Page 1003 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 35039039539931001100210031004100510131053110315032003 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,045 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Bit that didn't fit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	302021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	302023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swissauto vs NSR500.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	809.9 KB 
ID:	302024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EN_200074.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	302025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EN_200072.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	302026  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Pick an advance number ( I usually use 28* that is the initial straight line on the ignition graph from 2000 up to say 7000 rpm ).
    Convert this to mm down the bore, and use a DTI to set the piston exactly at this number.
    Then arrange a scribe or white pen line on the rotor and stator that is easy to see with your strobe.
    Fire it up and strobe the lines mechanically set at 28* holding the rpm steady between 2000 and 7000.
    Adding more base timing will retard the firing line and visa versa.
    This will ensure you are mechanically and electrically on the money in the Ignitech.
    I have found that the only strobe that is dead accurate is the old, super el cheapo ones, that are in line with the plug leads.
    Used to be $12.00 at Repco.
    Nice. On it. I pulled the head. Looks good no sign of anything dodgy. Honda Love fest continues.

TZ. You need to get you bike done. There are fancy 4 stroke buckets in sheds right now looking for the magic 30hp.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    TZ. You need to get you bike done. There are fancy 4 stroke buckets in sheds right now looking for the magic 30hp.

Yes, Buckets is getting very very interesting indeed, some really good looking bikes alright.

There is a secret (but legal) plan afoot at Team ESE, where we are looking for 40hp with a 6K power spread .....

I can't point to any real proof that the idea works but I have heard anecdotal stories from reliable sources and a little bit of my own experience from back in the day.

The idea is so simple I am surprised other 2T's have not thought of using it, maybe didn't need to until now.

Its all about controlling the maximum temperature and pressure of the combustion process so the fire can be lit earlier. Then we can run a lower ultimate combustion pressure but higher average pressure over a longer period of time.

If it works I will show you what I have done when we have the next great Team ESE/GPR dyno shootout.

If not, then there is the Creasy engine project to get on with or the 100cc H2O 2T possibly CVT project (work on the prototype cylinder for this one is well advanced) and a CVT Supercharged 100cc H2O 4T project that I would love to do (the base bike for that project is sitting in the shed now).

Buckets ...... so much that is interesting, so little time.....

A Team GPR 4T

Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    ktm all but ready to fire up

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    At the moment 300 engine I am working with has plenty of timing at peak power. Like 14 degrees... My question is how much is to much. Is the old thinking of chuck in advance until it stops making power still valid or is there just a place you should not go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Maybe you should get a detonation sensor, then you will know when too much is
    A deto sensor will allow you to experiment with advanced timing values without losing the engine. But this doesn't mean that the maximum safe advance will be best for power; your engine may feel happier with a bit less advance than that. By the way, I don't regard 14° plenty of timing; I'd rather call it a decent neighbourhood.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    ...Its all about controlling the maximum temperature and pressure of the combustion process so the fire can be lit earlier. Then we can run a lower ultimate combustion pressure but higher average pressure over a longer period of time.
    That sounds quite intriguing. I'm not sure I would want to light the fire earlier; any pressure rise before TDC will slow the crankshaft down. And I'm not sure about that lower ultimate combustion pressure either. But I do see great possibilities with a lower compression ratio. A larger volume above the exhaust port will allow the pipe to stuff more charge back into the cylinder, and as the expansion ratio will also be lower, the pressure drop after TDC will be lower and the average pressure between TDC and Exhaust Open will be higher. And last but not least, there will be more exhaust gas energy left for the pipe to do nice things with.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    A deto sensor will allow you to experiment with advanced timing values without losing the engine. But this doesn't mean that the maximum safe advance will be best for power; your engine may feel happier with a bit less advance than that. By the way, I don't regard 14° plenty of timing; I'd rather call it a decent neighbourhood.
    Yes totally agree. The det sensor is telling me nothing sitting on the bench. What sort of neighbourhoods have some of your engines lived in? The emphasis on the lived

Bike
    98 Honda NS1, others...
    That sounds quite intriguing. I'm not sure I would want to light the fire earlier; any pressure rise before TDC will slow the crankshaft down. And I'm not sure about that lower ultimate combustion pressure either. But I do see great possibilities with a lower compression ratio. A larger volume above the exhaust port will allow the pipe to stuff more charge back into the cylinder, and as the expansion ratio will also be lower, the pressure drop after TDC will be lower and the average pressure between TDC and Exhaust Open will be higher. And last but not least, there will be more exhaust gas energy left for the pipe to do nice things with.
    I love this stuff

Bike
    98 Honda NS1, others...
    I wonder if this "GP based" kit did find this was the best pipe for it, the header doesn't seem to hamered also

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    That sounds quite intriguing.
    40hp ... its probably a bit of a tease.

But then when TeeZee started out nobody expected he would do 31hp either, 20hp being more the class norm, so 40? who knows ....

Come to think of it, he is now working with a cylinder that has transfer port area to burn, an exhaust port that can be made as big as a Honda RS125's, a good pipe, and a power valve setup, he has found a way to nullify the restriction of a 24mm carb, he has a programmable ignition with TPS and a bunch of his own ideas like the variable inlet pipe area, and pipe pressure dropper. So he has put the tools together to work with.

Air cooling is the big issue I guess ....

Bike
    yamaha
    Hey guys I'm trying to get hold of a bucket racer in nz
    Simion yule
    I know he raced against you guys. Do any of you guys have his contact.
    Thanks

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    40hp ... its probably a bit of a tease.

But then when TeeZee started out nobody expected he would do 31hp either, 20hp being more the class norm, so 40? who knows ....

Come to think of it, he is now working with a cylinder that has transfer port area to burn, an exhaust port that can be made as big as a Honda RS125's, a good pipe, and a power valve setup, he has found a way to nullify the restriction of a 24mm carb, he has a programmable ignition with TPS and a bunch of his own ideas like the variable inlet pipe area, and pipe pressure dropper. So he has put the tools together to work with.

Air cooling is the big issue I guess ....
    I think a water cooled 100 is also on the go, I think 40HP is not out of the question although it will be a completely new engine, not a modified street bike. The technology to do this is all layed out on this forum, just need to do it. TZ is no mug, a little more effort might be going on than you see on this forum. Who knows, a twin might not be out of the question?

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I think a water cooled 100 is also on the go, I think 40HP is not out of the question although it will be a completely new engine, not a modified street bike. The technology to do this is all layed out on this forum, just need to do it. TZ is no mug, a little more effort might be going on than you see on this forum. Who knows, a twin might not be out of the question?
    And all the children followed the pied piper

The limits applied to GP125's dont apply to buckets , so I guess there are a few things that will allow these targets to be met, Twin cylinder you say, why not a triple?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Hell why stop there? Look how well it worked for shaver blades
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Frits, your FOS concept for pipes has been around for a long time and has been seen by millions, but I have never seen anyone question your formula for the "tuned length".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overmars-Basic chamber design concept.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	302400

Your formula is: Lmax = Speed of Sound * exhaust timing * 88 / RPM of max power

By my maths, the "88" should be 1000/12 ie 83.3333....

I assume your formula is allowing for some other factor, perhaps the higher speed of sound in the exhaust pipe, and I'm curious to know your logic.

Bike
    Honda NS-1 / Gas Gas EC-125
    Quote Originally Posted by lodgernz View Post
    Frits, your FOS concept for pipes has been around for a long time and has been seen by millions, but I have never seen anyone question your formula for the "tuned length".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overmars-Basic chamber design concept.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	302400

Your formula is: Lmax = Speed of Sound * exhaust timing * 88 / RPM of max power

By my maths, the "88" should be 1000/12 ie 83.3333....

I assume your formula is allowing for some other factor, perhaps the higher speed of sound in the exhaust pipe, and I'm curious to know your logic.
    Why/were do those 1000/12 come from, I'm curious now.

Thread Information