Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwibiker Mentors - Opinion

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt

Kiwibiker Mentors - Opinion

Okay...this new mentor program thing going on kiwibiker..

Just thought I would question a few things about it.

My first Opinion is the the kiwibiker website should not be endoursing people as mentors. as the website has no way of knowing the quality or ability of the mentors that are choosen.. as it is blantantly obvious through the people that are choosen as mentors.. a good half of the mentors can't ride for shit and talk shit too!!! [not shit as in dribble...but don't know what the fuck they are talking about] so how did they become mentors??? and who the hell chooses them??

This isn't a minor...this is a major...the website is theoretically endorsing these people to teach newbies...and the consequesces are???

I have seen in fighting/arguments between these supposed mentors in threads..suggesting different things/soloutions.

1) I demand to know what makes these mentors qualified?? [my old man has played criket far far longer than steven flemming..but he is by far far far worse at it]

2) I want to know on whos athority makes them make this standard to be a mentor? [in othe words is this just another KB popularity contest?]

3) http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=85180 <--- this thread was posted today...why can't people publicly reply to it?? reply by email...pifft what load of shit!! no offence Virago or Sugilite [sugi would in my opinion [if it counts for anything] make a excellent mentor] apply by PM?? WTF??

4) Who's to blame when one of these ego/useless mentors [not all of mentors] students goes and fucks up big time coause of stupid/know all advice??

I don't think there should be a place at all for mentors on KB. and if the majority opinion is that there should be. the shit...why/how are half these twits choosen?? obviously not of skill/knowledge?? more likely on bullshit and bragging!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    A few
    Yeah vote for me for PM ! I need a job ! Not any job mind you
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    2010 YZF R6
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post

My first Opinion is the the kiwibiker website should not be endoursing people as mentors. as the website has no way of knowing the quality or ability of the mentors that are choosen.. as it is blantantly obvious through the people that are choosen as mentors.. a good half of the mentors can't ride for shit and talk shit too!!! [not shit as in dribble...but don't know what the fuck they are talking about] so how did they become mentors??? and who the hell chooses them??

This isn't a minor...this is a major...the website is theoretically endorsing these people to teach newbies...and the consequesces are???

I have seen in fighting/arguments between these supposed mentors in threads..suggesting different things/soloutions.

1) I demand to know what makes these mentors qualified?? [my old man has played criket far far longer than steven flemming..but he is by far far far worse at it]

2) I want to know on whos athority makes them make this standard to be a mentor? [in othe words is this just another KB popularity contest?]

3) http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=85180 <--- this thread was posted today...why can't people publicly reply to it?? reply by email...pifft what load of shit!! no offence Virago or Sugilite [sugi would in my opinion [if it counts for anything] make a excellent mentor] apply by PM?? WTF??

4) Who's to blame when one of these ego/useless mentors [not all of mentors] students goes and fucks up big time coause of stupid/know all advice??

I don't think there should be a place at all for mentors on KB. and if the majority opinion is that there should be. the shit...why/how are half these twits choosen?? obviously not of skill/knowledge?? more likely on bullshit and bragging!!
    ....................so they turned down your application to be a mentor then
    Bhaaaawaaaaaawaaaa
    NOT RACING ANYMORE SNIFF SNIFF

Bike
    2006 Yamaha FJR 1300A aka Fat Jandal
    Light the fuse and stand well back...

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    those in the know can answer more questions for you than I can

several points I will answer too

its a closed thread so ppl do have to send a pm, for several reasons

1) if it remains open it becomes a popularity contest as friends will post how wonderful that person is
    2) ppl will not post honest valid concerns if it can be viewed

I understand that there is certain criteria that each nominated mentor must meet (so if you have been riding 5 mins that will not cut it) and there is a probationary period

it becomes up to the snr mentors to "weed" out the genuine concerns (rather than the bagging due to personality conflicts)

sugi will make an excellent mentor but then I would prob be biased since I nominated him & he is my current mentor
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    nun
    I must agree.. i've seen the :Me sign on names i wouldn't in my wildest dreams imagined that person capable of proficient riding.. let alone mentoring noobs.

Still.. we're all big and ugly enough to accept responsibility for our own actions.. aren't we !?!

Well said cow shit

Bike
    kawasaki vn800, gpx600r
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    those in the know can answer more questions for you than I can

several points I will answer too

its a closed thread so ppl do have to send a pm, for several reasons

1) if it remains open it becomes a popularity contest as friends will post how wonderful that person is
    2) ppl will not post honest valid concerns if it can be viewed

I understand that there is certain criteria that each nominated mentor must meet (so if you have been riding 5 mins that will not cut it) and there is a probationary period

it becomes up to the snr mentors to "weed" out the genuine concerns (rather than the bagging due to personality conflicts)

sugi will make an excellent mentor but then I would prob be biased since I nominated him & he is my current mentor
    closed thread or not if someone is nomenated i think the nomenator should post their reason why they think the person is worthy of mentor status
    I cannot put my finger on it now, the child has grown the dream has gone

there'll be no more aaarrrrrggghhhhh but you may feel a little sick

Bike
    Thinking
    No Me on Me anymore, Im out and not interested.

I reckon its a crock and KB should leave it and get away from it.

I learned a few things about the nomination process which definately got me a bit pissed.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    make me a mentor....
    im good...as is the rest of the "few"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    I learned a few things about the nomination process which definately got me a bit pissed.
    Please go on...

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    You raise some interesting and valid points cowpoos!

I've been involved in a sport and witnessed first hand where bad advice could lead to serious injury or death.
    One of the biggest issues was the "beginner-intermediate level" freely giving advice to noobs without the consent of an instuctor or the knowledge to back it up. At least this took place in a fairly tight environment and was often sorted before any damage was done!

I intend to follow this thread with interest!

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    woooooo

and Kiwis can drive ????????????????

Some if not the worst driving habits on this planet ...Mr Poo raises a very good question , which you need to look at in 2 lights

one confidence , some people just need a stronger rider to follow to get used to the bike.

2 the next step is road craft ,,, that takes a lifetime ,,,( or a few years as a London Dr , or better still a London bike policeman ,,, those fella can keep a constant speed ,,,in a very controlled way ,,big respect to then ..( from an ole scrot ,,,)

Watch that fastbike vidoe , where they were in the south of france ,,, , wheelies mucking about ,, and not once ( well only on a clear road ) did they cross the centre line ,,, Sorry but Kiwis are awful drivers ,, ( except for the truckies ,,they wernt to bad apart from the wierd road signals , which differ fronm the rest of the world ,Austraila excluded .)

If I were to choose a Mentor it would be Katman , it may come out abit odd sometimes , but theres a heap of sense there

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    Sorry but Kiwis are awful drivers ,, ( except for the truckies ,,they wernt to bad apart from the wierd road signals , which differ fronm the rest of the world ,Austraila excluded .)
    Thanks for that. I had noticed that things were not as I thought they ought but had put it down to confusion on my part.

I also recently noticed that the signal they give to tell you it's clear to pass is similar to what they do to say "Hi" to another truckie.?

The mentor scheme (and the alleged vetting) is interesting but I'm well past submitting CVs to anybody. I'm more interested in submitting a pension application.

Random thought: Some of us may may manage to be more convincing on KB if we stated our case prior to indulging in our recreational chemical of choice?

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries

Fair enough. I understand your concerns. But no one is forcing you to use a mentor or even listen to what they say or read what they post.
    I know a couple of newbies on this site and they don't take anyones word as gospel. They tend to work on the theory that if many people say the same thing then there is probably something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    I would love to know more, but I guess a public forum may not be the best place to air it. Unless it becomes really desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by pritch008 View Post
    I also recently noticed that the signal they give to tell you it's clear to pass is similar to what they do to say "Hi" to another truckie.?
    Yeah, that damn near got me killed once!!

Bike
    Not many... If any...
    1) I demand to know what makes these mentors qualified??
    Demand: require imply making an authoritative request. To demand is to ask in a bold, authoritative way: to demand an explanation.

Where did you get the authority to demand? Chill man.......

Thread Information