Page 1085 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 85585985103510751083108410851086108710951135118515852085 ... LastLast
Results 16,261 to 16,275 of 39426

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Frits, with the exhaust ports sitting directly above all transfer ports and with what looks like a very small area of metal seperating them....
    True. The metal between auxiliary exhaust floors and transfer roofs in many conventional cylinders is even thinner, but the difference is that in my cylinder all transfer roofs double as exhaust floors. The commas will form a welcome heat barrier.

I would think the water cooling path to keep all this cool would have to be really targeted.
    True again. Like I said the other day, I wanted to show more of the cylinder layout here, but there was no option to upload the ZIP-file, so I mailed it to Mental Trousers. He wrote: "I'm still away on holiday at the moment so I'm only online sporadically using my phone and I'm not able to do this right now but I'll take care of it as soon as I get back to civilisation."

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Maybe it helps if you not only watch how far the throttle is opened, but also the rate at which it is opened.
    Ok, I have found the section in the Ecotrons manual where it talks about tuning for the throttle blip.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Advanced Small engine EFI tuning guide V2.7.7.pdf 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	307775

By default it does not work above 3,000rpm, but I can set it higher to suit my engine.

Name:	Throttle Blip.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	307776

From a quick read, the amount of enriching is tied to the predicted load increase as the throttle is opened. I guess its like a smart accelerator pump.

Name:	Load Predicted Graph.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	307777

You can determine the "Load" from the recorded data.

Name:	Load Predicted Map.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	307778

And adjust the map, it looks like a bit of trial and error is required to get it right.

Name:	Blip.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	307783

There are other adjustments in the advanced calibration file for tuning for the rate of change in the throttle opening (TPS).

All I need to do now is learn how to use it.

Bike
    r6ypvs hybrid
    Wobbly,would there be any advantage to a divider in a RZ or CPI cylinder intake?

Bike
    Simson S51
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Your project is very interesting, I would love to see more pictures and details of your work posted here as it progresses.
    No Problem. It´s a pleasure for me, to giving you something back, for all the stuff you (and the others) posted here.

The pictures below show some details of work. I also installed a 120mm PC fan above the head. It works with 14,8V lithium polymer accu. Very good cooling for the cylinder head. Maybe you should think of
    On the one picture you can see my 2 stroke car called Trabant built in my hometown Zwickau/Germany. 26HP out of 600ccm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	307787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	475.9 KB 
ID:	307789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	436.8 KB 
ID:	307786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	545.1 KB 
ID:	307790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	447.3 KB 
ID:	307791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	541.3 KB 
ID:	307792  

Bike
    TZ400
    The RZ/CPI has a severe down bend in the intake, thus the majority of the flow adheres to the roof and of course punches open the upper
    reeds way more than the lowers ( made worse by the fact that the Boyesens are on the reed box floor ).
    With a VF3 in place you can make a curved blade the same thickness as the VF divider at one end ( with a ball nose radius to fit over the leading edge )
    tapering down to a small radius facing the carb.
    By raising the leading edge of the blade you can equalise the upper and lower reed opening ( that is the flow ).
    Easy to test with a vacuum cleaner hose connected to the exit ( or a leaf blower, or if you are really desperate the exhaust pipe on your car - been there done that ).
    Of course the flow bench with a velocity pitot is the real go.
    I did this on a CR250 on a kart and picked up 3Hp from memory.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    r6ypvs hybrid
    Brilliant,thanks!

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas M View Post
    No Problem. It´s a pleasure for me, to giving you something back, for all the stuff you (and the others) posted here.

The pictures below show some details of work. I also installed a 120mm PC fan above the head. It works with 14,8V lithium polymer accu. Very good cooling for the cylinder head. Maybe you should think of
    On the one picture you can see my 2 stroke car called Trabant built in my hometown Zwickau/Germany. 26HP out of 600ccm
    Have you got any videos of your class you can post here?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Have you got any videos of your class you can post here?
    Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqSoqF1vnRQ . And at the right of the YouTube page you'll find a lot more Simson videos.
    The big guy doing the interviews is my mate Jan Schäffer wo runs a two-stroke tuning business in Zwickau. Weighing 116 kg with his boots on he's not quite the perfect figure for 50 cc racing. But nobody told him, so he is also the guy who won more SimsonGP titles than any other rider.
    After dominating the open classes I persuaded him to try his luck in the aircooled pistonported standard 50cc class, thinking that he couldn't possibly win there, which would be good for the series. Well, he won the 50 cc standard class and using the same 50 cc bike he also won the 85 cc standard class. that 50 cc bike ain't bad.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Love the Trabie

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	541.3 KB 
ID:	307813  

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    Love the Trabie
    You asked for it:

Name:	Trabant sport 1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	307814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trapant sport 2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	307815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trabant sport 3.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	307816  

Bike
    Yo momma
    Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqSoqF1vnRQ . And at the right of the YouTube page you'll find a lot more Simson videos.
    The big guy doing the interviews is my mate Jan Schäffer wo runs a two-stroke tuning business in Zwickau. Weighing 116 kg with his boots on he's not quite the perfect figure for 50 cc racing. But nobody told him, so he is also the guy who won more SimsonGP titles than any other rider.
    After dominating the open classes I persuaded him to try his luck in the aircooled pistonported standard 50cc class, thinking that he couldn't possibly win there, which would be good for the series. Well, he won the 50 cc standard class and using the same 50 cc bike he also won the 85 cc standard class.
    Thanks for posting.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    The pictures below show some details of work. On the one picture you can see my 2 stroke car called Trabant built in my hometown Zwickau/Germany. 26HP out of 600ccm
    Thanks for the tip about the PC fan, I will try it. I like the pictures, very good workmanship, and I think your Trabaint transporter is really cool...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Good to see you out on the GP again, pity it just didn't want to pick up. Must be more on this initial throttle opening stuff.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Monark -57(50cc moped), KTM 200EXC
    Mental Trousers wrote: "I'm still away on holiday at the moment so I'm only online sporadically using my phone and I'm not able to do this right now but I'll take care of it as soon as I get back to civilisation."
    Cant wait!

Great Lucas!
    Please let us see more of your work.
    I find it really interesting since I know "everything" about 50cc barrels with to tightly placed studs and crap dual transfers with little room for improvement.
    The Simson is way better then anything I have so even half of your PS would be great.
    EngMod2T says it is easily but I'm not overly convinced that a BMEP of even 6-8 bar is realistic for me and my lack of experience. Time will tell. Lawnmover anyone? 

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post

For sale Next generation bucket race bikes.
    CVT Scooter Vis CBR on a Kart track. TZ's idea of using a CVT looks like a good one, it can only be time before someone makes a Bucket using a CVT transmission.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Thread Information