Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoe size chart

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    New Zealand sizes, Aussie, and U.K are the same from what i gather from same helpful chart on Google with extra info.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    But then...just got my new Gaerne's and i'm pleased I ordered a size up as was recommended in a rider forum post on these, they are size 42 (and rated E for flat feet) i take a 41 usually, they are a good fit. The Cnell 41 i'm tossing because they are sponges in the wet after 2 minutes are like a 40 or smaller real tight. So appears between different manufacturers there may be variance in their sizes. Chinese and Italian being smaller than British feet just from my experience?

In an ideal world try before buy.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    they are size 42 (and rated E for flat.
    E for wide? Kiwis have wide feet because we all run around in bare feet when we are kids. I don't recall ever seeing a pair of shoes in the standard US size in this country. I suspect all importers only bring in wide fitting shoes .

Something to be aware of if you are bargain hunting on EBay or similar.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    E for wide? Kiwis have wide feet because we all run around in bare feet when we are kids. I don't recall ever seeing a pair of shoes in the standard US size in this country. I suspect all importers only bring in wide fitting shoes .

Something to be aware of if you are bargain hunting on EBay or similar.
    Timely comments, just been driving myself mad reading size charts ex USA. Been looking at some Gaerne adv boots. By there chart measuring foot length at 28.5cm they have me about two sizes smaller.
    Have some Sidi vertebrae mkII ex UK that are a snug fit at euro 46.
    My shimano mountain bike shoes are euro 47 and known to be only ones with a wider fit which I need.
    Same with some of winter glove sizes too

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    just been driving myself mad reading size charts ex USA.
    I take a 9 wide in US sizing. A while back at the end of the northern winter I was receiving email ads from the USA for some amazing deals on boots. Dress boots, motorbike boots, work boots, a huge range, some at brilliant prices. Almost all in standard US sizes, very few in the wide fitting. (The yanks also do extra wide) I didn't want to buy 10s in case I started tripping over stuff I hadn't even seen yet, so I passed on the lot. Bugga!
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I take a 9 wide in US sizing. A while back at the end of the northern winter I was receiving email ads from the USA for some amazing deals on boots. Dress boots, motorbike boots, work boots, a huge range, some at brilliant prices. Almost all in standard US sizes, very few in the wide fitting. (The yanks also do extra wide) I didn't want to buy 10s in case I started tripping over stuff I hadn't even seen yet, so I passed on the lot. Bugga!
    Read a good quote in one of the reviews that Euro boots should be referenced by their euro sizes as the conversion to US Uk etc is often out.
    Makes sense but doesn't match up with my euro sidi 46s (tight fit). Have Columbia hikers in US 13 with base inserts and a little room so might go US 12 I think in the end.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The Gaerne adventure boots arrived this morning. Perfect fit!!! (with medium warm part wool socks, could prob squeeze in a worn pair of thicker wool socks
    Went with US12 in the end based on their foot length (28.5cm) chart.

Thread Information