Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwibiker Mentors - Opinion

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    ... I know one mentor thats crashed on the road 5 times lol real good mentoring capability that is lol

i believe this is the point all of us nay sayers are referring to. Still.. In the grand scheme of things.. Who gives a fook !?

I vote for a ':Common Sense Tag' ..

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    In the grand scheme of things.. Who gives a fook !?

This is KB. Since when has not giving a fook stopped anyone from making their opinion extremely clear?

kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    1993 Yamaha SRV
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    Pfft, you can't measure someone's riding competence by how many times they haven't crashed.

People who've never crashed are either simply riding within only a tiny percentage of their bike's capabilities (and that includes people who only ever take the bike out of the garage on sunny days, etc) and are therefore unsuitable to convey information about motorcycle control dynamics, or they're ticking timebombs who don't know the risks they're running.
    Hey! You're supposed to know me before being able to judge me so accurately!

Although if dropping the bike whilst trying to leave a McDonalds carpark counts as crashing on the road, then I have crashed. Can I be a mentor?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Back on a 250 and riding more than ever.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Can I be a mentor?
    Only if you're hot. Pixplz.
    - mikey

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    That shows what an arse it is then, im perfect mum said so, I know one mentor thats crashed on the road 5 times lol real good mentoring capability that is lol
    ... and that Mentor (if we are talking about the same person of course) no longer rides on the road but prefers to crash within the safe confines of a race track with an ambulance standing by. An indication that his attitude to riding has changed and matured. That change is was the single biggest factor in determining whether he should be a Mentor or not. Plenty of crashes means he's gotten to the point he's at the hard way, but that's the way some people learn - by 1st hand experience.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    1993 Yamaha SRV
    Only if you're hot. Pixplz.
    bugger....

I'm married and ride a BMW. What do YOU think....???
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Back on a 250 and riding more than ever.

Bike
    Hornet 900
    People who've never crashed are either simply riding within only a tiny percentage of their bike's capabilities (and that includes people who only ever take the bike out of the garage on sunny days, etc) and are therefore unsuitable to convey information about motorcycle control dynamics, or they're ticking timebombs who don't know the risks they're running.
    Have to disagree with that one.
    You are heading into the 'everybody crashes when they ride a bike' world.
    Why should everybody have to crash?
    Why should people have to ride at the bikes capabilities, rather than their own?
    Why is someone that hasn't crashed a ticking time bomb?, what does that mean for people that have not killed someone yet?

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby

What a crock!
    Perhaps people who have never crashed ride sensibly all the time, have excellent skills, bike handling abilities and road craft.

Some who have crashed many times have learned the lessons the hard way and are well equipped to pass those lessons on to others.

And then there are the turkeys..who crash seemingly weekly, lose their licences numerous times, won't listen to others who know better...basically your slow learner retarded types!
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers View Post
    ... and that Mentor (if we are talking about the same person of course) no longer rides on the road but prefers to crash within the safe confines of a race track with an ambulance standing by. An indication that his attitude to riding has changed and matured.
    +1, bang on the money.
    - mikey

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers View Post
    ... and that Mentor (if we are talking about the same person of course) no longer rides on the road but prefers to crash within the safe confines of a race track with an ambulance standing by. An indication that his attitude to riding has changed and matured. That change is was the single biggest factor in determining whether he should be a Mentor or not. Plenty of crashes means he's gotten to the point he's at the hard way, but that's the way some people learn - by 1st hand experience.

bs.. ! Sorry Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    Have to disagree with that one.
    You are heading into the 'everybody crashes when they ride a bike' world.
    Why should everybody have to crash?
    Why should people have to ride at the bikes capabilities, rather than their own?
    Why is someone that hasn't crashed a ticking time bomb?, what does that mean for people that have not killed someone yet?
    lol.. did that idiot (JRandom) really just say that??! he's another thats crashed so many times he's teh perfect candidate for Mentordom!

:lmfao:

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    Perhaps people who have never crashed ride sensibly all the time, have excellent skills, bike handling abilities and road craft.
    Perhaps... I'd say someone's obviously a bit sensitive on this topic!

Y'know, I could do 100,000km by going round and round the block I live on and never falling off or breaking a road regulation.

Not sure I'd learn much while doing it, though.

And then there are the turkeys..who crash seemingly weekly, lose their licences numerous times, won't listen to others who know better...basically your slow learner retarded types!
    Chortle, chortle. Thing is, though - I don't presume to be anyone's 'mentor'.
    - mikey

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    he's another thats crashed so many times he's teh perfect candidate for Mentordom!
    True, my resum้ is stellar, but frankly, I just don't feel any need to have my ego stroked.

- mikey

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby

Y'know, I could do 100,000km by going round and round the block I live on and never falling off or breaking a road regulation.

Chortle, chortle. Thing is, though - I don't presume to be anyone's 'mentor'.
    Why would I be sensitive on this topic? I fail to see your point.
    I, also, don't presume to be a mentor either.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Why would I be sensitive on this topic?
    I can't imagine why.

Never said you did!

We're talking in general terms only, of course.
    - mikey

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom

Chortle, chortle. Thing is, though - I don't presume to be anyone's 'mentor'.[/i]

the idjiot goes all over the country doing 100,000's of k's and still doesn't learn!!! ahhahahahahaha i believe his arguments are flawed.

Thread Information