Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunedin 250s

Bike
    2016 Vespa Sprint 150
    Quote Originally Posted by helmet-hair View Post
    Yeah, it was Ray. He did make the day go well and made everyone relaxed and able to participate. Learnt plenty, almost think they should make it compulsory. Don't know why it is only dunedin.
    From what I know, the Ride Right Otago courses are joint efforts, conducted on a volunteer basis by the guys from Otago Motorcycle Club and BRONZ (Bikers Rights Organisation NZ) Otago and partly subsidised by ACC. Auckland supposedly had something similar, which is what the RRO courses are modelled after.

I suppose motorcycle clubs elsewhere in NZ could get together and do something like this... though they need guys like Ray to pull off the boring classroom bits without putting everyone to sleep!

In Singapore where I was originally from it is compulsory to go through lessons like these and then a riding test before being awarded a "learner" license equivalent - except that it would stretch out to about 15 hours over a few days, and conducted by wankers who think they know everything.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    not much happening here !!

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Yeah! I rode to Timaru and back last Saturday to see my brother, was a bit last minute so didn't post on here... weather looks crap for this weekend =(

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    im gonna go for the thursday rides 6:30 meet at southern tavern

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    2012, Suzuki gsx 1250 Fa
    Quote Originally Posted by blairh View Post
    Yeah! I rode to Timaru and back last Saturday to see my brother, was a bit last minute so didn't post on here... weather looks crap for this weekend =(
    and you didn't come visit I'm crushed. we are only 15mins north of Timaru ya know. and Always a spare bed here.hope ya had a good Xmas
    S'all Good!!

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.

Sometimes I think I understand the meaning of life.....
    Then I Regain Consciousness .

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphilps View Post
    and you didn't come visit I'm crushed. we are only 15mins north of Timaru ya know. and Always a spare bed here.hope ya had a good Xmas
    Aww man it didn't even cross my mind!! Sorry =( Next time!

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Hey guys.. has been a while since we were on here... who's keen for a ride in the next few days? Even if it's just a blat out the taieri mouth road etc, I'm not making good enough use of this great weather!!

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSR600
    Hey, yeah defiantly, hit a message or text if you've got an idea. Super keen.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Hi all.. as usual, no warning.. we're going to go for a nice quiet ride this afternoon at 3-4ish.. if you're keen give me a txt or post on here =)

Bike
    1993 Honda Jade CB250

Grrrr

Sorry about yesterday Blairh!
    It came out nice just after all that rain too. But by then it was time to have afew drinks

Damn Ill have to cut my hours back so I can get out with you guys!

My aim is to get my experience up this summer. sub 500kms at the mo and Im just dying for more...

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    No worries man, another time =) I'm pretty wasted today so don't think I'll get out on the bike! Perhaps tomorrow though..

Just gimme a txt any time you're free and we'll try to work something out. I start back at work on Monday anyway- so perhaps we'll have to do some good evening rides.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Hey all.. anyone know when the next track day is in Invercargill or Timaru? (I gather these are the two closest tracks)..

I'm really keen to get on a track day and have a go.. would be great if we could get a group of us 250 noobs to one!

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Dan and I had a great ride out to Taieri Mouth and back tonight - was great to meet you =)

So who's keen for a good 250 ride out there on the next fine evening? Weather's meant to be crap tomorrow..

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Ride tomorrow... no idea where, but the weather is looking good so I'm keen to get out there. Txt me on 021 225 2474 or post on here if you're keen =)

Bike
    2005 FLSTNI Softail Deluxe
    Blog Entries
    Anytime you wanna do a ride in Middlemarch area I'm game. I know all the roads and the trouble spots and the local police officer is a friend of mine.

Thread Information