Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda V4 2010

Bike
    `
    Think a rz500 would pre pretty nutty to ride on the road?

Bike
    Vespa 550
    yea dead bikes are dead for good usually. thats why i read PB and there "if we ever made this" section. i love it.

but the 500's were no harder to win on than the new bikes in reality. you still have to go quicker than every other guy in the world. just 500's liked to attack you occasionally. just for kicks. but you have to be able to ride what your on. stoner rides modern bikes well, good on him. Biaggi could ride a 2 stroke but not a 4. ohh well. adaption is key.

Anyway i think we all need to get some friends. why are we here at 11 on a friday night. wheres a pub when you need one.

Bike
    `
    Here here...Well I'm a semi-awkward 15 y/o so its the norm for me not to be out with girls at 11:30... Whats your excuse, bucko. Anyway, think a rz500 would be a crazy road bike in full power? And what is PB?

Bike
    Several
    I'll believe it when I see it. Honda dont have the balls to make radical bikes any more . They make good bikes yes... but the world has been screaming for a decent V4 for ten years and they can't be arsed to respond.

Its one of the things that annoys me about Honda, they make cracking engines but fuck the rest of it up. I had a Honda car once. A Mugen Accord. 240BHP V6 3.0. What a beautiful engine. Great sound, power... They used it in the NSX. a match for anything of the same size.

What I didnt quite realise was they'd given the rest of the car to a bunch of fat americans who favoured stupid automatic gearboxes, shite saggy suspension and soft fat-arse seats. It took me about 5 days to realise I'd made a big mistake. A 240 BHP car that could not handle a corner.

May be their conservatism works for them and it does get some good results. But expecting a dream V4 or V5 from them is a hopeless stupid frustrating fantasy.

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    It would be quite pleasing to see something resembling a V4 400cc machine released again. There must be a market for it.
    problem is they cost more to make than an inline four, and no-one is going to buy a 400 for more or as much as a 600 - the market demands moar power for less money, not the other way round

the vfr and rvf both suffered this problem back when they were current models - they cost only marginally less than the bigger bikes and much more than the other inline4 400s

that said i'd also give my left nut for a modern one

Bike
    Vespa 550
    maybe we should all start saving our coins and buy that sexy new aprilla.

Bike
    Vespa 550
    or pool it all together and share a desmosedici RR thingy.

Bike
    `
    New aprilia? Vtwins are ghey. Only other decent engine is the square four.
    Democidici? V4? What makes v4's more expensive to make??

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by wbks View Post
    It costs more to manufacture when the alloys incorporate a high percentage of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    `
    Maybe suzuki should start putting headlights on their gsv-r and sell them each for a couple hundy.

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    yes that is the problem, its not feasible. I wonder why exactly the V4 is expensive to make though? Is it the assembly process? Also the cam driven gears were fucken expensive too... but then a NC30 aint a NC30 without the lovely gear whine...

I4 engine is the proven best cost to power ratio.

It's not also that, but they are so fucking hard to work on and therefore expensive if you wanna pay someone to do your engine maintenance. This is due to being so compact- however fuel injection would cut this down a lot. This is not to say our V4's aren't bullet proof as they are though...
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    Vespa 550
    Quote Originally Posted by wbks View Post
    why why young son, have you not seen this V4 piece of yumminess

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/...pecs-2009.html

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    If they do make a new bike, if they fail to put in cam gears I might pass. It's a damned shame they got rid of them on the latest VFR.

Mine is looking mighty fine anyway.

Bike
    Too many to count
    the v4 needs two cylinder blocks, two heads and two transmission systems to power the double set of cams plus extra plumbing

net result is more part and more materials than an inline4, which means more machining and time invested

a v twin doesn't have as many valves, pistons or material as an inline4 so don't cost as much despite being a V layout

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    I was harrassing a Honda dealer yesterday and they told me this.

The new engine IS a V4 1000.

It will appear in 3 forms.
    * A replacement for the VFR800/Blackbird
    * A Tourer like the ST
    *...aaaaaand he pointed at a VTR-SP and said they're planning on doing something like that with it. Unf! Unf!

Thread Information