Thread: First day 4 points for ashhurst boyz

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10

First day 4 points for ashhurst boyz

Well all interesting today.

The boy decided last night that he wanted a go on the back of the bike so a plan was formed and with the weather playing ball we kitted up and headed down to the Ashhurst mobil at 8.45am this morning.

We left at 9.00am! On time. Headed out through the gorge with Bonez, Meanie, Monie, Yod, NZSarge, Horse and Ferris in tow. Pretty quiet run as I am getting used to the new tyres I put on yesterday and having a pillion on and Harley is getting used to being on the back.
    Turned up through Balance and on to Piahutua. Everyone still together so we headed on out towards Alfredton. Magic road out this way and the group spread out with everyone doing their own thing. We wanted to make Lake Ferry in good time so stops were kept to a minimum.
    Got used to the setup of the bike quickly and before long we were falling nicely into a groove with NZSarge, Yod and Ferris.
    Stopped out the back of Masterton for a smoke stop and regroup at 10am.
    10.30am we headed off following Meanie and the GPS. Found out the GPS has a sense of humour and took us on a little tiki tour before telling us to turn around and go back again. At some stage around here we thought Bonez had headed for home as he said he may not do the full trip. It was all good as everyone was doing their own thing. Found some pretty good roads all the same and eventually found our way to Martinbourgh for a fuel stop at 11.30am. ($1.95.9/l, 13.54L $26.52) While refueling Bonez showed up with a grin from ear to ear. He had found a playground of his own.
    11.54am We headed for the last stretch to Lake Ferry to pick up a card.
    12.15pm The 8 of us pulled up to Lake Ferry Hotel. Had a drink and got the cards sorted. I drew the 2 of hearts. Only the first card so wont read too much into it just yet. Lined all the bikes up for a photo shoot. Came out awesome too.
    12.56pm Headed back up the line heading for the rimutakas. Was really looking forward to a good run over but the trip up the eastern side turned into a bit of a flop. Cars and trucks were getting in the way everywhere. Stopped at the top for a bit of a breather to see if we could find a gap in the traffic.
    1.45pm we had enough of watching the traffic go by so headed down the hill. I followed NZSarge down and over the Haywards. Magic run right through with really solid riding. By now it was discovered that Yods front tyre was a little past its used by date (read, Fucked) so he was in pootle mode and left Sarge, Ferris and I to it.
    2.15pm we stopped for a regroup at the end of the haywards to meet us with sels1 and his boy out on a joy ride. Also found out Horse was having trouble with the final drive on the HD. Bugger. Meanie decided to wait for Bonez who was still with Horse as the rest of us carried on to make our lunch inviation. The pootle round the bay was very scenic and magic road for cruising.
    2.45pm We arrived at Ruthie and Gareths. They were very keen to see the bikes and Meanies GPS redeemed itself after earlier in the day and Bonez and Meanie showed up a little after. Horse was sorted with a truck to truck the truck away so we sat down in the wellington sun for a natter and bit of a feed. The youngen was very excited to hop on the bikes and have his picture taken. It was noted how happy he was to sit on the 9, giggled like a school boy sitting on the blackbird, made brrrrm brrrm noises sitting on the concours but when asked if he wanted to sit on the triumph it came with a stern NO, as he pointed to the GB. Have to watch that kid cause I can see him growing up with a long beard and a tasteful attraction to gravel. After that he did sit on the triumph and realised it wasnt so bad.
    4pm and we waved goodbye and headed up the main road to Otaki. The traffic was horrible and really hard to split. A regroup for fuel ($1.86.9/l, 12.68l $23.70) and a fairly quiet run home. Refueled in Ashhurst just to top the tank up ($1.94.9/l 5.89l $11.48)
    5.58pm and pulled into my driveway. End of day one. 4 more to go.

463km
    $61.70 in fuel
    8 hours 56 mins

Spent the even discusing the day over a BBQ at the Yods. Great way to spend a day. It was fantastic to have so many out all doing their own thing.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
    but when asked if he wanted to sit on the triumph it came with a stern NO
    I can relate to that. Still frightens me with just how good it looks!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    I can relate to that. Still frightens me with just how good it looks!
    It's a pearler alright Ferris. But your back was dirtier than girls mud wrestling......

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    You're not wrong Bonez!

Bike
    GSX-R600K3
    Sounds awesome Lance. Hope the rest of your tiki tour goes well.
    Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

Thread Information