Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do many of you ride with your bloke as pillion?

Bike
    GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    I've got my full licence, but am still pretty inexperienced. My husband hasn't got a licence, but says he'd be happy to ride as a pillion. I always seem to see couples but it's the girl on the back. We don't have a problem with it, but I'm just wondering if it's very common.
    That's so awesome that your man wants to pillion. God where do you find one of those that will let you take control like that. Keep him girlfriend!!!!
    Burn the rubber not your soul baby!

Bike
    2007 CB900
    My darling ruled it out really .. but I get last laugh .. when we go to scatter his ashes he will be on my bike!
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    My Broomstick
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    My darling ruled it out really .. but I get last laugh .. when we go to scatter his ashes he will be on my bike!
    oh nasty thats classic

Bike
    1993 Yamaha SRV
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post

Mate you're a fkn legend. I haven't met you or Grub, but often read yours and his posts, so the day I logged on and saw the heading on the list that was the thread you started my stomach dropped and my heart stopped. I hoped it was a happy birthday thread...

Never mind pillioning, I hope I can be as strong as you, if and when my mate passes.

Take care
    Lucy
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Back on a 250 and riding more than ever.

Bike
    red white and blue
    what about two chicks on a bike?

thats a nice thought...

Fill the empty spaces

Bike
    Yamaha TDM
    My missus was asain...
    she can only just drive a car..
    let alone a bike.
    nah iwouldnt get on a bike with her.
    no for quids

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    it doesnt matter who is in control..

its alll good

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki ninja 250
    I'v taken a guy out on the back of my bike before, and aside from dealing with the weight, it was annoying as he was a rider and shifted his weight as he would of on his bike around a bend, thus putting me off quiet a bit. The other two girl's i'v pillioned where a breeze compared to him as they just went with the flow. I think guys r just used to being in control. But if you and your partner have an agreement, take him out for a spin and see how you handle. It's not like you can't say no to him afterwards

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Been on the back with the darling wife riding a couple of times. I make a crap pillion regardless of the gender of the rider since I ride and have to try and supress the urge to lean to suit my lines as opposed to whoever is riding. Not helped by the fact that I outmass the wife by a bit and am usually drunk if I'm on the pllion perch. If the other half is cool with it go for it, riding with pillions is different and enjoyable in it's own way. You have to be a lot smoother and less agressive on the braking and shifting side of things if you want to avoid head butts from the rear. It improves your riding and line choice in the long run, forget the stereotypes, the reason you see more male rider / female pillion combinations is that more guys than chicks ride, there are more women riding these days but I doubt the ratio will ever swing entirely the other way.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    SPman says he's a lousy pillion ... i am too
    so we've never actually pillioned each other
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    Eurotrash
    I took my first ever pillion today, my 16 year old (baby) brother!

He weighs a bit more than me and is at least 6 inches taller now too he has pillioned before (on a cruiser ) so he knew to sit nice and still & even though I was very aware that he was there it wasn't really a problem while we were actually riding, while we were crawling to the head of a queue at a stop sign and he was figgeting with his gloves was a different matter however. But thats ok, I just hit him

Bike
    Blackbird
    Yep, i've pillioned heaps of guys. Including hubby who taught me to ride. He would often sit on the back. One of my old mates was heaps bigger than me and he'd never ridden. Pillioning him was hard - takes a bit of getting used to, having a guy who's bigger than you sitting on the back and initially trying to steer! But you soon sort it out - i haven't spat a pillion off yet.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun!

Bike
    1990 Honda VFR400/1979 Suzuki RM125
    hmm no, seems to think its emasculating! haha

Bike
    2008, Kawasaki GPX
    Asked hubby if he would be a pillion, his reply, was "has hell frozen over".

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    If someone doesn't get his bike fixed by Friday...guess who's going on the bitch seat?
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Thread Information