm, we have big plans for it.
    -There are now more jumps, and some have been enlarged.
    -Some sections have been widened.
    -There is now proper sign in forms and a booth thing to fill them out.

We are now in the process of building a large jump. Should be done very soon. Check photos for a look.

The track is located on Heddon Rd just out of Whatawhata, going towards Raglan. There is now no tyre on the Main Rd fence, due to a shitty farmer removing them. Its a $10 Donation.

Dont go there expecting an extremly wide, smooth track. This track is very steep for a mx track, and not smooth, but tbh I prefer to ride harder terrain rather than smooth fast tracks. Its ridable, but very tricky in the wet. Be careful on the drop.

The track owners a good guy... doesnt care when you turn up.

Hope to see you out there.

More pics 1st post on page 4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRF Drain Honda_Power.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	114732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRF Drop Honda_Power.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	114733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRF Hill.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	273.5 KB 
ID:	114734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRF Step Up Honda_Power.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	234.7 KB 
ID:	114735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRF Whip Honda_Power.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	114736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drop.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	318.8 KB 
ID:	114737  

Bike
    1993 Kawasaki KDX250+93 Suzuki GSX1100G
    Hey cheers mate - its shouting out for a visit. How long is the track approx and is it all good to go for a ride after work? Thanks in advance.
    Whether you think you can or cant - you will always be right.

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF450 injected
    Yeah is this rideable during week days?

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    That step up is the shit eh!! Really good fun hitting that, ya gotta hit it pretty hard though, shit it would be a good 60-80 footer if it was a tabletop, love it!! I think Pat would be sweet with guys there during the week, I don't know about after work though, you would have to ask him, I wouldn't want bikes there if i was trying to eat my dinner and watch the news..
    I think we have to be really aware of stuff like that, respect his space and property, like when it's dusty and blowing all over his new house(when its finished) use our brains and fuck off. Sould be sweet on any wind but northerlies.
    Need to have a good talk to him and just see what he is cool with, think it needs some basic rules and hours of operation out there to put with the sign on sheet if it is going to get used by alot of randoms, I can just see some dick hooning up the gravel road, pissing Pat off and fucking it for everyone and its such a sweet handy spot we wouldn't want that. Can't see anyone on here doing that but the potential is definitly there.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by raglanash View Post
    That step up is the shit eh!! Really good fun hitting that, ya gotta hit it pretty hard though, shit it would be a good 60-80 footer if it was a tabletop, love it!! I think Pat would be sweet with guys there during the week, I don't know about after work though, you would have to ask him, I wouldn't want bikes there if i was trying to eat my dinner and watch the news..
    I think we have to be really aware of stuff like that, respect his space and property, like when it's dusty and blowing all over his new house(when its finished) use our brains and fuck off. Sould be sweet on any wind but northerlies.
    Need to have a good talk to him and just see what he is cool with, think it needs some basic rules and hours of operation out there to put with the sign on sheet if it is going to get used by alot of randoms, I can just see some dick hooning up the gravel road, pissing Pat off and fucking it for everyone and its such a sweet handy spot we wouldn't want that. Can't see anyone on here doing that but the potential is definitly there.
    yeah. pats pretty sweet with it as far is i know... they wanna sell food there now haha. and that jump over the drain before the step up is done... 2 jumps in a row now ... tracks not THAT long... it would be no good with 30 bikes on it... but its decent length, and iv been there 5-6 times, going back this weekend and im not bored with it yet.

Bike
    cr250f
    haha, is that the 60-80 foot step up you talked about?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_power View Post
    yeah. pats pretty sweet with it as far is i know... they wanna sell food there now haha. and that jump over the drain before the step up is done... 2 jumps in a row now ... tracks not THAT long... it would be no good with 30 bikes on it... but its decent length, and iv been there 5-6 times, going back this weekend and im not bored with it yet.
    Hi mate- has Pat got a number so I can contact him to see what his rules and regs are? - if you dont want to put it up on here (understandable) PM me-thanks

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by theblacksmith View Post
    Hi mate- has Pat got a number so I can contact him to see what his rules and regs are? - if you dont want to put it up on here (understandable) PM me-thanks
    nah, his house is being built at the moment, hes living in a caravan in a shed at the moment, so no phone. Theres not really any rules and regs, its a "$10 donation" track, basically to avoid the whole tax thing, so bring $10 along, and sign the paper that basically states if you get hurt its not their fault. Just turn up and say the "Fast Skinny White Cunt" told you about it. haha. He knows iv told people about it over the net, hes cool with it.

Btw... when you go there, go have a chat with him, hes a bloody funny dude.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by telliman View Post
    theres no 60-80 foot step up, ash said it would be 60-80ft if it was a tabletop. Cant be to extreme, dont want amatures trying stuff theyr not up to.

Bike
    Btw... when you go there, go have a chat with him, hes a bloody funny dude.[/QUOTE]

Cool mate - we will - thanks.

Bike
    If someone gets more info on this track please post up on here so we all know. PEACE

Bike
    2009 Honda CRF 450
    Quote Originally Posted by telliman View Post
    Nah it would be a good 60-80 if it was a tabletop, ya can smash it hard in 3rd on the 450, then gas it up before you land and fly up the hill, its way steeper than it looks in the pic's it's awesome fun, good to hit a jump hard like that and it's safe as. Good for the confidence and getting used to hitting jumps hard, went to another track on the weekend and hit a 60ft tabletop and a 55-60ft triple with my new found balls.. Lovin it. Pats track is good for the skills, its no smooth ride and has some off camber stuff to keep you awake. Yeah Pats a top man, he'll yarn with ya till the cows come home, plenty of tales to be told..

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by raglanash View Post
    Nah it would be a good 60-80 if it was a tabletop, ya can smash it hard in 3rd on the 450, then gas it up before you land and fly up the hill, its way steeper than it looks in the pic's it's awesome fun, good to hit a jump hard like that and it's safe as. Good for the confidence and getting used to hitting jumps hard, went to another track on the weekend and hit a 60ft tabletop and a 55-60ft triple with my new found balls.. Lovin it. Pats track is good for the skills, its no smooth ride and has some off camber stuff to keep you awake. Yeah Pats a top man, he'll yarn with ya till the cows come home, plenty of tales to be told..
    heh heh, more than plenty... he could go on for days haha. yeah the pics dont quite do the the track justice... it looks tame in the pics. i have more, but due the 2 sec delay on the camera, they all suck. yeah even my 250 clears it no problems, now theres a jump right before it (you can see a little unshaped pile of dirt in the pics over a culvert) so i dunno how my 250 will manage that.

The guy that built it was there, at some point hes gonna put an alternative route around that hill for people like ur missus.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce View Post
    If someone gets more info on this track please post up on here so we all know. PEACE
    i have all the info you need. what have i missed out/do you need to know? No-one else apart from raglanash has been there... it was only built a few weeks ago, and only my mates and I and the people we have told have been there... so no-one really knows about it yet, which is the reason im posting it here now

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_power View Post
    i have all the info you need. what have i missed out/do you need to know? No-one else apart from raglanash has been there... it was only built a few weeks ago, and only my mates and I and the people we have told have been there... so no-one really knows about it yet, which is the reason im posting it here now
    Is it only ok to ride here on weekends or weekdays too?

Thread Information