Bike
    GSXR1000K7,GSXR1100K.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    WHAT????
    Well, you're FUCKED then!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    Mentors all went through the same process - there is a reasonable amount of rigor around that process http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79923 - and it also has nothing to do with the modorators and their roles as mods on this site (just to make that clear) .. so if a nominee doesn't come out through that process there is obviously a reason.

If you are the person who nominated some and want to discuss approach the Senior Mentors about it - i am not sure for your area it may be mstrs or hitcher. From my understanding any bitch fighting that Cowboyz has been up to has nothing to do with mentor selection at all (also from what I have seen the bitch fighting was after the first lot of mentors selected were announced though I may have the timing wrong on that one).
    My understanding is Hitcher is not a mentor and to his credit is unwilling to do so.

Deano, Grub and paulmac are in the Lower NI.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Mentors give advice don't they? To help riders right? To improve their riding skills right? Now trainers give advice (call it instructions if you like) to to help improve riders they are teaching? Hmmmm
    Mentor................I never did like that word. Too close to "Mental" and also the name of a company that manufactures breast implants.

Ferris:Hooters

Nah, doesn't do it for me!
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    2007 CB900
    My understanding is Hitcher is not a mentor and to his credit is unwilling to do so.
    you haven't read the mentor threads? I thought that you could access this one .. if not let me know.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80017

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    you haven't read the mentor threads? I thought that you could access this one .. if not let me know.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80017
    Its a purely administrive role no hands on as it where. So he is not a mentor in the true sence.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Its a purely administrive role.
    And you are asking about administrative stuff regarding your pal ... wow why would I suggest him!

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    On a serious note, I'd like to hear the voice from a current Mentor. What they've done in their role so far, etc etc.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    On a serious note, I'd like to hear the voice from a current Mentor. What they've done in their role so far, etc etc.
    Well, I've hardly been worked off my feet - but I'm sure nobody expected me to be.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Well, I've hardly been worked off my feet - but I'm sure nobody expected me to be.

Steve I've had a few Pms from some of the noobs that have had the pleasure a while back, if thats the right term, to grace your omipotent presence.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Steve I've had a few Pms from some of the noobs. Seem happy enough.
    Yes, but PrincessBandit is somewhat biased.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha SRV
    Who needs mentors anyway? Ride Right Ride Safe is only $50, and includes a road code!

I've met MSTRS, (top bloke) but not seen him ride, the only other mentors I've seen or known of: One did a ridiculous lanesplit almost killed themselves manouver, the other is dead.

On the other hand, the 250 rides I went on, I learnt heaps from McJim, Maverick, Donor and GiJoe, (and Zeocen when he finally arrived.....)
    and I think they were all L platers at the time, all still have their licences and are all still riding.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Back on a 250 and riding more than ever.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Who needs mentors anyway? Ride Right Ride Safe is only $50, and includes a road code!
    I pretty much agree with Cowpoo's query's and also think if you feel the need for skill upgrades then official set up's like RRRS are more appropriate places to go.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    Do you now - well good for you.

This has all been covered at great length in the Mentor Programme discussion threads. You should find the answers to all your questions and demands in there - check them out.
    Yeah I may have missed that...when the site started leaning towards social engineering I lost interest in it for many months.

A huge amount of work went into the planning and implementation process. All nominations were carefully vetted, and then posted on the site for public submissions before any were confirmed. I don't recall seeing any objections from you...?
    Thats not what I heard...and its obvious with choices made of some of the mentors that they are not vetting very well at all. Its a TOTAL case of the blind leading the blind sorry dude!! I am not meaning to blow my trumpet..But I know I am a very good rider. and I can tell who is and isn't very quickly on seeing them ride. Some of these mentors that have been chosen are shit. irrisponsible...and thier riding should never be looked up to!!

And you are right...I made no submissions. but then I can't in a closed thread. submissions should be public. if people think there riding is of the standard to be a mentor...they should dam well be okay about being judged and vetting publically by thier peers.

The issue of liability was paramount during the initial planning stages. Legal opinions were sought. The site administrators are satisfied that the issue has been covered.
    Was there any legel precidents found....close to or even near these circumstances??

Its good to hear that this side has been looked into and has satisfied spank and MT.

The system is now up and running. It is early days, but the feedback from those involved is 100% positive.
    Is there a thread with these posted comments and feedbacks??

BTW. I may have been a bit tiddly when I made my origional post...I tend to swear alot in that state. Sounds a bit harsh/blunt when I read it now..that wasn't how I would have phrased things now! but it has still got my points accross.

Also I would like to know why a couple of the Mentors have commented to me personally that this system is just a crock?? they obviously know something we don't. [and knew I had a far to bigger mouth to tell me more details!!]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Poos-- My opinion here. If you have an issue with one or more mentors then please FFS speak up.
    Seriously mate -I couldn't agree more with your concern that mentors need to be up to scratch and I'm fairly sure that the people "in charge" of the program would be gratefull for your feedback.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    '08 DR650
    someone who trains a rider .. most likely someone with training to train a rider - suitably qualified would have been my though ...

I would have thught there was nothing unclear about the following:
    Given the varying interpretations, an example of what a mentor might do vs what a trainer might do (over what the mentor does) would i believe, help with the clarifying the difference and the role of the "Kiwibiker Mentor".

Thread Information