Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to get! ARGH

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Rider View Post
    I was gonna say mike.. your bike looks fuckin awesome though!
    But that's just because I don't wash it, don't care if I scratch it a bit - or melt parts of my front mudguard by leaning it against Helenoftroy's exhaust... It's meant to be a bit rough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Rider
    Even saw you hooning back from Nelson.. looks brilliant going by (was in the Cave Cafe with the guys when you went past)
    The Cave Cafe? I can assure you I didn't feel brilliant at that time - bad bad hangovers and I just wanted to get home. Couldn't have been hooning, I sat at +10 km/h to the speed limit 90% of the way and didn't do any monkey business either.
    It is a bit loud though
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Bike
    eMpTy 10
    Well Bulldog?

Where are you at? Did you have a good look at the 610?

Bike
    Bullyvard M109RZ
    indeed I did...I think I'm going to get it.....KTM has gone to Scorry, he's gonna love it! I'll go in and see them this weekend see what's on off.

Bike
    eMpTy 10
    Sweet! For both of you...

Hopefully the plastics aren't that expensive, so you can make it black without too much fuss...

Bike
    2008 KTM 690 SMC
    I had the same decision to make and brought a ktm 690smc - great bike 12 litre tank, fuel inj, big brakes, 2 year warrenty. Have done 350kms in one day and bum ok. I motard it competively, and will get some trail rims for adventure riding. Good spread of power was helped when I put the akrapovic muffler on.
    Is that experience talking? Or that little voice in your head?

Livin' fast since '67’ - It ain’t as easy as I make it look!

Bike
    f800r, hank the postie, tfzr125
    Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    I had the same decision to make and brought a ktm 690smc - great bike 12 litre tank, fuel inj, big brakes, 2 year warrenty. Have done 350kms in one day and bum ok. I motard it competively, and will get some trail rims for adventure riding. Good spread of power was helped when I put the akrapovic muffler on.
    I was trying to decide on a new bike as well, and it was down to a SXV550, or Husky SM450.. unfortunately I couldn't find either of them locally.. so next choices were a KTM 690 or the Husky SM610 and I now have an 09 SM610 on a boat on its way to me. A bit heavier than I'd like but I hear they go like stink anyways. Now I just have to wait three weeks =\

Hopefully I didn't make the wrong choice !

Bike
    Loud and hoony
    I understand that the 610sm benefits quite a bit from getting an aftermarket muffler and a good rejetting. But since that had already been done to mine when I got it I can't provide any comparison. I get about 53 hps at the wheel on my 2006.
    It is preferential to refrain from the utilisation of grandiose verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualisation can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities. (...such as the word fuck.)

Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. - Joseph Rotblat

Thread Information