Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martial Art Classes. Bujinkan NZ Ninjutsu.

Bike
    L0 RMZ250, Aprilia RS250/SuperMono673

Martial Art Classes. Bujinkan NZ Ninjutsu.

Bujinkan NZ recently started its newest class in Point Chev Auckland around March 2004.

While Bujinkan has many members throughout NZ, the Pt Chev dojo is quite small with only 3 full time students which peaked to around 5-6 throughout 2004. Our sensei is keen for the class to grow as we all benifit by training with different body shapes, sizes & strengths.

Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu (NINJA).
    Learning Ninjutsu is very different to the usual martial arts such as Karate, Kung Fu, Tai Kwon Do etc etc.....we are not fixed on kicking & punching, it is more self defence as opposed to attacking where you use your attackers strength against them with throws, locks, breaks, grabs, aswell as weapon training right down to a piece of rope and much more. There is no full contact training as this would result in many broken limbs so this is not suited for aggro peope who just wanna get in a fight. There are no sex, age or size restrictions but young kids may have trouble with alot of the techniques and very unfit people may struggle to keep up but otherwise if your interested in a bit of fun and want to learn some neat party tricks you should come along.
    I have only graded to green belt which is one step from white so I am no expert and I would advise you check the site below if you are interested or just come along and see for yourself.

More info at http://carbon.zehym.com/kiwidojos/index.htm

Currently all students at Pt Chev are motorcyclist, we got an R6, KRR150 and a GN250 (and Sensei did have a KR1 but no longer) and thats why I thought id see if any KBers were interested.

Arven has used his break roll technique learnt through Ninjutsu to readily
    avoid injury when he falls off his MX bike so you too may learn something to benifit your riding?!?!

Who? When? Cost? Where?
    Sensei Dion Vuletich Ph: 021 469 948
    Every Wednesday night from 7:00pm - 9:00pm
    First class is free and then regular 2hour classes are $8.
    St Francis Primary School, 2 Montrose Street, Pt Chevalier, Auckland
    (Montrose is off Pt Chevalier Road).

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    anything like this in wellington. would be interested. not that i plan on binning bike....

Bike
    This dojo has a pretty crap site with lots of pop ups so I have noted the critical info for ya.

website http://bujinkan.co.nz/home/
    e-mail bujinkannz@hotmail.com
    Dojo location is Wellington Arts Centre, Oriental Parade.
    Main class is held on Thursdays from 8-10pm.

Let me know if you end up giving it a go, we would possibly end up training togther at an annual seminar at some stage.

Are you sure you dont want to commute to Auckland each Wednesday night?

Bike
    1996 Yamaha SRV250
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic
    Every Wednesday night from 7:00pm - 9:00pm
    Man - I got all the way through the post thinking "Yeah - this would go well with the Lau Gar and Aikizendo training I've had in the past"... and then find out it's on date night. - Sorry.
    Yokai - bendamindaday

Do you know Sensei Ogle? He does some form of Ninjutsu over the Shore.He seems to be my daughters boyfriend and has been living with us since Xmas Eve.He's only 23 or so and his life reads like a pilot for some TV series,a bit mysterious,but he seems a genuine nice guy.I know we have taken him on in our family as one of ours,but he has returned the favour wholeheartedly,putting more into living with us than I would expect.Jason is handy to have around,helping in the big boi racer prang - and late last night I broke a glass in the kitchen,then walked out side...I met him their walking around swinging a stick ''thought I heard a noise'' he said.Nice to have him around in West Auckland...
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    I'm currenlt attending Aikido 4 hours a week - I dont think I could spare anymore time to "angry white pajamas"

Good on ya tho for posting the info.
    Not even with yours!!!

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    I might be tempted to come along, as it's only a couple of blocks away from home. maybe I can get rid of this angst that makes me such an angry Teddy.

Is it in the hall out by the sports fields?
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokai
    Man - I got all the way through the post thinking "Yeah - this would go well with the Lau Gar and Aikizendo training I've had in the past"... and then find out it's on date night. - Sorry.

Sorry mate, I dont follow? Whats date night? As in you have a date on Wednesday.....thats ok cause you can come along the following Wednesday! Or bring your dates sister along, im up for dates!

Bike
    Double post....whooops!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Do you know Sensei Ogle? He does some form of Ninjutsu over the Shore.He seems to be my daughters boyfriend and has been living with us since Xmas Eve.He's only 23 or so and his life reads like a pilot for some TV series,a bit mysterious,but he seems a genuine nice guy.I know we have taken him on in our family as one of ours,but he has returned the favour wholeheartedly,putting more into living with us than I would expect.Jason is handy to have around,helping in the big boi racer prang - and late last night I broke a glass in the kitchen,then walked out side...I met him their walking around swinging a stick ''thought I heard a noise'' he said.Nice to have him around in West Auckland...
    No I have not heard of him, may be from a different dojo.
    By the way, Ninjas generally dont swing sticks around!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    I'm currenlt attending Aikido 4 hours a week - I dont think I could spare anymore time to "angry white pajamas"

Good on ya tho for posting the info.

But wouuldnt you feel more lethal in a black gi?
    No worries, thanks for your comments.

No I have not heard of him, may be from a different dojo.
    By the way, Ninjas generally dont swing sticks around!
    Dunno,I only speak English.

He's got more than one pair of pyjama's.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayy
    I might be tempted to come along, as it's only a couple of blocks away from home. maybe I can get rid of this angst that makes me such an angry Teddy.

Cool!
    Im holding you to it aswell so if you dont show....ya might not want
    to attend the next KB ride or ill have to kick your arse!
    (Naaa, I suck and your bigger than me).

If anyone decides to show up, Id recommend you wear breathable clothing and bring a drink cause its damn hot at the mo. Try to arrive around 6:50 at the latest.

Dont expect too much straight away either, ninjutsu takes time to master so things may seem pretty weak and pissless at the start but eventually get better and feel practical.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayy

Yes its in the hall.

Bike
    1996 Yamaha SRV250
    Sorry mate, I dont follow? Whats date night? As in you have a date on Wednesday.....thats ok cause you can come along the following Wednesday! Or bring your dates sister along, im up for dates!
    Date night is the one night a week where Mrs Y and I put everything off to spend with one another. It's Wednesday nights. Sorry.
    Yokai - bendamindaday

Thread Information