• the ride only coz i like riding

3 11.11%
  • the barbie only coz i like eating and drinking

4 14.81%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Year Ride and BBQ - 21 November 08

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    He only needs to know for the food, and I'm sure you can come to the barbie anyway right?

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    Oh...

Well it's safer to divide the groups into 'slow' and 'fast' based not only on bike cc but greatly experience, than it is to ride in one big group with a mix of speeds, experience, and attitudes

Of course its safer to divide it up into smaller more managable groups, however theres an interesting wee tale on the experience angle, however much searching has failed to reveal the post to which i refer... I'll have to tell you sometime, its to do with levels of experience and whether you consciously react to things or if you do so subconsciously. Many fall into a trap and ride outside their subconscious abilities and thats when the shit can hit the fan.

I pick at the word slow as the 'slow' group often catches up to the 'fast' group because someone had a booboo

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    of course she can. girls can go any where, any time. Espessially those that ride flashy mint looking GSX-Rs.

Am I Right Nish ?
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Yes, and it's pronounced AMIRITE?!

Bike
    gixxer 600 aka "little rie"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    I'm sure you could let him know on the day, a minute before the ride.
    amen, brother.

Bike
    Too many to count
    i'll be keen - but saturday is preferable

as for groups i'll be doing my own pace regardless - 110 max: get out of my way on the twisties or make sure you get a good lead when you wheelie past at 250kph.

Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    I thought it would be nice to have people to have a photo of their own in action. Sertainly not a bin one like me.

Whenever I took those photos and showed to the ones, no one complained.

It was an idea...
    what squigs is saying is that whenever people are showing off for the camera, and they will be, they are prone to pushing too far and fucking up big time. you've done it yourself, heck even i've done it in the past (why i don't do wheelies no more)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Shouldn't you always be? Why's it called the 'slow' group though, in my experience they tend to end up ahead of the 'fast' group sooner or later
    because the average speed up until the inevitable accident is higher, so bleh

having a rough time during exams? or offended at you tractor being considered slow?

EDIT: and now i see the second page of posts

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    having a rough time during exams? or offended at you tractor being considered slow?

EDIT: and now i see the second page of posts

nar, i'm cruising, spent a couple of hours in the shed yesterday tearing apart a vtr

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    I'll be keen, but be real keen to have Stephen along.

It's been ages since we've gone for a proper ride, time to unleash the orange beast mate.

Bike
    2004 D-TRACKER, 1997 DT230 LANZA
    Wow this is fast growing thread!!

Btw EJ don't forget we gotta take 0-100m Accerelatioon Vids!!!
    Super Sports Commuter=Super Cub90!!

Land Speed Record holder of stock engine GN250 in NZ 140km/h
    Join The mighty GN250

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    lol i love the smc!!

hey yea trace, you are welcome to just rock up as im sure having one extra bike and stomach to feed won't be too much of an issue!!

and i agree with andrew, if you're gonna be doing dumb shit then please do it when nobody's around so the only person you hurt is yourself....and also i'll make this clear again on the day but "Slow" and "Fast" classifications don't refer to speed (mostly)...they are more for experience and confidence.....learners have in the past thought they were "Fast" like fast eddie, often leading to crashes or the "slow around corners and gunning it on straights" syndrome which is the most fucking annoying thing ever.....do yourself and others a favour and think more deeply than "ooooh i like going fast"
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    from what i remember kim, we have a legally binding contract wherein you offered to purchase my hornet for 2 dozen bottles of a beer of my choice. an offer which i accepted, stating the preferred beer as (cant remember name) the one which cost an excess of 1000 pounds per bottle......oh ross

EDIT: thought it find it here and corrections, the cost of the beer is around 500 pounds per bottle which equates to an excess of $1000NZ per bottle.....so kim, im still waiting for the beers
    Yes I remembered that offer and I am still up for the offer. I have the beer stocked in my secret bunker cool room. Only problem is it is sitting there brand spanking new appreciating in its value as time goes but your Hornet has since done a few thousand km's and got more stone chips than originally so I think it does not reflect the true fair value of our initial offer and acceptance contract.

Quote Originally Posted by HungusMaximist View Post
    I'll be keen, but be real keen to have Stephen along.

It's been ages since we've gone for a proper ride, time to unleash the orange beast mate.
    Just checked I might be able to go this ride (i think i might be sick that day)....I bet that orange bike is still running on a cyclinder. Strange but I see Stevo riding around on the Rd than his TL....
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR600 K7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyer View Post
    He only needs to know for the food, and I'm sure you can come to the barbie anyway right?
    sweet as, yep if i have to work i will be done by 5 at the latest, so should be able to make it

Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    of course she can. girls can go any where, any time. Espessially those that ride flashy mint looking GSX-Rs.
    Damn straight girls can go anywhere any time!

hey yea trace, you are welcome to just rock up as im sure having one extra bike and stomach to feed won't be too much of an issue!!
    sweet thanks man! but am hoping to be able to come on the full coro - as totally keen to ride the whole loop, and sounds like its going to be a big group!

good luck with exams everyone!

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    nar, i'm cruising, spent a couple of hours in the shed yesterday tearing apart a vtr
    and you didn't call me?!

(btw, from what i've done the vtr is a pretty easy bike to work on. just gotta think honda (makes sense) rather than suzuki (convoluted legacy designs)

(protip: radiators should hinge out of way)

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by BANZAI View Post
    Wow this is fast growing thread!!

Btw EJ don't forget we gotta take 0-100m Accerelatioon Vids!!!
    now, keeping in mind what we've said earlier here and in other threads, there isn't much to go wrong here provided we do it with traffic in mind and technically won't be speeding or racing.

i will be bringing my helmet cam btw

Bike
    Yamama
    funny thing is i have no idea who you are yep i'll suss out at least a dozen beers and few saussies depending on numbers

hehe but my memory's horrible (and i mean full on "say something to me now and i wont remember in half an hour" bad) only bikers i remember owing beers to is grahameeboy and phurrball and the only reason i remember that's coz graham gave me leather pants that i wear everyday and ross lent me his cycle hehe

i vaguely remember owing someone else some beers but i just cant remember details!! refresh my memory.....maybe knowing your real name would help lol
    O Shit i just checked out your profile and your not even who i thought you were!! Now i could of said nothing and just turned up and drunk your beer and made up some story but would of felt a little guilty
    Ride it like you stole it....

Thread Information