Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwibiker Mentors - Opinion

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Underneath it all, you just want to be loved, right?
    Are you coming on to me?

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    That was made clear when the program was launched, but seems to have conveniently been lost.

I am not surprised. People like to teach - it validates them and reinforces their opinion as fact, and increases their self-esteem.

Yeah fair enough. It takes a special sort of person, or a lot of effort to do that, or an absolute requirement (ie employment). Either way, I submit that is quite different from a puzzled newbie asking a genuine question from a respected elder and getting a gruff reply or ridicule in return.

The wrong type of person in this role serves either the public, KB, or motorcycling little or any value whatsoever, and for KB to put their stamp of approval on them is short-sighted.

Growth should be the goal, and it is not only the learner who is the learner.

In my opinion of course.

Steve
    Out of bling. That's just nail on the head right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I don't think it's so much about being able to ride a motorcycle - I believe it's about the attitude you bring to the ride. People, given the right attitude, can safely learn all they need to know about motorcycling in their own sweet time.
    Why so intent on pissing people off? That you excel at. Very few sane people will argue with your above post yet you have this amazing ability to repel people in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Careful, my fragile personality could be offended by that.

So how many infraction points are you up to Katman? It's amazing you can even log in with the level of infractions you must have accumulated by now (oh that's right, the site rules mean jack as there are no real consequences)

You are a walking contradiction Katman, if people are to take you seriously they need to respect you, I see a lot of people here in KB that have none what so ever for you & its hard to blame them with the way you carry on, in whatever name or guise you want to clock it under, hence threads like this
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    It's quite simple Boob. People hate having a mirror held up and being found wanting. I don't know where you get off with that comment about sane people. There's sod all sane people on KB.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    It's quite simple Boob. People hate having a mirror held up and being found wanting. I don't know where you get off with that comment about sane people. There's sod all sane people on KB.
    What part of the "sane" comment did you find.......insane?
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Boob Johnson View Post
    (oh that's right, the site rules mean jack as there are no real consequences)
    Shows you know fuck all about them and what actually goes on regarding them if you think that
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Shows you know fuck all about them and what actually goes on regarding them if you think that
    You'd be right I don't know all the in's n out's, was just a general observation from watching clowns like SM, Katman & the likes have no real come back as they are continue to post with no change at all.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    It's quite simple Boob. People hate having a mirror held up and being found wanting. .
    that sums up alot of things...most of them are irrelivent to this thread how ever! Nice quote Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Poos-- My opinion here. If you have an issue with one or more mentors then please FFS speak up.
    Seriously mate -I couldn't agree more with your concern that mentors need to be up to scratch and I'm fairly sure that the people "in charge" of the program would be gratefull for your feedback.

nah...they probally won't be.
    Because I would be questioning thier and other peoples judgment. and they would never seen to be wrong would they tony?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha SRV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers View Post
    Mentors - not trained to teach and unqualified
    Trainers - trained and qualified

If it was a popularity contest and there wasn't very careful vetting Katman would never have gotten through. .
    Katman doesn't have ME by his name, is he a mentor? Why doesn't he have the ME?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Back on a 250 and riding more than ever.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Probably a bug in the sin bin system.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    There are perhaps 5 people (in my opinion) on kb who would be almost perfect Mentors (nobody is perfect eh), and only 2 of those people are actual Mentors. You can't have a programme with 2 people and nobody else. Being a Mentor does not include having to be perfect.

Everyone is different and people seem to have unreasonably high expectations of the Mentors. Most of the candidates got negative feedback (including both Quasi and Frosty, both of whom have been part of Mentoring on kb as long as I can remember) and it was all carefully evaluated and taken into account.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Probably a bug in the sin bin system.
    It happens automatically when someone collects enough infraction points, ie ALL tags/formatting/etc are removed by the software for those in the naughty bin.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    It happens automatically when someone collects enough infraction points, ie ALL tags/formatting/etc are removed by the software for those in the naughty bin.
    Did I say 'bug'? I meant 'feature'.
    - mikey

Bike
    Thinking
    Most of the candidates got negative feedback (including both Quasi and Frosty, both of whom have been part of Mentoring on kb as long as I can remember) and it was all carefully evaluated and taken into account.
    That shows what an arse it is then, im perfect mum said so, I know one mentor thats crashed on the road 5 times lol real good mentoring capability that is lol
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    I know one mentor thats crashed on the road 5 times lol real good mentoring capability that is lol
    Pfft, you can't measure someone's riding competence by how many times they haven't crashed.

People who've never crashed are either simply riding within only a tiny percentage of their bike's capabilities (and that includes people who only ever take the bike out of the garage on sunny days, etc) and are therefore unsuitable to convey information about motorcycle control dynamics, or they're ticking timebombs who don't know the risks they're running.
    - mikey

Thread Information