Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night speed drag wars friday 7/1/08

Bike
    BMW
    Id do a 9, id put money on it. I have emailed them and due to me having a suspended licence for the road i cant drag race, i cant even get a special drag licence.... Its a race track what a load of cock!

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Id do a 9, id put money on it. I have emailed them and due to me having a suspended licence for the road i cant drag race, i cant even get a special drag licence.... Its a race track what a load of cock!
    get sombody else to sign your bike in, and you ride it, its not like they can see through your helmet

Bike
    GS1200SS/RD400 Drag Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Hi
    Yes...and then some Tree Hugging P.C. spouting twat finds out you raced and the council shuts Meremere down for the lot of us.
    And don't think that the council anit trying already !!!
    Sorry that those demerits all caught up with you...been there myself.
    But at the end of the day Meremere have to play by the rules so there is not much that can be done.
    So how about you come back and race in the REAL competion....The NZDRA Points Series ?
    Should have your license back before it finishes and you could get your name in the record book.
    We need all the riders we can get and you might even get yours self on TV ONE...they are filming the whole season.
    Richard
    GS1200SS

Bike
    GS1200SS/RD400 Drag Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mugins View Post
    you would think it would easy wouldn't you but even the guys that do the bike write up's and shootouts have trouble getting the litre sport bikes in the 9s and that's on top tracks,yes Mark did a 9.9 on he's third ever pass on a stock busa which brings me back to what l said .good track(was just after the nats),on a hot track ,cool night and Mark can ride(well most of the time "R1"?).At the last winter meet i think the best any body could get down to was 11.0.The record is only 10.2 for Amod bike so maybe it's not that easy when it really counts.Dont think l'll have the 08 busa ready for friday but it's drilled for the wet NOS system and almost back together,any guess on what sort of time's ? If the rain stays away the first meeting is always the best so see yall there.
    Hi
    Mike are you going to be contesting the Mod Bike NZDRA points series this coming season ?
    Richard

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries

nov 7

Wasnt trying to start an argument, was just saying,yea its not as easy to run 9's as some people put it...

Busa's are alot more tractable and have a longer wheelbase than a 10r so tend to be a bit more consistant at pulling fast times....

Either way,the more bikes there the better, it should be good.

Bike
    07 gxsr1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hi
    Mike are you going to be contesting the Mod Bike NZDRA points series this coming season ?
    Richard
    Hi Richard yes if time allows will racing the whole series inclucing the two south island rounds,the busa in a/mod ie;no nos at this stag,and the 1000 in b/sb.If we have to travel all that way might as well make the most of it,got to try and stop you from taking it out for three years in a row. Is your 2 smoker going to be making it to the track? .....As for the busa's and zx14s being easier to ride l think that may be so the 1000s been so short and light sure can make them a hand full and 9second passes arent a sure thing.lam am hoping to be in 9.7-8 on the 1000 and maybe 9.5s on the busa by the end of the season .

Bike
    07 gxsr1000
    So how about you come back and race in the REAL competion....The NZDRA Points Series ?

Dont know if l quite agree with that statement.in the point series there may be only 6-10 that your racing against where as the night drags there may 150others, more runs, more chance of getting whipped.l know some of the "real" drag racer look down at the sport bike riders and for that matter the boy racers but this level is where they start and learn and get hooked,and l think lve have worked hard to get as many people down to the track to have a go and have fun no matter what vehicle they are in/on.Like l keep telling Rooster it's a lot safer at a track ..

Bike
    BMW
    I didnt learn my lesson with the demerit points thing soon enough and got caught driving while suspended! stupid i know! I would race that series, i will race any and every series race possible, road, mx, drags.

Surely there must be a way around the licence thing though, to obtain a drag racing licence why do you have to have a car licence? Cant i prove that im capable or something....?

Bike
    BMW

Dont know if l quite agree with that statement.in the point series there may be only 6-10 that your racing against where as the night drags there may 150others, more runs, more chance of getting whipped.l know some of the "real" drag racer look down at the sport bike riders and for that matter the boy racers but this level is where they start and learn and get hooked,and l think lve have worked hard to get as many people down to the track to have a go and have fun no matter what vehicle they are in/on.Like l keep telling Rooster it's a lot safer at a track ..
    Thats my whole point, someone loses there licence and they go to a dragway to do the right thing and the dragway a race track says na, that in itself is shooting itself in the foot! I can race my bike at any road race track in nz without a licence

Bike
    GS1200SS/RD400 Drag Bike
    ,got to try and stop you from taking it out for three years in a row .
    Hi
    Too late...I have won the NZ Mod Bike Championship for the last 3 seasons 2006..07..08.
    I'm not racing the full season this year...just going to a few meetings to keep my eye in for the Tran Tasman Challenge.
    I'm also going to race the GS1200SS at the Winter Nationals next year so that should be real interesting.
    As for some "real Drag racers" looking down on the street bike. Well I consider myself a real drag racer and I race a street bike. All the racers I know encourage ever rider to join our sport.
    Best of luck for your season and watch out for Allan Thorenson as he will most likely be chasing the Mod bike Championship.
    Richard

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    i think you might just do a 9 Choppa, i took a stock standard 07 ZX10R down to a night wars and 10.49, from memore i think it was 217kph though the traps, (with stock gearing i was still in 3rd gear), it was my first time on a drag strip on a bike and i have never raced a big bike, trick is getting it launched, you have a fair bit more practice on starting one than i would have,

Thread Information