Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night speed drag wars friday 7/1/08

Bike
    BMW

Night speed drag wars friday 7/1/08

I wanna put my bike down the strip, does the bike have to be in road trim fully like does it need to be warrantable with indicators and shit or just put the top fairing on with the lights etc? also i suppose you have to have dot tyres? and my road licence is suspended can i still race....?

Cant find info on the website...

Any one else goin???

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I wanna put my bike down the strip, does the bike have to be in road trim fully like does it need to be warrantable with indicators and shit or just put the top fairing on with the lights etc? also i suppose you have to have dot tyres? and my road licence is suspended can i still race....?

Cant find info on the website...

Any one else goin???
    From what I've gathered from when I've done Meremere, it needs to have a WOF and Reg unless you have a "drag license".
    Therefore...no slicks etc but contact the organisers re their rules.
    Can't be of anymore help sorry man but may see you there on our '14

Bike
    BMW
    I better put all the road gear on to be safe, hope the licence situation will be sweet.....

I reckon the 10 will be good for 9s!

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I better put all the road gear on to be safe, hope the licence situation will be sweet.....

I reckon the 10 will be good for 9s!
    At Meremere you must produce/show your license...surely you didn't hand over yours?

Mate of mine got high 9's on his K3 GSXR1000

Bike
    BMW
    yeah i did, didnt realise i was out of demerit points and they took it straight away!! Ill see if i can get around it

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries

drags

Speaking from experience, you need a wof, rego, dot approved tyres, and a licence.... and im guessing even if you try getting a drag racing licence you wont get in,you'l need to fill out your licence details on there etc.....

If its a stock zx10r,and your first time racing u definately wont do 9's......

Might break into the mid-high 10's if ridden almost to its limit... but most likely 11's.

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by revlikeshit View Post
    Speaking from experience, you need a wof, rego, dot approved tyres, and a licence.... and im guessing even if you try getting a drag racing licence you wont get in,you'l need to fill out your licence details on there etc.....

Might break into the mid-high 10's if ridden almost to its limit... but most likely 11's.
    huh.. i did 11's on a honduh 600..

By all account Chopper likes playing in the mud so hes not afraid of a slide or two..

Bike
    BMW

Not really stock..... Ive done a few practice starts... Im sure the launch control and traction control would help too! I can talk it up all i want now cause i doubt i will be allowed to ride! haha

Bike
    BMW

btw you should come to my fundraiser!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=85062

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries

9's

11's on a honda 600, yea and what??? difference will be trap speed... yea might do 10's, but definately not a 9.....

Traction control on an '08 zx10r will make it slower, easier and more consistant maybe, but not faster... it retards the timing when it detects wheel spin....

Would need to strap the front end to pull 9's too..... you've got to be realistic... i'd say if ridden really well maybe 10.2-10.4's.... other wise a good guess would be mid to high 10's.

seen it all before, i know.

Bike
    BMW
    11's on a honda 600, yea and what??? difference will be trap speed... yea might do 10's, but definately not a 9.....

Traction control on an '08 zx10r will make it slower, easier and more consistant maybe, but not faster... it retards the timing when it detects wheel spin....

Would need to strap the front end to pull 9's too..... you've got to be realistic... i'd say if ridden really well maybe 10.2-10.4's.... other wise a good guess would be mid to high 10's.

seen it all before, i know.
    The traction control i have is fully adjustable and the launch control fixes the wheely problem, i have run 10s on standard 600s several times, the 10s good for 9s and i have the fastest reactions

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries

9's,really....

Ok, guess you can show everyone these 9's then ....

Oh, and your reaction time makes no difference to what E.T you run....
    you could have a 2minute reaction time and still run a 10second 1/4 mile, E.T is only point to point.....

-but you would know that....

and you have faster reaction times than any other rider at the drags, i highly doubt that.

Bike
    07 gxsr1000
    Come on you two leave it for for the track.Zx10 easy can do 9s passes just need the right track condition's which will be most unlikely this Friday as they proably have not VHT the track?,it's just a case of no wheel spin,and keeping the front down and given it shit

Here'sthe news letter.$15 to get in $25 to race l think.

A new summer season of Night Speed Dragwars is due to blast off on 7th November 2008. There are some significant changes this year.

There will be two Seasons of three meetings each. The first is the Zodiac Motors Spring season with dates on 7th, and 21st November and lastly 12th December 2008. The 7th November meeting will feature an impressive fireworks display with free admission to children under 12.

The summer season gets under way on the 20th February 2009, then 6th March with the finals on 20th March 2009. Each season has separate prizemoney and points.

Bike
    avanti sprint
    Didnt whytey (MArk Whyte) do a 9.99 on a stock 06 busa 1st time dragging? if so, 9's canty be to hard? hahaha
    Muggins would know, aye Mike

Bike
    07 gxsr1000
    Quote Originally Posted by t3mp0r4ry nzr View Post
    Didnt whytey (MArk Whyte) do a 9.99 on a stock 06 busa 1st time dragging? if so, 9's canty be to hard? hahaha
    Muggins would know, aye Mike
    you would think it would easy wouldn't you but even the guys that do the bike write up's and shootouts have trouble getting the litre sport bikes in the 9s and that's on top tracks,yes Mark did a 9.9 on he's third ever pass on a stock busa which brings me back to what l said .good track(was just after the nats),on a hot track ,cool night and Mark can ride(well most of the time "R1"?).At the last winter meet i think the best any body could get down to was 11.0.The record is only 10.2 for Amod bike so maybe it's not that easy when it really counts.Dont think l'll have the 08 busa ready for friday but it's drilled for the wet NOS system and almost back together,any guess on what sort of time's ? If the rain stays away the first meeting is always the best so see yall there.

Thread Information