Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Cameras

Bike
    GSX R1000 K7

Question Speed Cameras

Does anyone know if speed cameras photograph the front or rear of a vehicle (or both).
    Only had one camera ticket (in a car), and that was from the front.
    If they only take them from the front, then bikes are sweet,`cos
    our plates are on the back!
    Wishfull thinking....

Ride safe,
    Stormer

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    I've had several speed camera tickets. It all depends on which way the camera is pointing.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    I see in Victoria they are considering having a plate or something on the front of bikes, due to the large numbers of bikes "getting away with it"
    As the LTSA here seem to slavishly follow Vicroads, I suppose theyll try and do it here as well
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    xs400 -

Angry ANYWAY ...

To gather a little more tax eh ?!

THe hand's farster than the eye ... keepan eye onda feet .. .

Bike
    GSX R1000 K7

Lightbulb Fixed camera locations

Found a couple of sites that could be very handy. They point out all the known Fixed Speed Camera Locations (pole mounted), in NZ.

Enter "Fixed speed camera locations in New Zealand".Click on the first one...Fixed Speed Camera Locations in NZ.

Another good one is www.letsgo.to/speedcams/

Good stuff to know when touring out of your known area!

Ride safe,
    Stormer

Bike
    2003 FJR 1300
    You guys have got it lucky at present
    The UK is full of the bloody things, even on the B raods u will find them with no warning, some now can track u over 5 miles and take your averasge speed, if it is above the limtit ya done. Total shit..

only 1 ticket so far doing 97mph on the M1 cost me £270 $900nz and six points, the max is 12 before u loose ya license, and it stays on there for 4 years.. Looking forward to riding at home again

Bike
    Monster S4 R (rogue)
    i was told that in NZ all GASTO aimed only at the front never at the rear.

all the fixed ones i have seen were indeed all from the front.
    Nukles, the therapist -= nz.RogueRiders.mc =-

Bike
    GSXR750 K4

Angry ass about face

It seems to be that way otherwise the pigs have to park facing the wrong way. Which is great on the motorway but not much use on the open road where they can see you.. of course, its nice to get plenty of warning!

As for the UK situation, the biker mags from that part of the world all seem to vindicate sodding off to France if you want to get the most out of your bike. They do the averaging as well but that can be defeated by going like a bat out of hell between cafes and then stopping for 20 minutes for a coffee before passing the next checkpoint.

.. maybe the french are good for something afterall?

Bike
    Monster S4 R (rogue)
    well, we (the French) are a little bit more open to the enjoyment of our motor vehicules, much like our cousins the Germans.

back home the speed limit is 130Kmh and the norm is 160. 45 minutes out of the major cities we enjoy our 180 and 200 quite regularly. in fact i can't count how many times we got pulled over for speeding and got away with with it because the cops liked our bikes or cars and we ended up chatting with them for an hour.

plus we make the world's only good wine and bread.
    Nukles, the therapist -= nz.RogueRiders.mc =-

Bike
    2003 FJR 1300
    the problem with France now, is if you are on a brit plate and caught speeding, they can now fine u and if you are really going for it, the can take your bike and dump it on the other side of the channel.. so much for the free spirit

Best to go to spain or Italy , they are all nuts over there, and all ride bikes like there is no tomorrow

Bike
    xs400 -

No Love ...

Lost between the frogs and the poms ... I have both kinds of blood coursing through my veins (mixed up lad that I am) . I hope both teams lose the rugger tonight.
    THe hand's farster than the eye ... keepan eye onda feet .. .

Bike
    Yamaha R1 2001

Radar Detectors

I have added a thread on radar detectors - and supplied a link to a page where I show how I got mine onto my bike - if any of you have any experience with radar detection / jamming gear, would be great if you contribute

Sven

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    As kiwibiker says there are more and more speed cameras appearing in Britain.plenty more on the way as well because the law has now been changed to allow the police to keep the fine money..........to spend on more cameras.Because of this and rocketing insurance there`s been a big rise in the sales of trail-bikes and supermoto`s,it`s getting to the point where there`s no point having a fast bike because they`ll get you sometime,somewhere if you carry on speeding

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Re cameras only facing towards you. If you are on the other side of the road you are goining away from the camera and exposing your plate. It will and does snap you. - I know and so does a mate. 61K on a deserted 4 lane road going out of Te Awamutu on a Sunday Morning!!!!!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Ducati 900 SS ie
    How much??
    Kiwi
    Nothing is impossible

Thread Information