3 11.11%
  • the barbie only coz i like eating and drinking

4 14.81%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Year Ride and BBQ - 21 November 08

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    O Shit i just checked out your profile and your not even who i thought you were!! Now i could of said nothing and just turned up and drunk your beer and made up some story but would of felt a little guilty
    AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's awesome mate!!! ive been racking my brain since you posted tryna figure out who you were!!! good entertainment when you're sitting in front of a computer with a never-ending supply of lectures to memorise (and they tell you not to rote learn)

well like ive said, you are more than welcome to come on the ride and/or barbie!! if i didnt want randoms to turn up i wouldn't have posted an open invite

ill be pming my addy to those who wish to come to just the barbie closer to the date
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 250 2009
    I wanna come, but the last time I tried coro loop was epic fail

and yeah, "we'll go 100 max"...>.> yeah right :P

do you have a maybe answer? or an automatic-corner-machine?! and yea i normally work on fridays. not that it matters since nobody knows who i am (apart from maybe banzai/squiggles), so dont go changing everythin now

Bike
    2004 D-TRACKER, 1997 DT230 LANZA
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakomen View Post
    I wanna come, but the last time I tried coro loop was epic fail

and yeah, "we'll go 100 max"...>.> yeah right :P

do you have a maybe answer? or an automatic-corner-machine?! and yea i normally work on fridays. not that it matters since nobody knows who i am (apart from maybe banzai/squiggles), so dont go changing everythin now
    Um slyers coming to ride as well right?

If you have changed your tyre by then (and possibly handle bar ) then you could possibly come with us. I'll be in slow bunch, I don't mind TEC coz I can't take corner that fast but want to gun the thing on straight (It does go up to 130 remember!! )

But then it's just my nooby opinion, probly every other senior member say nha stay off with it, get another 5000kms with you etcetc...

Do come to SH16 with us sometime at least like 3times before the ride, then you might be able to LOL
    Super Sports Commuter=Super Cub90!!

Land Speed Record holder of stock engine GN250 in NZ 140km/h
    Join The mighty GN250

Bike
    Too many to count
    uh, point of TEC is to pick up those who bin - ie not a newbie

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    I'm fine to be at the rear for the first couple hundred k's or so. I enjoy to cruise the road up to coromandel taking in the scenery etc!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    I'm fine to be at the rear for the first couple hundred k's or so. I enjoy to cruise the road up to coromandel taking in the scenery etc!
    should go tec for fast group (before banzai volunteers ) it's a great opportunity to have a blat without having idiots bum jamming you tryna egg you to go faster or going through a corner and finding an fxr150 doing 50 through that nice little sweeper.....mostly why the slow group eventually catch up

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Quote Originally Posted by bomma View Post
    should go tec for fast group (before banzai volunteers ) it's a great opportunity to have a blat without having idiots bum jamming you tryna egg you to go faster or going through a corner and finding an fxr150 doing 50 through that nice little sweeper.....mostly why the slow group eventually catch up
    Could be a plan

Whatever works!

Bike
    2004 D-TRACKER, 1997 DT230 LANZA
    LOL I see, I thought I could go nuts on straight if I am the last one in group hahaha
    Super Sports Commuter=Super Cub90!!

Land Speed Record holder of stock engine GN250 in NZ 140km/h
    Join The mighty GN250

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    there aint no skill in going fast in a straight line Yui...

Master the cornering, the speed will come by itself later...
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    there aint no skill in going fast in a straight line Yui...
    there is if you're riding a gn250!! fast and gn's are mutually exclusive words unless you're riding twinkle's beast, that's a different story

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR600 K7
    ok, dunno if i want to come now, because i have a few years riding under my belt, and feel confident riding the corners - but all this talk about fast and slow groups - i would have initially opted for the fast group as consider i can ride well enough to do so, but don't want to be the one that is slightly slower and holds the last rider up, and also don't want to be sitting with the learners in the slow group (no offence, because i have been there and had to learn to keep up with my dad on his ZZR pretty damn fast)

Bike
    Yamaha FZX 750 - Mini Vmax
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR Trace View Post
    ok, dunno if i want to come now, because i have a few years riding under my belt, and feel confident riding the corners - but all this talk about fast and slow groups - i would have initially opted for the fast group as consider i can ride well enough to do so, but don't want to be the one that is slightly slower and holds the last rider up, and also don't want to be sitting with the learners in the slow group (no offence, because i have been there and had to learn to keep up with my dad on his ZZR pretty damn fast)
    Haha, you're taking these guys bollocks far too seriously.

Fast group and slow group is utter crock, it really should just be called gorup 1 and group 2. Splitting it into two groups for larger numbers is just an easier way to keep track of numbers and speeds up the whole ride by instead of waiting for say, 20 riders to hit the meet point. You only have to wait for 10.

If you go in the fast group, you won't be holding anyone up. Nor will anyone care. If there's somebody who you think's faster then you behind you, then just pull over and give him the flick with your hand to go past.

If you go in the slow group, you can go as fast as you want, just make sure you know where the next meet point is.

Essentially both groups will probably be sticking together, the faster of the 'slow group' will keep up with the slower of the 'fast group' and everyone will meet up anyway.

Okay.. after riding all my tripe seems i've taken it too seriously too, but anyway, t'is all good. It's a social ride, ride your own ride and all that.
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
    For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
    Because he knows the time is short
    Let him who hath understanding
    Reckon the number of the beast
    For it is a human number
    Its number is six hundred and sixty six.

FOR SALE: '88 Yamaha FZX 750, low k's and decent condition. Looking for around 4.5K. Drop us a pm, view it any time. Oh, and trades considered for cruisers or naked sporties.

Bike
    you've got a bike that has 350cc more than required to be in the fast group!!

lol agree with nagash though, we are all just talking shit trying to scare the little ones it's like when parents tell kids about the boogieman to get them to stay in bed instead of wandering about the whole night and then being tired all day, eventually creating a pattern of self-destruction for the parents wherein they will be kept awake by the little monster all night and then need to work all day to make money and please their bosses......little bastards!! why the hell dont they just stay in bed like they're told to?!?! cause problems for everyone!! i mean is it really that hard!?!?!? annoying little brats....

hope that clears everything up

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR600 K7
    how the hell are us newbees meant to know when you people are serious or talking shit? im a confident rider til i get around you lot talking shit

Bike
    Yamaha FZX 750 - Mini Vmax
    Oh, and to add.

I'll be electing to go in the 'fast group' and i'll be riding a 250cc 10 year old bright yellow cruiser that max's out at 130km/hs and takes for ever and a day to get there.

And what bitches?! I'll waste you on the corners G, if you're not scraping the exhaust on the coro loop you're not trying hard enough..
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
    For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
    Because he knows the time is short
    Let him who hath understanding
    Reckon the number of the beast
    For it is a human number
    Its number is six hundred and sixty six.

FOR SALE: '88 Yamaha FZX 750, low k's and decent condition. Looking for around 4.5K. Drop us a pm, view it any time. Oh, and trades considered for cruisers or naked sporties.

Thread Information